Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need your help!

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
mk has graciously allowed me to post my message in the lounge.

i am a photographer/writer working on two newspaper stories. the first is about people who visit cemeteries. they could be looking for relatives, or celebs, doing genealogy or just hanging out.

i would like to interview anyone that participates in that activity. californians preferred but not mandatory! :)

my second story is a bit more complex and it is directly linked to my recent involvement here. i am so intriqued with people who like to dress vintage for whatever reasons. for fun, reenactments, work whatever. to go along with interviews for this story i am going to be shooting some fashion type images so if you are in southern california, like the los angeles area, that is within my driving budget. deco location suggestions greatly appreciated!

so, please contact me if you are interested in being a part of either or both stories. i would really appreciate it!

you can either pm me or send me an e-mail: lhartley@vvdailypress.com

if you would like to look at some of my black and white people work before you commit you can view it here:

http://www.criticaldance.com/amp-la2001/

two weeks of shooting and writing about an english dance company that was in l.a. on tour.

if you have questions please contact me!

thanks so much in advance and thanks mk for letting me post my plea for help!

lara

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Cemeteries...

Every Memorial Day, My Parents and I visit the local Cemetery that the majority of my relatives are buried at.

I also visited one in LaGrande Oregon once because of genealogy, have some distant relatives buried there.

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
raiderrescuer said:
Every Memorial Day, My Parents and I visit the local Cemetery that the majority of my relatives are buried at.

I also visited one in LaGrande Oregon once because of genealogy, have some distant relatives buried there.

thanks raider, sent you a PM for more info.

lara

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
When I go to Holy Sepulchre in Hayward, CA, there are some people who make a day out of it. They have folding tables and umbrellas, sometimes a cooler and basically sit there reading a book for hours. I knew one lady who used to go every day to her husbands grave, polish and wax the bronze military headstone, put St. Valentine Day cards, Birthday Cards, Christmas Cards etc.

If you have a chance make it up to Colma. They have a visitors center there with a guide to the cemetaries.

Naama

Practically Family
I'm not from the us, but I used (I USED) to hang out at cemeterys with friends, don't know if I can help you in anyway, if so, pm me.

Naama

jazzbass

Familiar Face
Why can't I stop thinking of "Harold and Maude"?

Of course they not only visited cemetaries, they went to the funerals of perfect strangers..

jazzbass

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Lincsong said:
When I go to Holy Sepulchre in Hayward, CA, there are some people who make a day out of it. They have folding tables and umbrellas, sometimes a cooler and basically sit there reading a book for hours. I knew one lady who used to go every day to her husbands grave, polish and wax the bronze military headstone, put St. Valentine Day cards, Birthday Cards, Christmas Cards etc.

If you have a chance make it up to Colma. They have a visitors center there with a guide to the cemetaries.

thanks linc. that is an interesting word picture you have painted.

in my research i found a site called find a grave - seems this whole cemetery thing is HUGE!

lara

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy