Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Rosie said:
You know what bugs me about that show? It's an island with like 50 people, and no one ever tells anyone what's going on. They all keep secrets from one another, it's so annoying. Like yesterday when Claire asked Charlie "what happened?" he didn't answer her question, like no one ever answers anyones question. I couldn't live with those people.
I have a theory, and I haven't seen it written anywhere else yet: I don't think Charlie is Charlie. We never see him get out of the hatch, and last we saw he was with Eko. Then he's all of a sudden wandering in the jungle. A clone maybe? The Others have been doing tests on people (Charlie got captured with Claire in season 1). Which also makes me think that Walt may also be a clone. Why would The Others just let him go after being so obsessed with him? Cuz maybe it's not him!

flat-top

and oh yeah......

That was Matthew Fox (Jack) playing one of the Russian(?) sailors at the end. Just to mess with us, or does that have more to do with my theory??

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow, okay. Because truthfully, I was wondering, why would Charlie just come out of the Hatch, wouldn't he want to see if Ecko and John were okay? You raise a really good point. When Claire asked about them, he answered "they're not back yet"? I was like "Dude, you left them?" Then, I kind of thought maybe he had amnesia.

The younger Black lady, Ms. Clue ? Said , they got more than they bargained for with Walt. I was reading these theories implying that Walt had "powers" but truthfully, I don't recall those. Did I miss them?

Was that Matthew Fox playing one of those guys towards the end? Don't freak me out now, I'm going to have to watch that again during the summer reruns. I think I'll get the past episodes on dvd now too.

Doh!

One Too Many
Actually, the preferred spelling is "Wookiee." And you call yourself a nerd...

Back to Lost: I was expecting more from last night's episode after all of the hype. I usually love the show, but sorta felt let down by what they showed us. There really wasn't much of a cliffhanger (at least not the kind to keep me on edge for the next 4 months). I just hope that there's a definite story they're telling and not just, "Well, it's popular so let's just make it up as we go along."

That's what killed Twin Peaks, if you ask me.

Rosie

One Too Many
It kind of looks like him, who am I kidding, it really looks like him but then again......

I want so badly to see this episode again. Actually, after looking around at the boards on imbd, I want to watch both seasons again. I am indeed a nerd. :eek:

Rosie

One Too Many
Doh! said:
Back to Lost: I was expecting more from last night's episode after all of the hype. I usually love the show, but sorta felt let down by what they showed us. There really wasn't much of a cliffhanger (at least not the kind to keep me on edge for the next 4 months). I just hope that there's a definite story they're telling and not just, "Well, it's popular so let's just make it up as we go along."

That's what killed Twin Peaks, if you ask me.

I agreed with you initially but now, I'm kind of rethinking it. I wasn't blown away like with last years finale but this one has left me thinking.

221b

Familiar Face
Lost

I love the show but I'm Lost as well. Is it all fake? What about Libby being in the kook house with Hurley? Yah, what happened to Polar bears and the "dinosaur" type BIG monster thing? People keep seeing dead people on the Island also. What is also weird is that almost everyone crossed paths before getting on that plane. Is there a story or are they making it up as they go along? I love the show though!

Zach R.

Practically Family
Wookiee indeed...

Spelling wookiee as 'wookie' is one of my pet peeves.:p

I think you really have something in the clone theory, I mean, chances are that Locke, Charlie, Ecko, and Desmond are completely obliterated considering that they were so close to the source of the 'shockwave' or 'explosion,' but maybe not, I doubt they'd kill that many main characters at once.

I'm getting a Truman Show vibe from this show lately, it all may be exactly what Desmond said, it may just be a big snowglobe.

Rosie

One Too Many
Zach R. said:
I'm getting a Truman Show vibe from this show lately, it all may be exactly what Desmond said, it may just be a big snowglobe.

I've thought of that but, if it's a "snowglobe", how are people able to get in, if you know what I mean. Russo (the crazy French lady), the REAL Henry Gale, (that Black guy who's ID they found at the balloon crashing) and the Lost people themselves, oh, not to mention Ecko's brother on that crashed plane. The only "dead" person I remember seeing was Jack's dad, and we haven't seen him since season one, maybe the polar bear or the monster ate him. lol

All of the tie ins of the the character better amount to something, it's a great show now, I'm just afraid it will turn into some silly, thrown together garbage. I got the book Bad Twin yesterday, I'll let you guys know if there's any interesting clues in it.

flat-top

The snowglobe reference MAY be a wink to the show St. Elsewhere, where in the last episode you find out that the entire series was all in the imagination of a kid staring into a snowglobe.

Doh!

One Too Many
I hope there's a (semi)logical explanation for everything, just like when we found out in the flashback that the light eminating from the hatch turned out to be Desmond's really powerful flashlight. Obviously, there are too many coincidences for it to all be mere happenstance, but right now I'm just enjoying the ride.

Hopefully, we won't get get cheated when we reach the end of the trip.

Rosie

One Too Many
flat-top said:
The snowglobe reference MAY be a wink to the show St. Elsewhere, where in the last episode you find out that the entire series was all in the imagination of a kid staring into a snowglobe.

I just read about it, I was 5 when St. Elsewhere began. That would be a very clever wink. Interesting. I was thinking snowglobe in the sense of being in a contained area as when Desmond said he should have X miles away, blah, blah, blah, we're living in a snowglobe. Enough Lost talk for me now.

BTW, you guys are brilliant. Wish I had known all of you watched, I would have been bugging you all season.

flat-top

Rosie said:
I just read about it, I was 5 when St. Elsewhere began. That would be a very clever wink. Interesting. I was thinking snowglobe in the sense of being in a contained area as when Desmond said he should have X miles away, blah, blah, blah, we're living in a snowglobe. Enough Lost talk for me now.

BTW, you guys are brilliant. Wish I had known all of you watched, I would have been bugging you all season.
Well, you'll have me all of NEXT season! ;)
It seems the producers are browsing the fan message boards, so they throw things in that they read there--the St Elsewhere/ snowglobe thing was one of them. The best example of this was a discussion about Hurley never losing weight. They wrote an entire episode about that!
But if what Desmond says is true, then we have a Truman Show type thing happening there. Or, in the comic that Walt was reading last season, there were a few depictions of a giant bio-dome (and polar bears too, if you recall!).

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Next season I want:

1) No aliens.

2) More Evangaline Lilly

3) Less of that hobbit dude who thinks injecting a baby with some unlabled "vaccine" he found on the beach is a good idea. He bugs me.

4) Hurley to die for saying dude, doooood and du-ood. And for being a lousy actor and for looking like a wookiee (that just looks so wrong - or does it lookiee worng - I dunno)

5) Mr. Eko to live.

Now, how is Jack's father involved in all of this? And who is his daughter/Jack's half sister?

flat-top

jake_fink said:
Next season I want:

1) No aliens.

2) More Evangaline Lilly

3) Less of that hobbit dude who thinks injecting a baby with some unlabled "vaccine" he found on the beach is a good idea. He bugs me.

4) Hurley to die for saying dude, doooood and du-ood. And for being a lousy actor and for looking like a wookiee (that just looks so wrong - or does it lookiee worng - I dunno)

5) Mr. Eko to live.

Now, how is Jack's father involved in all of this? And who is his daughter/Jack's half sister?
I'm thinking Jack's dad is involved with Hanso.I think we all know that he's not dead. And, since the only Austrailian main character on the show is Claire, wouldn't it be something if Jack was somehow related to her?? (for those who didn't see, Jack's dad was in Austrailia seemingly involved in a domestic squabble with an Aussie family). Maybe Jack's dad is Claire's baby's father??

flat-top

jake_fink said:
2) More Evangaline Lilly

Does it bug you even more to know that the hobbit dude is actually engaged to Evangaline Lilly in real life?? :(

Rosie

One Too Many
I know I said no more talk but.....

You are too right, I was thinking, what mother injects her child with some unknown subtance? Charlie and Claire are ninnies.

I don't want Ecko to be dead but, he is SO annoying to me. He never answers questions, claims to be religious then knocks people in the head with branches fashioned into clubs. :mad: He irritates me.

I like Hurley, I think he's cute.

Flat-top, I think I'm going to get the first season, and the second when they release it and check it out over the summer. I have to catch all of the "extras". I've been trying to catch all I can but, obviously, I"ve missed a lot. I do remember Walt with that comic book. I was reading some board where the participants were saying Walt may have had the ability to summon animals [huh]. I'm definitely going to have to rewatch those episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters