Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help in identifying this vintage hat

BreinederIndy

New in Town
Hy guys!

I was told at Club Obi wan that you may help me out.

I met an old Trapper last year in B.C.

This photo was taken in Alberta, 1938:

Bert.bmp

I know you could hardly see how the hat looked like, but does anyone of you have an idea wich hat it could be?

well, Bert looks like he is wearing some type of cowboy hat. More than likely it was a Stetson. The model is tough to tell from the photo. If I had to guess it would be one of Stetson's Staple and Stockman's hats of the time. Maybe an Army officers or a Laloo model by the high crown.
Can the guy remember how much it cost or if the edge was bound or not? If he can describe it better then it might be easier to identify.

Regards to all,

J

BreinederIndy

New in Town
I never asked him about how much he spent on his hat nor which kind it was. The man was 18 or 19 years old on this picture, that's allmost all I can tell ya

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Are you wanting to get one similar in appearance? If so I would suggest ebay and do a search under "Stetson". Given the age it is more than likely a stetson of some kind. If you are patient, you will see ones like that come up. Sometimes they are already beat up and weathered.

Also it just occurred to me that since the pic is from Canada, it may possibly be a Biltmore as they are a Canadian brand and make a western style of hat.

fedoralover

BreinederIndy

New in Town
Well, I met this guy last year in the Bush.
I was facinated by him becouse I never thought that I would ever meet a real canadian Trapper from the old days. So this picture hung in the lounge of Nechako Lodge, where I met him.

So I'm really thinking of getting such a beaten up hat to put it next to his picture, maybe I would wear it sometimes. But I don't want a hat which got the hight of a texan hat

I will have a look at ebay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo