Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New chase fedora

Engr-Chas

Familiar Face
Hey Big Heads...

Did you know that Art has a new tool that he purchased in Seattle that will shrink your head? It is called the "Immense Cranium Reducer" (ICR). It takes a little steam and pressure (Aspirin optional) and your melon will be shrunk down to a "manageable" size in no time.

Charles

Re: Hey Big Heads...

Originally posted by Engr-Chas
Did you know that Art has a new tool that he purchased in Seattle that will shrink your head? It is called the "Immense Cranium Reducer" (ICR). It takes a little steam and pressure (Aspirin optional) and your melon will be shrunk down to a "manageable" size in no time.

Sounds tempting but I have to use the brains in there to make a living. LOL

Regards to all,

J

schwammy

Familiar Face
I shall when I get the chance. Yeah, the hat did need some brushing. I used a clothes brush, which I'm not sure is the best thing to use. I heard once you should brush counter-clockwise, but I don't know if this is true. Even though the brim is raw-edged, it has two rows of stitching around the outside. The brim is nice and firm, but the crown is very, very soft and malleable. There is a sort of line of 'petrified' felt at the point where, apparently, the front bash was for many years. Not sure if that can be softened up. Anybody know anything about hats here? :rolleyes:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
"Anybody know anything about hats here?"

Not alot Schwammy, but I do know that you are correct in brushing the hat in counter clockwise direction. Petrified felt??? try putting it over a boiling pot of water for just a few seconds and working the felt at the "petrified" spot. It should improve.
Enjoy!!
BTW...GREAT price!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy