Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Rosie

One Too Many
Wow, Thanks!

mandolynn said:
If you dress in vintage wear while you teach, that makes you fifty kinds of awesome.

Actually I do most of the time. On the days I don't wear vintage repro, my "modern" clothes are still very vintage-y, polished looking. The older teachers of course love it since most of the younger teachers literally wear jeans, sneakers and t shirts to work. Also, my students LOVE it. I teach in a public school where the children are supposed to wear uniform and my class has one of the highest rates of children wearing their full uniform, everyone says it's because of the way I dress. I guess I'm a role model wardrobe wise. :eek:

Mrs. MK

New in Town
Mrs. MK Finally Joins TFL!

I have been watching my husband on the computer every day, and whenever he's not at the computer he's got the Fedora Lounge up on his PDA. If you can't beat them, join them. Now that I'm on we're fighting over the computer. It's really fun to have some people to chat with. I am a stay-at-home mom with two kids, 3 and 5. I love the music from the 30's and 40's, and my dream is to sing some of these songs with a big band. I love art, home decor, reading, music, the outdoors, spending time with family and friends.

Hello, everyone. I look forward to chatting with you!

Sincerely,
Mrs. MK

PicklePod05

New in Town
I didn't realize this thread was around before I posted either lol. My boyfriend actually came across this site around July or August of last year, and I just registered a couple days ago, when looking for help on styles I could do with my hair, it being much longer than what you would find in the era. So far, I've gotten lots of very good and very helpful suggestions :) I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better, and learning more about the styles of the 40's and 50's :)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
you'll find that there's quite a few ladies in here who are quite knowledgable in a variety of topics....looking foward to getting to know you too!:D

Chantilly Lace

New in Town
Me too, me too! I came across this site while doing a search for my boyfriend. He has suddenly found and interest in fedoras and I've always loved the glamour and mystique of the ladies of the 40's and 50's. I'm very new to all of this, so I don't think I'll have all that much to post. However, I can tell already that I have plenty to read and learn! I am currently a stay-at-home mom to my 9 month old daughter.:)

PicklePod05

New in Town
When I'm not doing anything, it takes up a lot of my time, because there is so much to read and learn here. I'm going to start getting some things for my daughter, but since she's only 5 months, she's a little wiggley, and makes it quite hard toget her measurements :)

KAT

A-List Customer
;) Hey there!
it was about time i introduce myself!
Sorry it took me a while![huh]
Im a 24 year old german girl. I moved to Oceanside CA in June 2005.
Right now Im in Germany again cause i have to organize some things.
I also enjoy my german culture right now. I keep going to our museums around here and travel across Europe.
Well i kinda ended here, cause i helped somebody to sign up .Kinda funny story!
Anyways..now im here and im actually glad i found this place. Its great to have other people to chat with , since it was always difficult to find people in Germany with same interests.
Well my name here is KAT. My real name is Katharina, but most people in the US call me Kathy or Kat. So feel free to call me the name you want me to call;)
Oh and my english sucks right now...i think im getting my german accent back lol
see ya around
KATHY

Chantilly Lace

New in Town
Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to know that it's okay to be new at liking things of old. I used to spend a lot of time reading "mommy" message boards but there's only so much of that one can stand! ;)

PicklePod05

New in Town
I know what you mean. They're very helpful, but you can only read them so often, cuz it's usually the same discussions and qustions :p The people here are pretty fun, from what I've seen, and lots of different subjects, not just on past eras. I think I saw a thread on diapers in The Observation Bar... lol

Amapola

Familiar Face
Another new gal

Hello! I am very new around here as well. I just saw this thread and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Carrie, and I am married to "Cabinetman" who has been around the Fedora Lounge a while. We both love to sing the standards, with the 30's and 40's being our favorites. We have a combo and perform from time to time. Singing the songs is where my interest in 40's fashion and hair started. In real life, we have an 8 1/2 year old daughter (the 1/2 is very important to her!) and a lovely bulldog, Mugsy. I work part-time as a wound, ostomy, continence nurse, and part-time in the office or in the shop for Nathan's cabinet business. We live in Central Illinois (sadly, far, far away from any vintage shops!)

I posted some hair pictures on the hair thread, with a couple questions maybe some of you could help me with.

I've enjoyed reading the posts so far. I'm sure I'll be around more in the future!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
It's good to see some new faces here! Welcome.

Kat, if you ever wanna practice English let me know and I can practice some German. I had 4 years of it about 10-12 years ago and need to brush up a bit. Ich liebe Deutshland und habe da in 1988 und 1991 gegehen. (Told you I was a bit rusty.)

Carolie

Hey, everyone! :) I'm Carolynn and I'm from Tampa, FL, soon to Louisiana in August. I'm kinda new to retro/vintage stuff, but not totally thanks to my mom's love for classic movies and fashion designing. I'm slowly learning more and *attempting* to start my own wardrobe, so if I flood you guys with questions, I apologize! lol

Thanks, and I can't wait to learn! :)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Hello ladies!

I've been a member of this board for a while but I've just now started posting here. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful. Lots of good advice here!

I've been dressing in a vintage style for years, but mostly only for events or the occasional evening out - I have to dress professionally for work (I'm a graphic designer.) I've been collecting vintage clothing and accessories for years, though. I have been fascinated with the 1930s and 40s for as long as I can remember - even back in junior high and high school! My favorite era is probably 30s through 50s, but the 40s really has my heart. I have also always had an interest in history and WWII, so I started WWII reenacting about a year & a half ago thanks to a friend of mine. I've amassed quite a few uniforms and pieces of equipment in that short period of time! (Ebay is evil!) I reenact several American women's services - WASP (one of my favorites since they trained here in Texas), WAVES, WAC, ARC, ANC, and I'm working on NNC. My husband is also a reenactor and fortunately loves the same things I do - must explain why we get along so well! We enjoy swing dancing, hitting estate sales, going to reenactments and airshows... and when we're not doing that, we're hanging out in our 1958 suburbia home with our cats. We do own a 51 Jeep that's in the middle of being restored, as well as a 2004 Jeep for our off-roading and camping.

cztheday

New in Town
I'm really new

I'm so new that I just started posting today (I lurked for a while 'cuz I'm shy.)

Anyhoo, my logon name is Cztheday because that is how I choose to live my life. I have to say, this is THE nicest group of people I have ever run across on the internet. I feel very welcome here. Thank you.

I'm in the Northern Virginia area. I've been wearing vintage clothes since I was a little girl - about 35 years. I love everything about it, the music, the movies, the clothes, and the fact that men dressed nice. I think that jeans are overrated.

Again, thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW