Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Board Track Racing shirt in tumbled cordovan

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I'm not usually a fan of the "café racer" style jackets but that does look stunning Sloan. Hide and colour really suits it too.

But I'm with PL, you need a classic or classic inspired bike to go with that. Wearing a jacket like that is doing to invite a lot of "so what are you riding mate?" comments down at the pub ;)

So you'll have to fork out on a bike now, and some lessons if you haven't got your licence.

The hidden expenses of leather jacket ownership!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I understand that there's a school of thought that says biker style jackets are somehow limited to those who bike, and I'm happy to explain to anyone who asks that it's simply the case that I've always loved the Buco look, it's an entirely reasonable response:D. Personally, I don't think that a classic design of any type should be ghettoised to one niche pursuit. As it is, to me the Buco types have become far enough detached from their roots not to be limited to simply biker wear. It's a great minimalist design that still carries the original period style which takes it beyond mere fashion. That said, it's a look that's been co-opted by mainstream designers time and again, especially when stepping away from the traditional black - Armani etc are always screwing around with cream Cafe Racer types, I've even got one in my wardrobe - because, above all else, it's a very cool design.
*that said, if the Lounge is willing to have a whip round and buy me a Vincent Black Shadow, I will cave and learn to ride! :D

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I just viwed the pictures on my desktop rather than my IPhone and makes all the difference in the world. That is one killer jacket, and the grain of that HH really pops out in a very big way. Craig, for that BTR you need this BMW F800GS:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I appreciate it, Sloan. Thank you. :)

Jacket in question belonged to an ex of a friend of mine, who didn't really want it around anyway, and her being an animal lover, it was only a matter of reminding her of the fact that they're killing poor defenseless animals in order to make these horrible things. :D Excellent Hein Gericke cafe racer. Still have it, how much I like it.

And I'm married to a Hindu vegetarian.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Picked up jacket today, as stunning in real life as it is in the pics, the graining and colour are amazing, Julie's done a fantastic job putting it together. Will get proper fit pics done come the weekend, when I'm back home and the other half can do some decent shots, but it's on the nail - jacket is slim and very flattering, sleeves taper nicely down to the wrist. As I said before, it's a very cool, classic design.
@Monitor, the sleeve zips are the same size as the standard Cafe Racer's. Denny said that the longer appearance is probably down to the fact that it's an exposed zip ie you can see the tape and teeth ) and that's on the top of the sleeve rather than hidden in the seam.

Edward

Bartender
Really sharp looking - the colour is great. Assuming my monitor is correct, it's much darker than my Bootlegger - it'll be interesting to see how it ages in.

@Monitor, the sleeve zips are the same size as the standard Cafe Racer's. Denny said that the longer appearance is probably down to the fact that it's an exposed zip ie you can see the tape and teeth ) and that's on the top of the sleeve rather than hidden in the seam.

Huh, always seemed longer to me, on those promotional photos. But yeah, Danny's explanation makes sense. Also, seems that the zipper starts an inch above the end of the cuff. Thank you, Sloan! I really appreciate it! :)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Really sharp looking - the colour is great. Assuming my monitor is correct, it's much darker than my Bootlegger - it'll be interesting to see how it ages in.

Ta, sir. If my memory serves me, I think it is. The BTR is almost what I'd describe as black cherry. The lining's slightly less vivid than it looks in the pics though, which tones a little closer with the hide.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Right, here's a couple of shonky selfies to tide you over. It's midnight here, so the light's not v good, but you get an idea of the fit:

And a couple of lining and back shots:

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Looks like a spectular fit to me. Is that a satin lining? Have you ordered the BMW ride yet that I recommended? :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
It is absolutely spot on: you can just about see it there, but the shape is fantastic. Even though it's slim, I can still wear a sweatshirt underneath it, so it's good and flexible. You're absolutely right as well, Mr F, it's a satin lining right the way through, including sleeves, with leather pads in the arm pits to accommodate ventilation holes and, I guess, guard against excessive wear. The BMW is on the 'maybe' list...;)
Oh, and those are my umber Gustins I'm wearing there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy