Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW 2010 Stetson Whippet

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That looks pretty sweet, Bart. Thanks for the pics. Are they offering any other ribbon colors? I may have to look into one of those now. :rolleyes:

By the way, that is shantung straw, correct?

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I like it! couple questions for HATCO, what will happen if it gets wet? And would it distort like a panama on a long oval head or does the binding prevent that?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
Noggin shot!!

lol The head photographer is at work and the two apprentice phtographers are going through a 'Dad is a nerd' phase. So here goes.
whippet009.jpg

whippet008.jpg

whippet012.jpg

GWD

One Too Many
It does look a lot better than the original photo, however I'm not that impressed with the way it looks with the brim snapped down. Probably nothing a light steaming wouldn't take care of though. :)

carldelo

One Too Many
GWD said:
It does look a lot better than the original photo, however I'm not that impressed with the way it looks with the brim snapped down. Probably nothing a light steaming wouldn't take care of though. :)

It does have a bit of a wonky ripple to it, doesn't it? Not enough to alleviate my sour-grape sydrome, inasmuch as it doesn't come big enough for my melon....

carldelo

One Too Many
Cane Rod Maker said:
Nice lid. I need something for summer....I might have to get one for myself.

I know it's odd that I remember this, but this hat is only available up to 7-5/8 - don't you take a larger size, like me? (maybe it's just because I subconsciously remember possible competition for vintage hats, yeah, that must be it...)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
GWD said:

True. I do believe it could use just a little more SNAP.

HATCO

Vendor
to answer a couple of questions:

Currently it is not offered with other ribbon choices. The straw color is a a light tan vs the usual natural. I'll take some suggestions though.

I have no idea how it would do when it gets wet in a downpour. I think it would do fine.

As far as the scope on the brim flange, it is strong, but that was a stylistic choice.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
HATCO said:
Currently it is not offered with other ribbon choices. The straw color is a a light tan vs the usual natural. I'll take some suggestions though.

A pewter/grey colored ribbon would be sharp.:D

carldelo

One Too Many
Brown ribbon looks good to me, but I have a bunch of earth tone clothes. Also, it looks like the ripple that was in the brim in the previous pictures is gone. I want to check out this one and the straw Brewster at Bencraft when they arrive - maybe the 7-5/8 will be big enough....

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
carldelo said:
Brown ribbon looks good to me, but I have a bunch of earth tone clothes. Also, it looks like the ripple that was in the brim in the previous pictures is gone. I want to check out this one and the straw Brewster at Bencraft when they arrive - maybe the 7-5/8 will be big enough....

It has a lot of brim curl built into it which puts alot of downward snap to the front of the brim. Any waviness is caused by me fiddling with the brim and could have been smoothed out. In the recent pictures I put the break in the snap more forward to decrease such a downward brim front. Alot of options, even the Hollywood brim:D , but it does have alot of brim curl. I like the brown also, but another choice or two would be nice. Heck, I would like to see the brim and crown ribbons in different colors or different shades but that may be too much to ask for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy