Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hats!

deelovely

Practically Family
I got 2 of my recent wins from Ebay today! The first is the Borsalino...I have no idea how old it is, it says Mascotte on the sweat and the liner is yellowed. It is so soft, it is difficult to crease it without it just folding up!

PA120021.jpg

And this is the Stetson, that was listed as a Royal DeLuxe, The Black Fancy, but is actually "The Black Lancer"... It has a crease across the top like those English Optimo Panamas. Under the sweatband there is a sticker that says "Boston, 13.95" that looks like an old price sticker. I swiped Indycops feather that came with his Jaxon Monk because I really liked it;) and added it to this!

PA120024.jpg

PA120028.jpg

PA120003.jpg

PA120007.jpg

fatwoul

Practically Family
Surprised nobody else has commented here. They both look nice, Dee. I especially like the second one on you. Not sure exactly why, cos the very wide ribbon seems to be something that would not suit you, but for some reason it does work well.

Good finds.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
deelovely, Careful, that Borsalino with the delicate felt will spoil you. I have a brown one, and it's indescribably great. The Stetson has a look I've been pondering lately. At the height of the fedora age, many were worn WITHOUT a tight front pinch or side dents. (The crown has less taper, when worn that way.) Both hats look good on that super-model in the photos!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

deelovely

Practically Family
fatwoul said:
Surprised nobody else has commented here. They both look nice, Dee. I especially like the second one on you. Not sure exactly why, cos the very wide ribbon seems to be something that would not suit you, but for some reason it does work well.

Good finds.
I got a brown one just like it today in the mail! Yippee!! It is not in as good of shape as this one but I can work on that...:D

deelovely

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
deelovely, Careful, that Borsalino with the delicate felt will spoil you. I have a brown one, and it's indescribably great. The Stetson has a look I've been pondering lately. At the height of the fedora age, many were worn WITHOUT a tight front pinch or side dents. (The crown has less taper, when worn that way.) Both hats look good on that super-model in the photos!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Awww thanks JT! I am thinking of sending the Borsalino to Art and having him fix it up for me...:D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
deelovely said:
I got 2 of my recent wins from Ebay today! The first is the Borsalino...I have no idea how old it is, it says Mascotte on the sweat and the liner is yellowed. It is so soft, it is difficult to crease it without it just folding up!

And this is the Stetson, that was listed as a Royal DeLuxe, The Black Fancy, but is actually "The Black Lancer"... It has a crease across the top like those English Optimo Panamas. Under the sweatband there is a sticker that says "Boston, 13.95" that looks like an old price sticker. I swiped Indycops feather that came with his Jaxon Monk because I really liked it;) and added it to this!

PA120024.jpg

PA120028.jpg

Has anyone else heard of the Stetson "Black Lancer"? I found one today, complete with a metal hatpin of a knight on a horse, with a lance.

Kind of cool

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Very, very nice deelovely! I like the crown/brim sizes, they look great on you. :)

Oh...old thread I see. Still...looks great., That's my story and stickin' with it.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
She DOES look good in it. While I thought it looked a little unusual, I'm surprised it's so rare - this post was the only reference I could find for it anwhere on the internet.

Chuck Bobuck said:
Very, very nice deelovely! I like the crown/brim sizes, they look great on you. :)

Oh...old thread I see. Still...looks great., That's my story and stickin' with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael