Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New and waiting

Capt. Winters

New in Town
Howdy folks! I'm new here at Fedora Lounge. I've been a frequent guest (and member) at COW for some years, but since I'm now waiting for my first A2 jacket (Mc Coy's) I felt that I needed to join here as well.

BTW, what are you experts thoughts of the Mc Coy A2 jacket? I ordered a Dubow in seal.

See ya!

Capt. Winters

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Greetings Winters!

Good to have you on board, and don't forget to visit us at the WWII branch of the forum.
Re: the RMNZ A-2, a couple of the boys at VLJ-III (vintage flight jacket buffs) have just been discussing the merits of the Dubow, as I believe Jake (who is a member here too/ lots of cross pollination between these sites!) has just grabbed one.
Take a look anyway and when you get it, be sure to post lots of pics (preferably wearing it, as it always displays better that way).
http://cornellsurgery.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/
Enjoy your time with us at FL.

See pic below of a size 40 RMNZ Dubow that one of the boys has.
Dubow.jpg

jake431

Practically Family
Paddy,

I am awaiting an Aero 1940 contract in russet. I'll post pics when I get the jacket.

It's not my first A-2, but it's my first A-2 since I've figured out (or at least I think I have) my "fit. It's a strange hobby, these jackets, and I think it takes a while to learn how to interpret fits of jackets.

But I've learned now, and I am pretty sure this jacket is going to be just what I want.

-Jake

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Capt, Gotta seal Dubow made from their drum rolled horse. Don't know if you can get that hide anymore. I love mine.
frontLOW.jpg
backLOW.jpg

Crown1low.jpg

pocket1low.jpg

I also bought a NOS Crown Zipper from MASH and had it installed when RMNZ made the jacket. Great choice. You are going to love it.

Capt. Winters

New in Town
That's a great site Paddy. Can't believe I've missed it until now. Thought I had read everything there was about these jackets on the web! Can't wait to wear my jacket. Here in southern Sweden it's soon perfect weather for a leather jacket and I think I will be preatty alone with a RMC A2 jacket :) I had a long discussion with Paddy at McCoy's about the size. I ended up with a size 42 and I pray it fits me as it's non returnable since I got it at a discounted price. Can't wait..........

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Captain, how did you get the jacket at a discounted price? Is it a factory second? I've heard that RMNZ occasionally has them available.

Capt. Winters

New in Town
Yes it's a second. A little thing with the zipper. Paddy assured me that I wouldn't even see it as I am no expert, but it's there so the the price was lowered a bit.

Capt. Winters

New in Town
I just hope that it fits me. Otherwise I will sell it on. Don't know where though, but I guess E'bay is the right place to sell the jacket. Or??

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Capt. If it doesn't fit the good thing about RMNZ jackets is they fetch a decent price on e-bay. Their standard jackets are made for the Japanesse market so they usually are a couple sizes small even WWII sizing and the sleeves are usually a little long. I wear a 48 in some originals and a 50 in others depending on the maker and my Dubow would be a 54 in RMNZ sizing. It was a custom jacket. If you send good measurements Paddy can usually put you in a jacket that fits.

Capt. Winters

New in Town
I got the Dubow yesterday! It's awesome. It's my first ever A2 jacket and I love it already. It got that snug 1940's miltary fit that I like. I will post some pics when I find my memory card to the camera :)

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
I need to post pics of my FS historical A2. It's adorned with patches, so I don't wear it often. (not to mention it's summer time right now)

Anyone have a Cable Raincoat Aero?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner