Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Yeah. Great season opener, I thought. I did catch the POTA reference and found it quite funny. Shouldn't Sawyer have shouted, "Get your paws off me you damn dirty Others!"

The season break thing is actually a great idea. We'll get one mini season, a shortish story arc that ends after 6 weeks, then a longer story arc begining in the new year. The hiatus will allow the producers to make enough episodes that both parts of the season will run continuously, without all those annoying, apparently random, repeats that allowed them to catch-up on production in the past two seasons.

Now.... KILL HURLEY!!!!

Rosie

One Too Many
I'm kind of eh about this week's episode. Desmond is a bit weird. I thought the polar bear was very big, like godzilla big.

What i don't understand is this: During last season's finale when the hatch imploded, didn't any of the other survivors hear or see what happened? Why didn't they run over to see what was going on? Why did Charlie just walk away and not run screaming for help? He sees Locke and is like "hey" not at all "are you okay? where are Ecko and Desmond?" Weird to me.

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
Okay, I just got up to date with Season 3. God bless torrents.

One thing that gets me is why the characters aren't more skeptical and paranoid about every little thing that happens to them, since practically everything appears to be staged by the others.

But I suppose we get to see all of the evidence from everyone's perspective. For instance; how many characters would be aware of "The Pearl" bunker and the reports seemingly piled up in a garbage heap? As I think has been stated here the characters really don't communicate well with eachother.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was not crazy about this week's episode---not that it was bad, but to go go on "hiatus" for 14 weeks after only 6 episodes, all 6 should be STELLAR! I hope they are setting up something cool for next week's "fall finale"!

Rosie

One Too Many
I know, 14 weeks is a long time. This weeks episode was kind of eh, I was going to watch it again since I was borderline asleep while watching it. I thought Ecko's character could have gone a bit further though I doubt this is the last we'll see of him. I'm not sure how I feel about those other two characters their trying to make prominent, they seem a bit boring.

Doh!

One Too Many
Not a bad cliffhanger tonight; much better than last week's Smoke Monster (I gotta see how they explain THAT thing). If they ever kill one of the 3 leads this season, I might just be done with the series.

Until February, then.

flat-top

Doh! said:
Not a bad cliffhanger tonight; much better than last week's Smoke Monster (I gotta see how they explain THAT thing). If they ever kill one of the 3 leads this season, I might just be done with the series.

Until February, then.
Agreed! This was very good! The look on Jack's face when he saw Kate and Saywer was priceless.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
I think this season has been top notch, but if the internets is anything to go by, I am alone. Then again, the internets is nothing to go by (unless you be a googling, if you're a googler, it's somehting to go by).

The last two episodes were very well handled, very well written, multi-leveled, smart and entertaining. I think the Mr. Eko episode was one of the best of the series and I hope it will be recognized as such when emmy time rolls around. I'm not one to wish my life away, but when Feb 7 arrives, I'll be ready for more.

BTW. I still think this mini-maxi series idea is great. It means that there will be no interruptions between the next episode and the run up to the last of the season.

Doh!

One Too Many
I second that -- last year's schedule with multiple reruns interspersed with new episodes was VERY annoying. Also, I was an NYPD Blue fan, and in their last season or two, they started the year really late, but then ran 22 new episodes in a row.

Lost's new schedule could work out pretty well.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
This season has been well done, but I'm a littl burnt out on the formula of the show.
So I'll wait til next year & hopefully be intrigued again.

But I'd really like to know more about the giant statue w/ the 4 toes from last season's finale.

flat-top

MrBern said:
This season has been well done, but I'm a littl burnt out on the formula of the show.
So I'll wait til next year & hopefully be intrigued again.

But I'd really like to know more about the giant statue w/ the 4 toes from last season's finale.
There are SOOO many loose ends on this show that you gotta wonder, at the rate they are going, if they could EVER explain everything!

Twitch

Rosie, I love Hurley too! I have a very wild idea about the "others." Though I doubt it, they could be aliens. Or they were a test to save humanity from 1960s Cold War nukes by setting up a community refuge on the island. Can't figure the whole deal of the magnetic anomaly. Since it blew there is no lasting effect whatsoever in the script so what was the big deal.

One thing for sure, I hope when that ba***rd Michael comes back, and I'm sure he will, that Sayeed breaks his damn neck!:rage: lol

A bit off topic Flat-top- a show I began watching and just couldn't keep up with was theat one where Martin Sheen was the President. It had too many sub-plots and if you missed a low key line from someone later it proved to be important to the plot in a future episode. Had to concentrate too damn much. It became stufying for a test instead of entertainment.

olive bleu

One Too Many
wow, i really need to start watching t.v. i guess.i am scrolling through this thread and realizing i don't watch any of the shows mentioned here!My husband always tells me that i need to watch some current television just to keep up with pop culture, but a person only has so much free time...

But to get back to the start of this thread...I have always known i was a nerd and i adore nerds, frankly.I would have thought that anyone watching anything as current and popular as "lost" would not be classified as a nerd, at all.I think we are all nerds for being here on this forum because we are not conforming to the status quo and we relish the obscure, i think that is the real definition of a nerd!;)

Rosie

One Too Many
Twitch said:
Rosie, I love Hurley too! I have a very wild idea about the "others." Though I doubt it, they could be aliens. Or they were a test to save humanity from 1960s Cold War nukes by setting up a community refuge on the island. Can't figure the whole deal of the magnetic anomaly. Since it blew there is no lasting effect whatsoever in the script so what was the big deal.

One thing for sure, I hope when that ba***rd Michael comes back, and I'm sure he will, that Sayeed breaks his damn neck!:rage: lol

I read Bad Twin, the tie in book and it hinted at a lot of cloning and tinkering with DNA for human enhancement. Remember those doctors, the Asian ones in the hatch training videos? If you look closely, they are two different people, one has a fake hand. They were mentioned in the book as successful clones. Of course I know nothing, just throwing that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
farmerboy