Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

Feraud

Bartender
Rosie said:
Ben.... Interesting. But, would Jack have cared that much? He seemed so distraught.
Considering the tug or war between these two leaders (Ben & Jack) Jack's distress may come from the fact that after all is said and done, Ben was right about not leaving the island. I am not sure Jack could handle the truth and move on.

Rosie said:
I'm going to mess with you a bit, was Locke REALLY resurrected? He was shot and we assumed he was dead. Others who have died on the island remain dead. Locke seems to be special. I don't think Charlie is.
Good point.
Fatality of gunshot wounds in film is something that will come into play here. However.. Locke seemed to take a good shot to the midsection. Then again, the guy with the eyepatch took a spear to the chest and look what he accomplished..

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
According to Michael Emmerson (Ben), Locke has a previous medical condition that works in his favour - he gave something up that will actually help him to survive. So... no kidney to bleed into his abdomen... also, the magical healing powers of the island might be a factor.

The finale was a corker. The Heroes finale by comparrison was silly and derivative - as the series has been in general.

I don't know that the future is "alternate" it may be - like Desmond's flashes - inevitable. Remember, Charlie said so much for fate, or destiny or some such before he discovered that - in the show at least - it is iron clad.

There are still many mysteries to go before arriving at Jack's fetching Tolstoy beard and watching them fall into place should be interesting. As to Jack's dad, either Jack was being forgetful, or there was a good reason the coffin he found on the island was empty.

The funeral... Michael perhaps?

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think that was Sawyer's funeral. C'mon, no friends or family! And Jack thinking Kate would want to attend. Kate referred to her signifigant other as "he", so it could be anyone.
And Locke's legs weren't working when he was in the pit, so they somehow were healed (again). Was that really Walt? Or possibly Jacob?
You also have got to love the violence in this episode! To watch some Others get theirs was satisfying for sure! The ones that got blown up, Sayid breaking that guy's neck with his legs, Sawyer just shooting Tom!! Oooh, and Jack pummeling Ben! It was cool to see our heroes fighting back for a change.
I'm not sure where this show is going, but I am wishing it was already January (or is it February)!
This finale, I think, may be the best episode of LOST ever!

flat-top

pretty faythe said:
I haven't watched the show most of the season, are you telling me they killed Charlie??
Well...........you should definitely catch up!! The past few weeks have been the best ever.
And it seems that Charlie has met his demise, but with this show, who knows?!

Rosie

One Too Many
Very good points made.

I don't think the funeral was Michael's he hasn't been a major character as of late. I know it was in a "black" neighborhood but it was never established that Michael didn't have any friends or family. I mean, at the very least, he has Walt.

On a side note, did everyone notice how big Walt (or at least the kid who plays Walt) got? His face is changing and everything.

Did anyone see Vincent last night?

Sayid's move has got to be one of the coolest killing scenes ever.

Doh!

One Too Many
flat-top said:
I think that was Sawyer's funeral. C'mon, no friends or family! And Jack thinking Kate would want to attend. Kate referred to her signifigant other as "he", so it could be anyone.
And Locke's legs weren't working when he was in the pit, so they somehow were healed (again). Was that really Walt? Or possibly Jacob?
You also have got to love the violence in this episode! To watch some Others get theirs was satisfying for sure! The ones that got blown up, Sayid breaking that guy's neck with his legs, Sawyer just shooting Tom!! Oooh, and Jack pummeling Ben! It was cool to see our heroes fighting back for a change.
I'm not sure where this show is going, but I am wishing it was already January (or is it February)!
This finale, I think, may be the best episode of LOST ever!

I'm with Flat-Top for most of this (it'd be tough to pick the BEST episode without seeing them all again). I'll only add that I thought Charlie's demise was quite touching and if he doesn't stay dead, it'll be an unforgiveable cheat. Also, methinks Eyepatch is somehow immortal (but that doesn't explain his bad eye -- unless he had it prior to coming to the island).

Good stuff, overall!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I thought it was Michael because he was the only charater I know of from New York and the article Jack read said ..."bladdy blah of New York was found on a bus..." Someone with sharper eyes than mine, or screen caps and a magnifying glass, seems to think that the character whose funeral it was is named Jeremy Bentham - after the philospher (a student of duh duh-duh John Locke). So... who knows.

As to eyepatch and the related seeming agelessness of Richard Alpert, I think the Black Rock is somehow involved, though I have no idea how.

It is nice that we can all enthuse and speculate again. Not to whup horse carcass, but the Heroes finale offered nowhere near this level of effect.

Feraud

Bartender
Here is the newspaper article. We must consider the name on this paper is what drove Jack to the bridge.
What is the first letter or two of the name?
newspaperclipping2.jpg

For some odd reason, Jack in the flashforwards remind me of a charcter you would see in The Best Years of Our Lives. Veterans returning home from war and finding their lives and homes have changed. Jack appears to have a hard time adjusting to "civilian life".

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
Here is the newspaper article. We must consider the name on this paper is what drove Jack to the bridge.
newspaperclipping2.jpg

For some odd reason, Jack in the flashforwards remind me of a charcter you would see in The Best Years of Our Lives. Veterans returning home from war and finding their lives and homes have changed. Jack appears to have a hard time adjusting to "civilian life".

Thank-you Feraud.

It doesn't look like Jeremy Bentham to me it looks like Jo--- -antham.

So, who he?

Rosie

One Too Many
Feraud said:
newspaperclipping2.jpg

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Great screen grab!

I am such a nerd, I have two office mates in the school I am visiting today staring at the screen trying to figure this out. lol

We see J---- --antham also.

Rosie

One Too Many
We also see something about a loft. Didn't Michael live in a loft? :rolleyes:

This may mean NOTHING but random words I see:

man
tower
loft
loud noises
disappeard?
Ted? Tad?

flat-top

Could the name be a Sawyer alias? I just keep thinking it's him because Jack only called Kate as if she would have been the only other person who would have cared. Another theory I have read is that the "he" Kate refers to is her son, not a husband or boyfriend, and that Sawyer is the father. The Kate pregnancy hints were given in the finale.
Man, it really IS great to have our LOST back again, better than ever!

Feraud

Bartender
jake_fink said:
I don't think so. He'd recogize her for one thing, and it didn't look like her in the bed.
My wife did not think it looked like Claire but I did. I think Jack recognized her. Didn't Jack insist on doing the operation? He would do that if it were Claire considering their history on the island.
I remember the doctor who refused Jack doing the operation saying something to the effect of Jack being "too close" to the patient?

They did hint that Kate could be pregnant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn