Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy here!

sinawalli

New in Town
Hi!
I was searching for a decent A2 jacket, but didn't want to break the bank! I ended up ordering a US Authentic A2 in seal brown horse hide. I was looking at a Orvis Spirit of Flight, but didn't want to spend $300 on something that is "imported"!! It was my research here that led me to my decision. Don't have the jacket yet, but it is in the mail!! Also looked at US Wings, but they were really slow in answering my emails, where Mr Drover pretty much ansered all my question ASAP! Sounds like good customer service to me!!:) Just didn't want to end up spending lots of cash on a paper thin jacket! Can't wait to get it!! Still lots of winter left here in Alberta, Canada!! Thanks!!

sixties.nut

Hey there New Guy!

Welcome and let us know how you make out with the new jacket! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I bet you've been following USAAFAcePilot's topic here recently. ;)

sixties!

Fiver64

Practically Family
Welcome!

I'll be interested in seeing pics we you get it. As Sixtie's said, this topic was recently discussed at great length! Can't find a better website for advice though! Welcome aboard!

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Welcome, U.S. vs. foreign made

Welcome, you'll find stuff made from all over the world here. I for one like to buy U.S. but won't hesitate to consider the finest from abroad.
Welcome.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Yes indeed. Pics will be nice once you get the jacket. Load your photos to a host such as photobucket. Then copy and paste the IMG code for the photobucket image to your Lounge listing. That way your pics will appear in the thread for all to see. Welcome to the Lounge! ;)

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
I would have thought that US Authentic were a good way to go if you want an A2 without spending too much. Original A2's were not always the thickest of hides but wanting a thicker leather is understandable. My Eastman A2 isn't really thick but is a beautiful leather and is warm most of the time.

You won't get a dead accurate reproduction A2 compared to Eastman, Aero, Good Wear etc but from what I've read here, US Authentic are held in good regard. Reviewing your jacket will give others information to make their choice too.

sinawalli

New in Town
Thanks!!
When i decided to go with a A2, it was strictly because I liked the look. Don't really care if it's a accurate repro or not, just want a decent leather jacket in that style! Will post pics when I get it!! Thanks again!!:)

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
welcome...good choice

welcome to thefanaticlounge...and i am of course one of the most fanatic...

you say you didn't care if the jacket you got was an accurate replica, but over time i think you will, and be very happy you got a high quality proper A-2...true us authentic is not a repro of a specific model that was made during ww2, but it is proper in all construction and element respects, and i hear nothing but good things said about them, so i think you did well

orvis on the other hand is really a civilian purveyor...fine, but not fine for those of us fanatiques on the fedlounge...plus, imported is NOT acceptable!

some may consider eastman and aero imported jackets, i heartily disagree...these are proper repros made to the highest standards in foreign countries, yes. that is something quite different than a u.s. manufacturer outsourcing a generic 'A-2' to another country NOT to increase quality and workmanship, but rather to cut the price. my contention is that if it's a u.s. manufacturer, it better d@mn well be made in the u.s....aero and eastman have shown the utmost respect for their product, and make u.s. repro military jackets to the most exacting standards, and just happen to be located in other countries...they are not outsourcers trying to cut prices

so good choice...you certainly belong here on the fanatixlounge...with the rest of us

kyboots

Practically Family
A2 jacket

sinawalli said:
Hi!
I was searching for a decent A2 jacket, but didn't want to break the bank! I ended up ordering a US Authentic A2 in seal brown horse hide. I was looking at a Orvis Spirit of Flight, but didn't want to spend $300 on something that is "imported"!! It was my research here that led me to my decision. Don't have the jacket yet, but it is in the mail!! Also looked at US Wings, but they were really slow in answering my emails, where Mr Drover pretty much ansered all my question ASAP! Sounds like good customer service to me!!:) Just didn't want to end up spending lots of cash on a paper thin jacket! Can't wait to get it!! Still lots of winter left here in Alberta, Canada!! Thanks!!
Did you ever receive this jacket? I sure would like to see. Wow they also talk to you here!

sinawalli

New in Town
johnnyjohnny said:
welcome to thefanaticlounge...and i am of course one of the most fanatic...

you say you didn't care if the jacket you got was an accurate replica, but over time i think you will, and be very happy you got a high quality proper A-2...true us authentic is not a repro of a specific model that was made during ww2, but it is proper in all construction and element respects, and i hear nothing but good things said about them, so i think you did well

orvis on the other hand is really a civilian purveyor...fine, but not fine for those of us fanatiques on the fedlounge...plus, imported is NOT acceptable!

some may consider eastman and aero imported jackets, i heartily disagree...these are proper repros made to the highest standards in foreign countries, yes. that is something quite different than a u.s. manufacturer outsourcing a generic 'A-2' to another country NOT to increase quality and workmanship, but rather to cut the price. my contention is that if it's a u.s. manufacturer, it better d@mn well be made in the u.s....aero and eastman have shown the utmost respect for their product, and make u.s. repro military jackets to the most exacting standards, and just happen to be located in other countries...they are not outsourcers trying to cut prices

so good choice...you certainly belong here on the fanatixlounge...with the rest of us

Actually, it was your posts regarding US Wings, that swayed me to look elsewhere to US Authentic!! Saw the Aeros, Lost Worlds etc, but they were WAAAAY over my price range! There is a nice looking Schott on Ebay, that I was seriously considering, but the seller said the previous owner was a smoker, and it smelled like cigarette smoke:( :( . I hate cigarette smoke!:rage:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany