Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"New" Aero A-2 contract 38-1711-p

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I received this basically new Aero A-2 purchased from eBay this week. It was apparently wasting away in a closet in England. It is labeled as a size 48, although it feels a bit tight in both the armpits and across the shoulders, hopefully it will loosen up a bit with wear (and jumping jacks) The leather is russet horsehide with olive drab stitching, the construction appears top notch to my eyes. As always comments welcome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 2,658
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 873
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 569

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks great to me. It is my understanding that the A-2 is supposed to fit very snugly. My Aero A-2 Bronco in size 44L does.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Boyo Please!!!!! Stop flexin' and profilin' at the kids soccer game. Scaring all those Long Island moms and shaming all the other dads! You ought to be ashamed of yourself! LOL! In all honesty the jacket is sweet. You might feel it's "tight" in the shoulders and pits but that's the easiest area to "flex out" sometimes. Notice I said "sometimes" I think you look dangerous in that thing. The color's perfect and the fit's just right. Great score!

Worf

simonc

Practically Family
Boyo, you got a score there, seriously be happy, its terrific fit. Only thing I'd do is shower it, soak it, twist it, soak it again, wear it, do some stretches (don't stretch the arms ie bend) just body, trap pose, lat flex, and side stretches, and hang out to dry to break up the patina and to encourage a body-shape fit.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Boyo Please!!!!! Stop flexin' and profilin' at the kids soccer game. Scaring all those Long Island moms and shaming all the other dads! You ought to be ashamed of yourself! LOL! In all honesty the jacket is sweet.

LOL!

Great jacket. You certainly "scored".

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Top find! From the look of the collar, whoever bought that before you must have kept it in the wardrobe for the duration of their ownership! Wouldn't worry about the slight tightness, the overall fit looks spot-on, so it'll loosen up to fit you like a glove. I predict this one will become your 'go-to' jacket.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
I received this basically new Aero A-2 purchased from eBay this week. It was apparently wasting away in a closet in England. It is labeled as a size 48, although it feels a bit tight in both the armpits and across the shoulders, hopefully it will loosen up a bit with wear (and jumping jacks) The leather is russet horsehide with olive drab stitching, the construction appears top notch to my eyes. As always comments welcome

i thought i was the only one that wore a-2's to the kids soccer matches, cool.

Stand By

One Too Many
Great find, Boyo! You scored well, Sir.
I'd give up on the jumping jacks though - it looks perfect and needs no breaking in from where I'm sitting - so I'd say go to the pub with it and have a few pints of something tasty. Break it in that way, if you think it still needs it. Cheers! And enjoy the jacket.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
^^Gents, thanks for the kind words, I'm gonna do my best to break this one in (i'm sitting on it at my desk now).

Quick question, does Aero Leather Co, put any other identifying labels inside their A-2 jackets? this one was listed on ebay as an Aero, but only has the old style label at the inside collar, how would I know?

It looks and feels the part, and I have no reason not to trust the seller but....

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Aero usually have a label inside a pocket with the date of manufacture and machinists name. It isn't always there though. No other label on them. But that model has very high armholes and a high collar which identifies it. I got one from them once in my usual size and it had to go back as it was a better fit for a chimp with those arnholes.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
^^Gents, thanks for the kind words, I'm gonna do my best to break this one in (i'm sitting on it at my desk now).

Quick question, does Aero Leather Co, put any other identifying labels inside their A-2 jackets? this one was listed on ebay as an Aero, but only has the old style label at the inside collar, how would I know?

It looks and feels the part, and I have no reason not to trust the seller but....

Email a pic to Holly, I'm sure she or Ken will be able to identify it. I think they keep a good record of their previous labels ie the ace Rocker one they used on their red Cafe Racer

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Sloan, Im 99% Sure the jacket is as advertised, I am though, a bit surprised that there is not any other tags identifying the maker, either inside the pocket or another discreet location. Maybe Holly will come across this and respond, I won't waste AERO's time with a direct question..

Maybe in the end I'm better off not knowing :)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Boyo, you got a score there, seriously be happy, its terrific fit. Only thing I'd do is shower it, soak it, twist it, soak it again, wear it, do some stretches (don't stretch the arms ie bend) just body, trap pose, lat flex, and side stretches, and hang out to dry to break up the patina and to encourage a body-shape fit.

Simon, I'm going to take your advise and give the jacket a "shower" and wear it dry check back later for some action shots :)

(Slow Saturday for me)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
It hasn't rained on Long Island for about 6 weeks, so I thought instead of taking a walk in the rain I figured I would give my new A-2 a shower instead...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now it's time to stretch out those tight shoulders and armpits

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I wore the jacket dry, stretching and flexing the whole time.. It has certainly loosened up a lot, thanks for the tip FL

Last edited:

simonc

Practically Family
Good, and further to that Boyo, you can do it again, as Butte says in the shower, and I would, but use very hot water, as the heat breaks down the oils in the jacket which is the main objective here, you will smell them in the steam, and of course as you so brilliantly demonstrated with the bodybuilding pose-down these moves shape the jacket, just be careful to not throwing up a double bicep as the elbow area in the jacket is vulnerable to forming elbow shapes that last, ie it looks like you have a golfball in your elbow of your jacket if you stretch to hard while wet, but do this pose down straight away for a good ten mins, then wear it while wet for a while too with more cardio movements even press-ups. It's gonna look great.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou