Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new custom Aero Halfbelt

skippymchaggis

New in Town
After what turned into a much longer than expected wait, my new Aero is finally here. I have to say, it's awesome.

Ordered January 5th thru Mark, and arrived today, May 18th.

Custom Aero Halfbelt:

Size 46 with an inch off the sleeves (Aero's suggestion), Black FQHH, two interior snap pockets, black drill lining, no storm cuffs. Bi-swing back from the Long Halfbelt.

IMG_1316c.jpg

IMG_1319c.jpg

IMG_1322c.jpg

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Very nice and very Clean. I am currently waiting on a Herc. It is going to Summer for a long time here in Texas, so I am not in any hurry.

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
McHaggis? That Sor,...is one great looking jacket. Mark asked for my mailing address this evening so my Highwayman is nigh here. It's a 46 with the sleeves shortened an inch as well.

Purely it seems, for the reason of torturing myself to no end, I have a question...I've been worried about the fit since day one. Might I ask your height and weight? I know the fit of the HYM and HB are somewhat different but it should give me an idea. Or an additional reason to fret for two more weeks...

The sleeve length looks proper on your HB. That was perhaps my main concern. I remember we kept the bodylength a stock 46. It's the sleeve length that bothers me most. I'm *gulp* 5'9" and 210. The square fit of the HYM should accomodate the body easily enough but I fear for the sleeves. J. Notoes

skippymchaggis

New in Town
Johnnynotoes said:
McHaggis? That Sor,...is one great looking jacket. Mark asked for my mailing address this evening so my Highwayman is nigh here. It's a 46 with the sleeves shortened an inch as well.

Purely it seems, for the reason of torturing myself to no end, I have a question...I've been worried about the fit since day one. Might I ask your height and weight? I know the fit of the HYM and HB are somewhat different but it should give me an idea. Or an additional reason to fret for two more weeks...

The sleeve length looks proper on your HB. That was perhaps my main concern. I remember we kept the bodylength a stock 46. It's the sleeve length that bothers me most. I'm *gulp* 5'9" and 210. The square fit of the HYM should accomodate the body easily enough but I fear for the sleeves. J. Notoes

Mister Notoes,

I think you'll be happy with the fit you get. I'm 5'9 and about 210 as well. I had the same worries as you when they told me they wanted to shorten the sleeves. But as you can see, the sleeves are a very good length.

If it helps you get a better idea, I wear an 18-34 dress shirt from Brooks Brothers. (My sleeve length on custom shirts would 33.5, based on my tailor's measurements. I told Aero both pieces of information.)

You'll have to post a couple picks of your Highwayman when you get it. I'm really thinking about getting something in brown, and the Highwayman is on my short list. I'm curious how it'll look on someone with a similar frame to mine. I chose the HB because I'm closer to rectangular in shape than a V (I'm told I have broad shoulders but a long torso by my wife), and wanted the higher cinches and belt to get a more V shaped profile/silhouette.

Johnnynotoes

Familiar Face
Thanks for the info McHaggis...I'm somewhat relieved. Heh...I'll be fully relieved when it's sitting proper on my back. Shouldn't be long now. Not sure on Marks shipping method but I'm figuring a couple of weeks.

I'll certainly post some pics for your reference. FQHH standard brown with no customization. Only thing I may have ordered in hindsight was an exclusion of the storm cuff. Figured the wool Stewart lining wouldn't need any help keeping the heat in. I really dig the back of your HB though. T'was a toss-up between the 1/2 belt and the Highwayman. The Cossack was in the mix for a while there as well. Does Aero make anything that HASN'T bloody great style?? Rare jackets for rare ol' times. Thanks again. J.

Edward

Bartender
Looks great - nice to see one in black. I eventually want to have a black Aero, either a half belt or possibly one of the 30s style bike jackets (the one that is their Grizzly minus thed fur, blanking on the model name just now); nice to see what the Aero black leather looks like, as most of the jackets I see are brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24