Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New custom fedora

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eric P said:
Just picked up from D bar J (http://dbarjhats.net/) here in Las Vegas. You exceeded my expectations. It is rabbit felt, Sahara in color. Perfect for the Nevada desert. Thanks Dave at D bar J hats, and Mr. JWalls (http://shelbysfinefedoras.com/) for your help. :)

Very nice job. I'm a fan of the ribbon size you selected also. What is the brim size, out of curiosity?

danofarlington

Eric P said:
Brim 2 3/4, crown open 5 1/2, ribbon 1 1/16? (ribbon measurement done with pocket measuring tape).
No wonder I like it! 2 3/4 is in my strike zone for best hats. I see many with 2 1/2 or less that are good-looking, but I know they wouldn't work on me.

Tone

A-List Customer
WOW. Some hats just get "nice hat" while others immediately get requests for specs. ;) You'd be amazed at where else those specs will pop up now.

Either way, that's a sharp looking fed, Eric! Thanks for the heads up on yet another custom hatter.

Neophyte

That inside liner is the most intoxicating color I've ever seen. I think I touched my computer screen with the outer surface of my eyeball!
Very, very nice hat, and congrats!!!

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
That is indeed gorgeous, and I too love the liner. Its funny how something unseen by many really makes the item for the owner. Just like the lining of a fine suit or a custom pair of shoes. Its the unseen areas of quality I really like.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
If you haven't taken the time yet, visit D bar J website and watch the "Making a custom cowboy hat" video. They have some really nice vintage equipment!

BTW, I have a D bar J cowboy hat and the quality is excellent. I didn't get the girl in the liner though.

Neophyte

I wish I could afford one of Shelby's Fine Fedoras, but they are some of the most expensive hats I've seen despite all my research for the past several months.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
dwebber18 said:
Its funny how something unseen by many really makes the item for the owner. Just like the lining of a fine suit or a custom pair of shoes. Its the unseen areas of quality I really like.

Real quality permeates both design and any and all materials used to make any given object. Real quality is not a facade. It is found by looking behind and under and inside things too. Quality goes beyond surfaces to touch all the senses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran