Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A very warm welcome :)

Well, it's so nice to see our community growing by leaps and bounds every day. Welcome to The Lounge Dimeadance, Mary, Jenna, RLush, Tottie, FooFooGal, and to any other new Gal that I might have, not on purpose, left out.
The Lounge is a fountain of great information. Just about anything you need to know about the vintage life can be found here. If you actually can't find it, one of the over 3800 members will be more than happy to help you out. So, take a seat, search through the thousands of threads, ask lot's of questions, and be certain to share all that you know. There is so much to learn from one another, and a lot of fun to be had. The Powder Room is definitely a great place to chat, all the ladies are wonderful to know.
So, again, welcome to the lounge. I look forward to hearing more and learning from all of you. It's a great place to be, I hope you all find it as enjoyable as I do.
:cheers1:
Daisy

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh, introductions. I always get so nervous about these, whether virtually or in real life.

My name is Anna, I'm from a small, little town in the middle of N. Carolina...and the past is all I love and know. I fell in love as a result of what I'm sure would probably be viewed as a cliched circumstance-at the tender age of 7, when I was at my grandma's and she popped in Gone With The Wind to keep me settled and quiet. It accomplished those goals, and so much more. I was entranced from the first. Of course, at such a young age I didn't really have the means/desire to heavily research really any part of the past, but whenever my parents went to the video store, I remembered to always request "an old movie, please!".:p Around age 12 I began to do the reading, checking out stacks of books about the stars, films, fashion, and society of the past. My first love was the 1950's, but ever since then I've progressed, or rather re-gressed in my prefrences, and for several years now, my love has never wavered in particular for the Edwardian era, anywhere from the late 1890's to mid teens.

In regards to emulating the past, I unfortunately, must say I'm rather a novice, as I've only started wearing vintage often in the past 2 years. My collection is steadily growing though, and there is precious little that brings more joy when I am able to discover a "new" old addition, be it clothing, furniture, books, movies, etc.

I am so glad to have found this wonderful little corner of virtual reality, and I hope that we all can become friends. :)

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
Well, it's so nice to see our community growing by leaps and bounds every day. Welcome to The Lounge Dimeadance, Mary, Jenna, RLush, Tottie, FooFooGal, and to any other new Gal that I might have, not on purpose, left out.
The Lounge is a fountain of great information. Just about anything you need to know about the vintage life can be found here. If you actually can't find it, one of the over 3800 members will be more than happy to help you out. So, take a seat, search through the thousands of threads, ask lot's of questions, and be certain to share all that you know. There is so much to learn from one another, and a lot of fun to be had. The Powder Room is definitely a great place to chat, all the ladies are wonderful to know.
So, again, welcome to the lounge. I look forward to hearing more and learning from all of you. It's a great place to be, I hope you all find it as enjoyable as I do.
Daisy

Daisy, if you're going to keep on posting such eloquence, you're going to make the rest of us look bad! lol

melankomas

One of the Regulars
my name is mel, and i'm dreadfully new. my English is often less accurate than i would like, so i may need to try multiple times to express an idea. i attempt to edit my posts carefully.

i'm an enthusiast of old time radio and classic films. i have a small collection of retro suits, but i've little taste, and i'm sure the styles are inaccurate. a large motivation for joining this forum is to learn and, hopefully, correct my taste. i own no vintage. i am fond of swing music, and i have a fair collection of vintage advertisements. i'm also a war veteran, and this is oddly prominent in my defining characteristics.

it's a pleasure to meet you.

Daisy Buchanan

GOK said:
Daisy, if you're going to keep on posting such eloquence, you're going to make the rest of us look bad! lol
GOK, I assure you it was not my intention to do that!!! But I do thank you for the compliment!
Welcome to the lounge LadyStardust and melankomas. I hope you enjoy yourselves!!!

atomicfabulous

New in Town
Hey, there! My name is Sandra Logan, I am from Encinitas, CA...I actually found this through lovely Lauren, whom I have known since high school (Hi Lauren!) Funny thing is...people used to get Lauren and I confused at a distance, we had the same funky style and I think we had the same checkered tights! I am a vintage enthusiast, I used to collect a lot of random unusual things, but since getting married and setting up house I am more interested in mid-century modern furniture. (I know, not golden era, but the atomic era was such fun too!) I don't dress vintage daily, if only it wasn't so fragile! I just opened a vintage store with my friend called SeLVaGE Boutique...It has been my dream to do so for years now! I love everything about the 30's-50's, I have often thought I was born in the wrong time...as many of us on here do.
I feel very inspired by all of you already, and am spending a lot of my downtime in my store reading through all of the forums!!!
Cheers!

Daisy Buchanan

Welcome to the Lounge Sandra and congratulations on the opening of your new store. I wish I lived on the west coast, so much good vintage shopping there.
I just checked out your MySpace page. It'd be great if you get your shoppe up on ebay. I'd definitely become a regular customer..
Well, I hope you do enjoy yourself here.
Daisy:)

Classydame

One of the Regulars
Hello!

My name is Shellie and I live in LA County. I have always had a passion for the vintage. I became entranced as child watching old movies. I like the fashions and culture from the 1920's through the 1950's but my favorite is the early 1930's from about 1931 through 1935. The glamour, elegance and the bias cut are what does it for me. Also, I love the Art Deco design and try to incorporate that into my life on a daily basis. If I can't dress vintage I try to replicate with something that is repro just to get the feel. Dressing vintage makes me feel like such a lady, I love it.

Thank you for being so gracious to all the newcomers. And I am so glad that FL is here for all of us vintage enthusiasts and decophiles.:eusa_clap

Take care!:D

GOK

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
GOK, I assure you it was not my intention to do that!!! But I do thank you for the compliment!
Welcome to the lounge LadyStardust and melankomas. I hope you enjoy yourselves!!!

I know, Sweetie - I'm just teasing! You write wonderful posts that are always a pleasure to read. You keep it up! :D

Shellie, I completely agree with what you say about dressing in vintage (real or repro) - very, very feminine indeed. And glammy; let's not forget that!

atomicfabulous

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome, Daisy. You seem like you would make a lovely hostess...you are attentive to all, and have nice things to say to everyone! Pleasant, pleasant, pleasant!;)

Ashton theKID

New in Town
Hello I'm new!
I've been checking this board quite often and I decided to join, so now I'll introduce myself. My name is Ashton Elizabeth K. and I'm 17. I love vintage styles, movies from the silent era on up, and I love pretty much any history. Well, if you'd like to know anything else, just ask. I hope to post alot more on here. :) Thank you all for your time....~*Ashton

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
atomicfabulous said:
Hey, there! My name is Sandra Logan, I am from Encinitas, CA...I actually found this through lovely Lauren, whom I have known since high school (Hi Lauren!) Funny thing is...people used to get Lauren and I confused at a distance, we had the same funky style and I think we had the same checkered tights!

HEEEY! I remember that! I think I still have those tights, somewhere... we could pull off some neat stuff in high school, huh? And hiya! I need to go check out your shop soon :D Pretty awesome that in cattle-town San Marcos two of us caught the vintage bug ;)

DimeADanceQueen

Familiar Face
where in Carolina...?!

{/FONt]
My name is Anna, I'm from a small, little town in the middle of N. Carolina...and the past is all I love and know.

In regards to emulating the past, I unfortunately, must say I'm rather a novice, as I've only started wearing vintage often in the past 2 years. My collection is steadily growing though, and there is precious little that brings more joy when I am able to discover a "new" old addition, be it clothing, furniture, books, movies, etc.

I am so glad to have found this wonderful little corner of virtual reality, and I hope that we all can become friends. :) [/FONT]

where in Carolina are you from? I was raised in Raleigh and lived in C'Hill for about four years. I first fell in love with Vintage clothing there and if you'd like places to scour for vintage finds, i'd be happy to point you in a few directons.
welcome to the lounge! :p :p

atomicfabulous

New in Town
Lauren!!!

Lauren said:
HEEEY! I remember that! I think I still have those tights, somewhere... we could pull off some neat stuff in high school, huh? And hiya! I need to go check out your shop soon :D Pretty awesome that in cattle-town San Marcos two of us caught the vintage bug ;)

I am really excited for you to come and see it. Its really not like any of the other vintage stores in the area. Its sooooo pretty! I have a silk suit from the 1940's in my shop you could probably wear...it has a label inside that says lifesaver company suit, and has the best little pockets shaped like moons on the breast. You should come in and try it on!!!
I'll message you my phone number on myspace!:) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran