Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aero Cafe Racer and Factory Visit

ando.thun

New in Town
Hello,
just returning from Scotland and a factory visit in Galashiels.

And now I'm in for a long waiting time....

Will took my measurements and showed me a lot of awesome stuff.
Especially a Highwayman in matt finish Kudu sparked my interest. If it had been my size I would have bought it right away.

But I got what I went there for and placed an order.

Please let me know what you think about the specs:

Cafe Racer
smooth ant thick black Steerhide
two handwarmer pockets
two inside G-style pockets with inversed Zippers (Fly at the bottom when closed)
black cotton drill lining
antique brass hardware
dirtrider collar with removable flap

Pictures will be posted as soon as the jacket arrives.

Get the satin or sateen or whatever it's called lining in the sleeves. I am going to tell everyone this who orders an Aero lol
Fun place, isn't it (Aero).

too much coffee

Practically Family
Hello ando.thun......just a comment about the inside pockets. If you mean to have G-1 style pockets (opening runs vertical to the ground versus a usual opening running parallel to the ground when jacket is worn), I would ask you to rethink this. A usual G-1 pocket has a snap centered on the pocket opening. You're talking about a zippered closure with the pull tab or slider (fly?) at the bottom when closed.

Years ago I had the same arrangement you are contemplating on a BMW leather riding jacket, only having the one vertical zippered pocket. While riding it was very frustrating trying to unzipper that pocket. I always thought it would be easier to open if the zipper pull tab was in the up position when closed. Closing it one handed was no problem. I usually just left the zipper open when riding because of the frustration.

If you ride, you might want to consider having one interior pocket with a snap either vertical or horizontal opening instad of a zipper.

Regards,
coffee

Last edited:
I had dual G1 pockets with zips in a riding jacket. Just that can be a PIA. Actually..the way the inside G1 type pockets are usually situated..I don't think even snaps are actually needed(although all my Aeros have them). Don't see how anything could actually fall out...unless you stood on your head..or go tumbling down the highway. Luckily...I've never done that in all my years of riding.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot