Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help with Aero BR custom sizing!

Dwstix86

New in Town
So I'm going through Thurston bros for a custom Aero BR order.
I'm 6'1", 185lbs, and usually wear size 40R.
Shoulder width of 18" on garments fits me PERFECTLY.

So I got the fit jacket from Thurston which was a medium weight vicenza and the shoulder width was PERFECT, it was a 40R board racer.

However, I wanted a much heftier jacket so I told Carrie I wanted a tumbled FQHH black CXL and she suggested that I size up to a 42R BR instead due to the increased thickness of the heavier weight hide.

My main concern is the shoulder width on a 42R vs a 40R. If a 40R BR in mid-weight vicenza fits my shoulders perfectly, what about a 42R BR in FQHH CXL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I... Okay, I've never handled a BR but I really don't think a 0.3 mm makes that much of a difference. The jacket will be stiffer but that's... That should be it. If the size 40 fits you, I'd stick with it.

Dwstix86

New in Town
This is the size 40 in mid weight vicenza.

Attachments

• IMG_2060.JPG
    IMG_2060.JPG
    790.5 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    717.6 KB · Views: 405
  • IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    575.6 KB · Views: 385

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just to add some doubt.

I typically wear a size 40 and had a 40 BR in CXL steer. I fought that thing for about 2 years and in the end gave up and sold it, it was just too tight for me across the shoulders. My 40 didn't look as tight on me as this does on you.

The 42 I now have feels so much better but doesn't look that different but I also changed from the steer to Vicenza.

Looking at the picture I'd say the 40 was too tight for you. Look at the leather stretching above the chest pockets.

If you like the waist that slim, ask if they can give you a 42 tapered down to a 40 waist but again, the 42 isn't huge in the waist anyway, its a slim jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
If Carrie suggested sizing up for the CXL, I believe that's what I'd do if I were you. However, personally I would get the Vicenza over CXL.

Last edited:
I agree with PN - go for the 42. Regardless of the CXL, this size 40 is too small on you. Shoulder width is where you'll least notice the difference between two sizes. Aero's are just well tailored, it's near impossible to end up with a serious case of droopy shoulders on their jackets.

Dwstix86

New in Town
Excellent. And speaking of hides, how do we all feel about the black tumbled CXL?

I've actually had a shinki cafe racer by SB, it's smooth as butter but the shine just won't go away lol. Grain is fantastic though. Also my shinki didn't have any brown undertones =[

Never had a tumbled CXL jacket but in my experience few if any Leathers rival Horween CXL. It's just beautiful and enchanting to look at. To me black is the least interesting but it is based off brown so the potential for real character to develop is left to you and how you wear it. I could stare at Cordo and brown for hours and never get bored. It's intoxicating.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Size up for a start. There's something very odd going on with the back, and I suspect it's because it's too small. I sized up to at 38 in tumbled FQHH and it still looks a slim fit without the overstuffed sausage look

sweetfights

Size up for sure to 42 with the thicker hide.
I went through the same thing with a Lost Worlds Ryder in 4 oz. The thicker hide makes all the difference especially when already form fitted. Looks great on you by the way.

ProteinNerd

Excellent. And speaking of hides, how do we all feel about the black tumbled CXL?

[

I don't have any experience with the Black Tumbled but I do have a Tumbled Cordovan jacket. Great hide but it is a touch thinner than the regular FQHH and a little less stiff when it first arrived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider