Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Jessica

One of the Regulars
Welcome Ladies! I know you will enjoy The Lounge. It's such a fun place to visit and learn a lot about, well, all things vintage!
Kisses!

Plum

New in Town
Hi everyone! I finally joined after lurking about for quite some time. Im mainly interested in mid 1950s to early 60s, but also have a soft spot for late 40s. I've found so many great tips and sources of vintage (and retro) apparel here, it's been a great help! Thanks for all of the inspiration!

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm from the UK where nobody seems to want to dress vintage, at least round my neck of the woods!

I like to mix vintage with newer pieces, but I have trouble finding things in my size, especially shoes as I'm a bigfoot(at least compared to the 40s and 50s)!

This site has proved so inciteful - I can now get those beautiful pincurls thanks to everyones tips!
Thanks!
Lisa
xXx

FedoraGirl

New in Town
well i've introduced myself briefly before, but just wanted to thank everyone, esp the ladies for their tips and help!

also, welcome to many of the new girls! you'll love the powder room tips!

i've updated my avatar to show my first attempt at putting in my own pin curls! my grandma puts them in her hair, and i know she's showed me before, but i couldn't remember exactly. but the pin curl thread was great!

:)

BombshellBetty

New in Town
WOW!

I am thrilled to have found this website! My passions for vintage clothing has been as long as I could put clothes on, so I'm living my dream and don't have a regular job,I just sell vintage on Ebay to fill my need to live vintage. I have a hard time parting with my shoes,hawaiian dresses and anything 40's and back.You can read more about "ME" under seller I.D. BombshellBettys. I favor 40's through "new look" 50's everything, but also love the later eras clothing and deco items. I enjoy the nostalgia drag races & "rat rod" shows with my dad and have been going for about 20-something years. Now I have rubbed off onto my husband and he has a website with rockabilly western wear. In a nutshell... I'm a vintage junkie and I know I was born in the wrong era. Clothing,cars,kitchen gadgets,decor, whatever! I love it all! =o)

fridaynightgirl

New in Town
Evening, ladies! I ran across the site during a google search for retro hairstyles. I have medium-long hair that I've just spent the last year and a half growing back out, so I don't want to cut it, but I just despise a sloppy look. I'm 29 and have a Director of Marketing job, so I need to look classy and "put together", but I am so sick of wearing black suits all of the time.

I was watching Schindler's List this weekend and it occurred to me that my favorite era in history is WWII, so why not try and recreate some of those really classy do's? That lends itself nicely to the thought I've been chewing on of adopting a completely retro wardrobe. I have a few retro-styled pieces, but nothing authentic.

I know almost nothing, so I am bound to ask LOTS of questions. I've hunted the threads for a while tonight and just LOVE the neat things I've found! I'm glad I'm here!

Nora Charles

New in Town
Hello everyone! I am new to the website myself but have been around through my husband. A school teacher by day, my hubby and I like to take our little one out on the town whenever possible. Following my husband's lead, I drift more towards the 40's but am interested in much more! See ya around!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
It?Ǭ¥s time to introduce myself after hanging out here un-introduced for some days!

My name is Sari and I?Ǭ¥m a 24 year old German Pin up Girl. I just love all the stuff about the 40s-50s a loooot. I started a little collection and also to restyle my apartment that way and it?Ǭ¥s so much fun. I started getting interested in 2003, but didn?Ǭ¥t really start before 2004. Now I feel I get more and more and more absorbed by it all!!!

I hope to meet a lot of nice people here and to collect some hairtipps cause I wanna so a site dedicated to vintage hairstyles and how to do them. There are several sites with single tipps around, but I want to do a really biiiiig one with all the basics rangings from 20s to 60s styles (I feel after the 60s style died). Feel free to contact me if you wanna lend a helping hand.

All the best to everyone!
Sari

Naama

Practically Family
Hallo sari! Sch?ɬ?ne gr?ɬº?É??e aus ?É‚Äìsterreich ;) Your Site is great! I like the pictures from die tessa.

And greetings to all the other new ladys as well!

Naama

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Sari and Mrs Charles.Welcome to the Lounge. Being a rather newbie myself, it's nice to see more of the new girls posting. Every time someone new puts up a post is another opportunity for me to learn more about our hobby which we all feel dearly about. Keep on posting, I need all the help I can get:)
Daisy

ladyk

Familiar Face
Hello,

Just thought I would introduce myself. I'm Kirsty, although generally just known as W, and have recently found The Fedora Lounge through a link on whatkatiedid.com and must say this looks like a great place and source of information!!

I'm a bit of a vintage obsessive, which I'm sure you all understand, and wear clothes & hair do's from or inspired by the 40's & occasionally the 50's daily. Nice to meet you all, all bit it in the wilds of the internet ;)

Wxx

jannygirl

New in Town
New Ladies

Helo to all ladies!
I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jan a.k.a. jannygirl, and am 51. I have a love for the ventage music of the 30' and 40's, especially the big bands and the swing jazz, even the retro jazz of today. I don't collect much else vintage. I found this site looking aat another website. I live in NC where there is a great interest in the Shag type dancing. I know I will learn a lot form this site.
Hello to all the other new ladies.
jannygirl

D-Day-Doll

Familiar Face
Hi Ladies!
I'm new to the board and have had alot of fun reading through the posts so far. Everyone seems so nice and helpful! I especially love the info on hair and makeup. I'm an esthetician so I'm very much into makeup, especially recreating vintage styles of course! I can't wear vintage as much as I would like to because I wear scrubs everyday for work, but when I go out I definitely have to put something vintage on, whether it be the entire outfit or just some vintage jewelry. My favorite eras are 30's through mid 50's. I am getting back into civilian clothing now after collecting women's WWII uniforms for a few years.

Some of my interests include old cars, my husband and I have 2 '31 Ford Coupes, '28 roadster, '29 sedan, '51 coupe, '51 panel truck, and a '43 Ford Jeep. My husband and I also like swing dancing. We have a vintage house built in 1955 that was never remodeled so it has all the original kitchen and bathroom lighting, fixtures, and even the original boomerang countertop!When we're not out I like to hang out at home with my kitties and Greyhounds and spend money on Ebay, haha!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I joined recently and here's a little about me:

My name's Angela, I'm currently studying to be a massage therapist in south texas, and I'm 19. I am an artist, a knitter, sewer, crocheter, musician, crafter, amatuer contact juggler among other things.... I'm just a jack of all trades.

I have a gallery at deviant art: http://atomicfairy.deviantart.com

I've loved the retro/nostalgic 50s all my life (I grew up with Grease and Dirty Dancing)...and in 1997 I was drawn to the Cherry Poppin' Daddies when my brother introduced me to swing music (though CPD is not a swing band).

Around that same time I became obsessed with Jerry Lewis, which lead me to like easy listening music (Dean Martin and others...) Which in turn lead me to love Rockabilly music, and Jazz, the look of martinis, and cherries...And Jerry Lewis also was my gateway to Charlie Chaplin. I LOVE that man! I was so much more obsessed with Charlie than Jerry.

Anyway, in the years since middle school, I have loved the early half of the 20th century. I LOVE the hair, the make up, the music, I even love the neo-classic stuff (is that the right term? you know what I mean ;) ) In middle school I felt like I had no niche because I was just so engorged in the era (50s, early 60s) At least with the movies and the music. It was so bad I would cry...ah to be an emerging teen.

In 9th grade I learned to swing dance and many other dances...I haven't danced in two years really, but I got a certificate for christmas! So soon I will be dancing!...with my boyfriend too! hmmph!

Now I feel pretty good though I don't have friends close to me that dig the stuff, and I get weird looks everytime I "dress up", but probably because they aren't used to it, and I definitely don't do it everyday. It's more like once a month or every two. I lose my motivation and get lazy with the time and effort (hair and makeup)

I've always loved the fashion and have wanted to sew my own clothes forever. In high school, senior year, I finally learned. I've been sewing now for a year and have yet to really make myself a dress that fits well, though I know I have the know how, I just haven't yet. I've made two dresses - one fits tight and the other is just the wrong size (I was naive and didnt measure myself when I bought the pattern)

And my high school was finally starting to catch on when I left...Prom was "A night at Hollywood" or something like that. There were Humphrey Bogharts and Marylins, and Chaplins everywhere! (I helped with the design in my class too :) ) And then the year after I left, the homecoming was a Sock hop...:cry: Too bad I was gone, but good riddance! I wore a red swing dress to prom and my honey wore a pseudo Zoot suit rental. My hair was done up like Dorothy in Wizard of Oz. I LOVE the 40s now, and the 20s.

scan0002.jpg

I'm still learning, and boy have I learned a LOT about the eras since I've been here! It's only been two nights! I've been searching and finding retro type websites for my website's links page for the past two years and the collection is growing so FAST!

I was wondering why there isn't a section here for music though. That's the one thing I'm REALLY lacking! I feel all boxed in with the selection I have and have really been looking around everywhere for good stuff.

Well, I've written a book here, and bless you if you've read through my life's journey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points