Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New L.L. Bean "Signature" Line

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I've been following the development of this line for quite a while. It's nice to see some slimmer cuts and a bit more style, while staying true to the Bean look. The prices are pretty good too.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I like a lot of the women's stuff. The oxford printed wrap skirt is quite nice.

Items in any "knits and tees" collection will always be ordinary.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I like a lot of the women's stuff. The oxford printed wrap skirt is quite nice.

Items in any "knits and tees" collection will always be ordinary.

I don't mind "ordinary." I was looking for it to be more tailored. For example, the knits & tees and Anthropologie and Kohl's.

But I am glad you like what you see. Will you buy anything from the catalog? :)

Javelina

New in Town
I received the medium canvas duffel in dark blue in the mail today. I'm happy with it. Worth the $64 + shipping. It's going to be my new carry on. Temporarily replacing my German alpine rucksack.

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
I've been quite excited during the lead-up to their unveiling, but admit I was UNDERwhelmed once I saw the collection. A few nice items, but not overly impressed. Very similar to J Crew, which I'm a fan of, but nothing that sets it apart.
I sent a letter to Orvis, complaining about the fit of their clothing, and referenced LL Bean Signature, saying they should get in on the action. There are plenty of slimmer outdoorspeople(or fashion conscious folks) out there that like these types of clothes, but would never buy it because of the 'potato sack' fit.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
PrettySquareGal said:
I just noticed something: why are all of the models leaning to one side? Is this the pose of hipster youth?? :)

Thats just standard model pose. Its an illusion to show the 'curve' of the body, but these women dont really have many and if they stood straight the clothes would really look frumpy :)
Case and point...

LD

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
This forum is dangerous

I just ordered this to go under my vintage overalls. I'll let you all know how it looks when it gets here.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I have to agree with Zanzibarstar: They're trying really hard to be more youthful and fashion conscious, à la J. Crew, but they've missed the mark. I was so unimpressed, I didn't even bother to looks at the prices.

Has anyone checked out Martin+Osa recently? I have yet to buy anything from American Eagle's older, more sophisticated brother.

surdanis

New in Town
Limited selection. However, there are a few neat items. Nice selection of madras shirts. I mean real madras--as in actual fabric. Not that trash that other vendors try to pawn off as madras, but more like Gant. So I ordered one. I'll let you know how it is on Monday.

JoeNiblick

One of the Regulars
I guess on the upside, LL Bean is known for pretty good service and reasonable quality. So if you found something you'd like, it'll probably be a good experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner