Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Needing hat advice please!...

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Hi - bought a hat at Portobello Market in London, and as I know nothing about hats I was wondering if one of you helpful lounge members could tell me something about it. I don't even know if it's that old. It's brown felt, with a ribbed polyester ribbon, and the inside has a band of leather, then a band of synthetic silk, and the crown seems to be silk also, but is covered with a sheet of plastic. The maker is G.K Dunne & Co. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanking you in advance for any help!

Cobden

Practically Family
I don't think Dunne exist anymore, so it's not modern. I have a very battered 1950's bowler from Dunne, but it omits the "GK" from the makers name, so it probably isn't from the same as mine...

JazzBaby

Practically Family
I'm still working on uploading some pictures. It's definatly not a bowler though. Think it may be a fedora or trilby.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
I am to new to pretend to be much help , but welcome to the lounge I have learned a grest deal here in a couple of months so shall you. lots of good advice. would like to see the picture of the hat though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24