Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Aeroleather LHB just arrived!

Parkpiper

New in Town
Andy,

Your LHB is awesome! I was pretty sure that was the style I wanted to go with and your photos have helped seal the deal! Now all I have to do is find a way to finance it. From reading around on FL it looks like the day you order and the day you pay are different. That would actually help me out as I would like to place my order now so I will have it for the fall/winter. Just gotta finalize my mearsurements and what I actually want.

I just have one question about the pockets in the front. The standard jacket comes with one chest pocket and four lower pockets. I can not remember seeing a jacket before that has the handwarmer pockets off set (diagonal) from the other pockets. Are the pockets constructed that way so it is easier to get your hands in? Do you think that if you had them place the openings for the hand warmer pockets vertical that it would make it harderto get your hands in?

Thanks again for all the great info and photos!
Adam

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Adam,
Sorry not replying any sooner as I was out of the country...
My LHB is more or less standard execpt from a few mods.
The four (lower) outer pockets are standard. So, the handwarmer pockets are diagonally placed. If you want any alterations, just call of email Aero and they will be of help.
Thanks for your kind words.
Andy

Parkpiper

New in Town
Thanks for the info. I had my heart set on a LHB but I actually stumbled onto a sale Aero Hercules in my size on ebay. I few clicks later and here I am the new owner of a FQHH Hercules. Hopefully it will be waiting for me on Monday so I will let you know how it turns out. I have to post a few more replies before I can post some photos so stand by!

Adam

Parkpiper

New in Town
It already stopped by and I am working on getting some photos ready today. I have to read up on how to post photos so I should have some ready to go pretty soon!

My first impression was that the box felt a little light from what I was expecting. People are always talking about how heavy the HH jackets are and I was expecting to be shocked by the weight of the box. This was all put to rest once I opened it up. The jacket smells and feels just like how it is described! I have been wearing it inside the house (the past week has been right around 100 degrees here!) trying to get the feel of it. Once I get the photos working I will post a full review.

Adam

Parkpiper

New in Town
Not enough posts to add photos!

Tried to start a new thread with photos of my new Hercules but I have to post a few more times before I am allowed!

53Effie

A-List Customer
Lining

Hi Andy. Is that the B-10 type green gabardine that your LHB is lined with? What is your impression of that lining after some experience wearing it? I take it that both body and sleeves are lined with this material. I am looking at ordering another Aero currently and I am leaning toward this lining. I think it is the one that Jan Solo often recommends if I am not mistaken. Thanks.

Mike

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Beautiful LHB. I've had mine over a year now and it just keeps getting better. Your latest pic is great.. the jacket is breaking in nicely.

Tommer

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I know this is an old thread, but I still want to comment that that is a nice jacket!

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

IMG00001.jpg

IMG00003.jpg

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Two hours ago my new Aeroleather Long Half Belt arrived! The order was placed on oct 5th 2009 and Amanda promised me I would have it before Christmas! So here it is: A size 42 brown FQHH, green lining (thanks to jan Solo for this idea :eusa_clap ), two vertical inner pockets, storm cuffs (yes, I like them) and a 3" leather inner panel on lower interior. Still very stiff, can't wait to wear it tomorrow. Here are some pictures. I will place more pics this week, when wearing it.
IMG00018.jpg

IMG00016.jpg

..is the length from the Body original or custom? I order a LBH and hope Aero make this lenght

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi Unwissender,
Thanks for the nice comment of the LHB.
Unfortunately I do not have the LHB anymore. Though it was a great jacket it had to go for I was not wearing it too much.
The size was 42 and back length was standard.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Cheers,
Andy

Unwissender

One of the Regulars
Hi Andy,

thank you very much for the Post! That very helped me!! This length is exactly what I want
I am uncertain about the length. Your sale your LBH????? Why?

Cheers
Unwissender

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael