Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

Doh!

One Too Many
This week's was another winner, but when I found out that you-know-who ends up dead in the future, I said to my TV, "You bastards!"

Sorry for the language but I really did say that.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Doh! said:
This week's was another winner, but when I found out that you-know-who ends up dead in the future, I said to my TV, "You bastards!"

Sorry for the language but I really did say that.
You think he's dead? His date of death on the tombstone is the date flight 815 crashed, so I think he's one of the presumed dead, left on the island and not one of the Oceanic 6. What we saw at the end was Sun guilt ridden over the deal she and rest made to get off the island.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I didn't like the last episode. Sun, Jin and Hurley are my least favourite characters and the FB/FF split was gimmicky and obvious. The only hting that kept me going was the slow trickle of narrative on the ship.

This week's will be better, but I can't wait for Locke to take centre stage again.

Doh!

One Too Many
I didn't even catch the date of death on the tombstone; that opens up a world of possibilities.

Of course, with this show we can't "assume" anything until the very last episode airs. I'm especially enjoying the ride this season.

Mr.Microphone

Familiar Face
Everything I have seen online shows the date on Jin's tombstone to be 9/22/04. I am a bit more anxious to see what happens with Locke's group and if more is revealed about Ben. The captain of the freighter seemed to hint that Ben may have had something to do with the fake wreckage and all the bodies.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Mr.Microphone said:
Everything I have seen online shows the date on Jin's tombstone to be 9/22/04. I am a bit more anxious to see what happens with Locke's group and if more is revealed about Ben. The captain of the freighter seemed to hint that Ben may have had something to do with the fake wreckage and all the bodies.
See, I can't do the online thing. I'm afraid that I would get obsessive about it if I did, and i already went through that with X-Files. At this point I'm just content to watch and leave that stuff to my boyfriend.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
disturbing 4 toed giant

DAMN.
Ive been dying to find out what that damned 4toe collossus was about....
loststatue.jpg

"That's actually a great story," Damon responds. "We did the four-toed statue on the show and basically we got a note back from the network, which was, 'This is too weird.' We're like, 'Do you watch the show? This is too weird?' And essentially they said, 'Could it be a six-toed statue?' If someone could explain why a six-toed statue is less weird than a four-toed statue, that's exactly what we will do."

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
Loved last night's ep. I'm glad we're starting to get big picture information. I want to know what "The Rules" were, and how Whitmore changed them. Man, I wouldn't want to end up on the wrong side of Ben L.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I'm finding it a little too frenetic and plotty. The show I thought was so great combined the mysterious back story of connections and relationships and the island with careful, thoughtful character development. Lately they just throw stuff into an episode to answer questions and raise new ones without taking any real time to work on the characters or find thematic links. I think that Ben's loss, Sayid's loss and Jacks realization could all have been developed to refelect one another and to stand in contrast to Whidmore's reaction to Ben's threat. As it was, though, the pace was too pell mell for anything other than the most banal expositionary dialogue.

Lost is getting to be a little too much like 24 for my taste. Run shoot, run shoot, run shoot, yawn.

Doh!

One Too Many
I liked the season finale, but now that they've gone into flat-out sci-fi territory, I'm a little disappointed. The time travel is one thing, but Ben ending up in the Arctic (or whatever really cold place that was) and literally moving the island now means that anything can happen so my emotional investment will be less next season.

I was really hoping that by the time the final episode rolls around, all will be revealed by logical explanations. I like sci-fi, but it makes the odd events on the island much too easy to occur now.

flat-top

Doh! said:
I liked the season finale, but now that they've gone into flat-out sci-fi territory, I'm a little disappointed. The time travel is one thing, but Ben ending up in the Arctic (or whatever really cold place that was) and literally moving the island now means that anything can happen so my emotional investment will be less next season.

I was really hoping that by the time the final episode rolls around, all will be revealed by logical explanations. I like sci-fi, but it makes the odd events on the island much too easy to occur now.
They either had to go sci-fi or supernatural to explain these mysteries they've created. I did kinda like the ancient wheel thing at the center of the earth.
It stinks that Sayid only really gets to kick a$$ in season finales.
A solid 2 hours of TV!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I liked that the first fifteen minutes of the finale were HBfL and disposed of most of the situations that had been set up previosuly. The fight with Sayid was very well handled, and I don't normally think very much of roll-in-the-dirt fight scenes... I've seen too many of them.

The identity of Jeremy Bentham, the man in the box, was not very surprising though.

flat-top

jake_fink said:
The identity of Jeremy Bentham, the man in the box, was not very surprising though.
So do you think that Locke is also Jacob? I do, and I think he's either time traveling creating a loop in time (like Terminator), or that he's a "ghost" like Jack's dad.

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
flat-top said:
So do you think that Locke is also Jacob? I do, and I think he's either time traveling creating a loop in time (like Terminator), or that he's a "ghost" like Jack's dad.
Yes! I absolutely believe that he's Jacob, but people seem to think I'm a little nuts. Glad I'm not alone.:D

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
flat-top said:

It did look like Locke in the glimpse we got last season, but Jacob has been pretty much represented as Christian Shepherd for this season as far as I recall. Maybe Jacob is something else, not a person exactly, but something else that takes various forms using time travel or loops or...

Basically, I dunno. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo