Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero back designs

majormajor

One Too Many
As soon as the wintry weather clears, I will be making my first trip of the year up to Galashiels, and the new "20's" Half-belt in the one in my sights.

I don't think it is officially available just yet, but a few different pre-prod models have been spotted. Here are three different treatments of the back:

First, a single main back panel:

plainback.jpg

Then, a two panel back:

doubleback.jpg

And finally, a three panel back:

tripleback.jpg

I think the triple panels swing it for me:D;)

PS: NOTE : this isn't an advert .. a commercial ...... blah blah blah

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
In September they had one of those pre-production 1920s models in mid-weight horse with shoulder pads and inverted pleat in the back on their sale page. I think the yoke was shirred. It also had different button cuffs than the 1930s halfbelt and two breast pockets. Did anyone save the pics? IMO this was the best looking of all these recent 1920s Aero jackets.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I noticed the Insurrection 1920s two-tone is being sold with inverted pleats, so I think that may be the final model. I agree though, it was the nicest of the bunch. I also like the more tonally-matching dark brown and black panels that they seem to have arrived at.

majormajor

One Too Many
I noticed the Insurrection 1920s two-tone is being sold with inverted pleats, so I think that may be the final model. I agree though, it was the nicest of the bunch. I also like the more tonally-matching dark brown and black panels that they seem to have arrived at.

Ah yes, here it is:

3266135orig.jpg

8173828orig.jpg

Looks good:D;)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I agree though, it was the nicest of the bunch.

The first one was the nicest. I wonder why they didn't stick to it? At the time it said on the sale page that they were ready to produce it and that orders could be placed.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I'm not so keen on the first single-panel. I prefer the structured look. As far as I recall, the pleats are lined with brown HH.

majormajor

One Too Many
The fronts differ quite a bit too.

No top pockets on the Two-tone version:

twotone.jpg

but here with one piece front panels and a zipped pocket:

pocketfront.jpg

Decisions, decisions!!:eeek:;)

thor

Call Me a Cab
I like the first pic with a one-piece back. A nice, neat and clean workman style jacket. The pleated version reminds me of those bike jackets with the special zip-open vent panels (for air flow/ventilation).

majormajor

One Too Many
And here is one with both panels AND a zip pocket:

pluszip.jpg

I think I would prefer the zip pocket to be parallel to the panel seam....

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I do like the dipped front. From what I understand, and this is what I was told, the extra leather at the bottom was a status symbol of sorts during austerity times ie. more fabric, more expense.

majormajor

One Too Many
I do like the dipped front. From what I understand, and this is what I was told, the extra leather at the bottom was a status symbol of sorts during austerity times ie. more fabric, more expense.

Yeah, I heard that too. I just hope they don't up the price because of the extra bit of leather!:eeek:;)

Edward

Bartender
The first one was the nicest. I wonder why they didn't stick to it? At the time it said on the sale page that they were ready to produce it and that orders could be placed.

I suspect because there is no real difference between that one and the Thirties Halfbelt. Different fit, yes (I hear tell the 20s is even neater than the 30s), but no significant design differences. It would seem to me that if they're going to rationalise the product line, each model has to have its points of distinction from the others.

If I could find one into which I could fit, I'd be tempted by one of the third design in that light, 'natural' coloured leather (midweight horse, if memory serves) they did the 30s pattern in a year or two ago. The one they dubbed the Summer Halfbelt.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I suspect because there is no real difference between that one and the Thirties Halfbelt. Different fit, yes (I hear tell the 20s is even neater than the 30s), but no significant design differences. It would seem to me that if they're going to rationalise the product line, each model has to have its points of distinction from the others.

If I could find one into which I could fit, I'd be tempted by one of the third design in that light, 'natural' coloured leather (midweight horse, if memory serves) they did the 30s pattern in a year or two ago. The one they dubbed the Summer Halfbelt.

No, Edward, there were very distinct differences. The back had a very different design with the inverted pleat and the shirred yoke. There were light shoulder pads! The bottom front was like in the two tone jacket. THe cuffs looked completely different, it had two breast pockets and a curved pointed collar, not the standard shapeless Aero collar. This jacket was really something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou