Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New House Rule. Please Read

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ain't this the truth!

533916_641791572516966_708453573_n.jpg

Dixon Cannon

Man, that seems to be the creed of most modern-day folks! I invited my brother-in-law over to watch some DVD's. Looked over in the middle of the movie and he was "fiddling with his cell phone"! It is an obsession with some people!

-dixon cannon

Foxer55

A-List Customer
LOL! I was at a meeting, several in fact, a few years ago in Florida with a lot of high ranking military officers and government staff in suits. During breaks I would go outside and here were ALL these guys on this big patio in front of the building. The sun was shining on them on that side of the building all day long and they would all stand there, almost in formation, staring at their Blackberrys. It was really funny to see this. Just staring at their Blackberrys like they were all communing with a mothership or someting. Or like the angels in City of Angels on the beach facing the rising sun in the morning.

Stray Cat

Cell phone fiddling has become the cigarette of the 21st century.
True. So very true!
(that does make this new generation healthier.. well, the air's better at least) :D
Hey kids, here's an idea: maybe you should all just pick up knitting again? Embroidery? Sewing? Crafting?
(All of the above!) :D
That'll keep your finger busy, AND make something useful. Because, all that excessive use of cell phone is making are sore thumbs (..and a large bill at the end of the month!) :brick:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This is so correct. I have six cell phones on my phone plan, two are my personal use phones. I turn them both OFF when I am not calling anyone. I will check them a few times a day for voicemail. One phone is for business and the other is for family/friends. At times people will complain to me why do I have my phone off? I tell them simply I desire to do so, as life is not being stuck with a "doo dad" stuck to my ear. If pay phones would still be plentiful, I would not own any cell phones. Calling cards were much cheaper and dependable.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Me too, Lily! I am also on Emma's side! How annoying to be chastised for not being modern enough because you enjoy the tactile experience of paper.

Stray Cat

It's not just the cellphone-user that's irritating (when it rings while you're talking, and they tell you "Sorry, I have to get this one".. instantly giving you the hint you're less important).. it's the bluetooth-headset-user:

12313_23070942439.jpg

Those folk just show you the finger

index-finger-t14135.jpg

meaning:
"Shut it, you technologically handicapped human, I'm talking here"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've had people in the ticket line get up to the window, and rather than tell me what they want they stand there yapping into their phone or their earpiece or whatever, holding up the rest of the line so they can jabber about their personal crap. I tell them to step to the back of the line and take care of their business, and let the rest of the people thru. When they're ready to give me their full attention, I'll sell them a ticket.

The only way this kind of stuff will be eliminated is if people take a firm stand against it. Someone wants something from you but won't stop chattering into their devices and give you their attention? Ignore them -- completely -- until they do. Walk away from them. Don't worry about being rude, they're the ones who are being rude to you, and they'll think they can get away with it if you let them. They need to be put in their place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner