Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NERD ALERT!!

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Collosus

An intrigueing tv show.
How many years ago did they first show a glimpse of that colossal statue's 4-toed foot? I believe the network asked them to lay off it.
Very happy to see it explained a bit more. And Jacob too.
I jsut hope next years grand finale wraps up all the loose ends.

I liked the view of seeing The Black Rock sail to the island as well.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
:(

what a gyp...

3596966379_db079479fc.jpg

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I feel so had. Steaming bowl of rancid tripe.
Other writing staffs should take note of THE WIRE's ending in regards to the proper wrapping up of a series.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
*SPOILERS*

First off, MUD!!! Where you been man?! Great to see you here!
Now let me be the minority by saying I feel satisfied by the series finale of LOST.
As a seriously dedicated fan, I felt frustrated by the direction of Season 6, realizing quickly that they really were not going to address the questions/ mysteries of the previous 5 seasons, And the ones that were answered were just casually put out there. This final season began a whole new storyline, and I wondered why the heck the writers would do such a thing, considering how much explaining they had to do. When the Jacob/ Man in Black story was finally told, I felt ripped off. If this was the "Big Picture" we were waiting for, well...I totally didn't care. With three episodes left, they were STILL gonna be mysterious about the Island, what it really is, what's at stake, etc.
Tell us SOMETHING.
Well, in the finale, we know that the Island and it's mysteries are NOT what the story was about after all, and in the end, all the unsolved mysteries didn't really matter.
I was moved by this episode, and thought several of the scenes were some of the most touching I've ever seen on television.
I'm not naive enough to think that this is always the ending the writers had in mind. This story line began in the final season, so what they did essentially was give a resolution to this season, not the entire series.
They left so many questions unanswered for 5 seasons that this was truly their only way out of having to prove they all meant something.
But still for me, in the words of Juliet, "It worked."

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I'm shocked that you'd accept such a flagrant cop-out. The whole thing reeks of sloppy, lazy writing. Never again will I pay any mind to an Abrams product.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I have to agree with feeling ripped off. What a dissapointment, a wrap up with no wrap up... Made me about as mad as the end to Battlestar Gallactica...:mad:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Hmmm... I watched the first season because family and friends raved about Lost. I tried to care about the endless parade of murderers (it seems like everyone had killed someone in the neverending stories) and at first thought some of the interweaving plot lines were well-written.

But at some point I got tired of people 'dying' and then coming back somehow. And one day I finally said to my family, "It's an endless series of red herrings," and stopped watching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails