Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Acquisitions

Razzman

One Too Many
Douglas, that Mallory looks better in your photographs, than the ones of it on ebay. It is truly a fine looking hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you gentlemen, it is really a fantastic find.As a true bonus it fits like a glove:) I am happy.

Stoney,if my house ever burned down I would probobly burn with them for not being able to choose.

interesting. It reminds of a bright yellow Mallory "Dick Tracy" hat i once bought from the Bay. I mean, it was BRIGHT yellow in the auction pics (once posted by M. Chevalier in a show us your suits thread, maybe the pics are till there, try show us your suits II). Turned out to be an off-white Borsalino. And it seems to be from 1911 or 1912.

Unwearable because it's so fragile these days, but good to have hanging around. Man, i love that hat.

bk

p.s. I have always wondered how eBay sellers manage to get such unbelievable colours into their auction pics it's like they're taking their pictures under some absurd colour-filtered lights.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
That hat is gorgeous!:eusa_clap I love the way that the ribbon color complements the hat -- also love that particular width of ribbon. What a great look -- congrats, Douglas!

Cheers,
JtL

DOUGLAS

Thanks for the compliments. As you can see from my photo I am quite pleased.

BK, I found that Borsalino. Man that is beautiful!

for everyone else:

this one:

58_1_b.jpg

is actually this colour:

Mongrel2.jpg

bk

DOUGLAS

Next to arrive

DSCN4919.jpg

DSCN4920.jpg

DSCN4922.jpg

DSCN4918.jpg

DSCN4915.jpg

DSCN4914.jpg

The photos don't do the hat justice. It is a 7-3/8 so I will need to pad it a bit but it does look sweet and it is in perfect condition. the picture of the underside is the tue felt color. It is a beautiful blue.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
DOUGLAS said:
Thanks for the compliments. As you can see from my photo I am quite pleased.

BK, I found that Borsalino. Man that is beautiful!
Sir, while I am enjoying the hats, I must say that I am TOTALLY groovin' on your new avatar! Wonderful.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Just as I thought -- a beautiful blue felt with a light purple ribbon. That hat rules! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Enjoy!!!

Cheers,
JtL

DOUGLAS

Thanks to all. The hat is made very well and is about the same weight and has a similar feel as my 3X OR. No taper on this one, it almost has a telescoping crown.

Mr.Lucky my avatar was taken by my daughter. She is pretty handy with a camera.

JtL, the color is almost like worn denim.

Bud,you are right. Its pretty damn cool and I'm feelin very lucky to have scored so well this last round.

vivaciousvivo

New in Town
DOUGLAS said:
Yeah Dinerman I am pretty sure it is close to that color. Talk about a good Ebay experience the seller of the Mallory called me to let me know she was shipping it and wanted to know if she should repair the box it comes in. She apparently did a fair amount of research on the hat as to sell it with the proper info.

This gorgeous hat is a dapper taupe color. The photos are deceiving of the color due to the light needed to take clear pictures. I picked the color font for this description that is closest to the hat. It could be a little grayer. Oh well, back to the description.....[/COLOR]

Men!!! Come on now, the color description was there all the time!!!
I wish it had been that mustard color too! It seems though, that the light needed to take clear shots soooooo distorts the color, then.

Douglas, the shots of you in the hat are wonderful......and I LOVE the new 'stash on you. The handlebar was cool, but this cut is dynamite!
Vivacious

Rick Blaine

DOUGLAS said:
...my avatar was taken by my daughter. She is pretty handy with a camera.

:eek:fftopic:

I'll say, I am a pro w/ over 20 yrs. in the business & that is one nice photo.
It is quite reminiscent of a famous Alfred Stieglitz photo taken in the park on Madison @ 23rd that is just opposite the Flatiron, lovely job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy