Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Blog Design

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
I just updated my personal blog design to reflect a very retro, very pulpy attitude, and I think that many of you would appreciate the look of it!

That being said, it only took me a couple days here on the Lounge to realize that I don't share many of your political and religious beliefs, so take this as a warning that if you decide to stick around there further than a glance at the design, you might not enjoy yourselves too much. It's my personal site, so it reflects my personal opinions. This isn't intended to poke anyone -- just thought you might enjoy the look of the place. Take that for what it's worth!

http://nineteenthirtynine.net

yachtsilverswan

Familiar Face
A very cool retro, deco look. Can I ask where you found the RADIO-GRAM header for your posts? I really like that font, style, and layout - and would like to use it for fake telegrams my guests receive aboard my boat.

TheRetropolitan

New in Town
I made that m'self. I'm pretty sure the main font was Savings Bond, and the script was Alako-Bold. I don't remember the exact name of the site that I found the fonts on, but it was something like 1001freefonts.com. Something of that nature -- a google search would probably get you there.

Oh, and there was some alteration in Illustrator.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I don't get blogs....but yours has the best layout of the ones I have seen. As far as politics go....it runs the gamet here...so of course if you have ANY take on politics, you will find someone who doesn't agree. The main point here is that we can disagree with ideas and views and still respect the member.

P.S.

You might want to chack out our big NYC event.

CWetherby

One of the Regulars
TheRetropolitan said:
I just updated my personal blog design to reflect a very retro, very pulpy attitude, and I think that many of you would appreciate the look of it!

That being said, it only took me a couple days here on the Lounge to realize that I don't share many of your political and religious beliefs, so take this as a warning that if you decide to stick around there further than a glance at the design, you might not enjoy yourselves too much. It's my personal site, so it reflects my personal opinions. This isn't intended to poke anyone -- just thought you might enjoy the look of the place. Take that for what it's worth!

http://nineteenthirtynine.net

I loved the style of your blog! As with most blogs I've seen, it seems overwhelming in its sheer bulk of things to read, but then I think I have a short attention span for reading things online. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my cat sitting on the keyboard, trying to get at the window to harass a bird on the birdfeeder.... But anyway, I thought your blog was wonderfully creative! Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters