Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

LaMedicine

One Too Many
humblestumble said:
I was wondering why there isn't a section here for music though. That's the one thing I'm REALLY lacking! I feel all boxed in with the selection I have and have really been looking around everywhere for good stuff.
Hello and welcome.:)
There are a number of threads on music, mostly in The Golden Era, some in The Steamer Trunk, if you dig deep enough.
Here are a number of the threads, so you can check them out.
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4957
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=1902
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=5391
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4780
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=4058
Hope you enjoy.:cheers1:

ITG

Call Me a Cab
D-Day-Doll said:
We have a vintage house built in 1955 that was never remodeled so it has all the original kitchen and bathroom lighting, fixtures, and even the original boomerang countertop!
There is a thread on vintage homes. You oughta post some pics over there. Welcome to the lounge!

Emily C.

New in Town
Hello all!

Well I am new here so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Emily and I am seventeen years old. I am just starting to get into vintage clothing and I love it! I have been sewing and wearing Civil-war and Victorian era clothing for a long time, but I love the vintage styles from 1920-50's! I was so happy to find this forum! Well, I guess thats all, can;t wait to meet some of you!
Emily

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Hi, I just discovered this site! I live in Los Angeles and am a makeup artist. I love the general time periods between 20's-50's, but adore the 30's & 40's- 30's Old Hollywood Glamour is where my heart is! I am obsessed with photographer George Hurrell, who in my opinion, captured the ultimate in what the world should be; elegant, mysterious, grand. I love love love Joan Crawford! I love love love the Three Stooges! I like all the jazz, swing, big band etc music, art deco, b&w movies... basically the things that you all like and appreciate. THANKS!

katiemakeup

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Hello, my name is Lori. I found the Fedora Lounge through an article in the Denver Post a few weeks ago. I'm 36 years old (37 tomorrow) and live in the Denver area.

I never made a point of looking for vintage items, but I live in a bungalow built in 1910, I grow many old garden roses, enjoy swing dancing and the music, TCM, and the stations of the 50s, pure jazz and standard music on the satellite radio. With that said, I go for more of a classic or timeless look in my clothes and hair, rather than a period look.

The people on this site have inspired me to try different things with my clothes. And Lauren Henline, you and your friends looked delightful at the Day at the Races!

MissQueenie

Practically Family
Vanessa said:
Pictures! (And welcome!)

Welcome Lori!

I second Vanessa's request: Pictures! I adore old roses and heirloom plants of all varieties, so a few shots of your lovely garden would be very well received :p Unfortunately for me, I've been cursed with a hereditary Black Thumb! :cry:

But yes, welcome to the lounge! I'm surprised to hear there was an article about us in the paper -- what was it about?

~ Queenie.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Pictures!

As requested, a few photos of my old but freshly painted house and little garden:

house.jpg

sidewalk.jpg

Low-water plants for a dry climate

ZDbushes.jpg

The side of the house in June. The roses are Zephirine Drouhin, introduced in 1868.

RosedeRescht.jpg

Rose de Rescht, introduced in the 1940s.

Goldbusch.jpg

Goldbusch, introduced in the 1950s.

Queenie, if you'd like to grow a rose, might I suggest 'Katy Road Pink' sold by the Antique Rose Emporium. I sent one to my aunt in Cambria, on CA's central coast, and it thrived despite being grown in a pot, decimated by hail and living in the fog.

As for the article in the Denver Post, somebody posted the text on this website; a search would probably turn it up. It was about people wanting to dress with a little more sophistication. Indeed, in downtown Denver, people do look a little better than they did a few years ago, although there is still much room for improvement.

Maria

New in Town
Hi, I'm new here too, joined last night. I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and I'm studying costume design. I'm obsessed with the 1930's Hollywood glamour, but I love all the period between the 1920's and the 1950's. I came through this forum for the first time when I was searching for 1940's hairstyles, and I am amazed with the wonderful amount of information you girls (and guys) have!
I like sewing my own clothes, most of them inspired in the past eras. I also love hats, and I'm currently making a millinery course with one of the greatest brazilian costume designers :)

Bette Davis, Marlene Dietrich and Rita Hayworth are my favourite classic actresses. I love jazz, big bands, swing and blues. I've been addicted to musicals since I was a child - seeing Fred Astaire dancing in "Top Hat" made me want to learn tap dance when I was 10 years old.

I love talking to my grandmother about vintage hairstyles, make up and fashion - she taught me how to finger wave my hair and how to make pin curls! When I was a kid, my sister and I used to play dressing up in my grandmother's clothes, while listening to the St. Louis Blues, played on the piano by my grandmother herself. :)

I'm so glad to join you girls!

Von Dee

New in Town
Lauren Henline said:
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the new ladies I've seen around the lounge! Please let us know a little about yourself, like how you found the lounge, what your favorite eras are, etc. I love learning about new people!

Welcome again, ladies!

Well hellow there luvely ladies;

Pleasure meeting yu all!!!!!!!!!!!' I'm a 24 year old mother of two, shall I say more'...hmm...being a young mommy (I belief) is informative enough, haha'... from waking up in the middle of the night to changing dirty diapers... Ive done it all... Can't complain, they make me a better person, luv them to death & not to mention" being a young mom, that I'am, has never stoped me from being hip'..haha'.... I still wear my two tone shoes, curl my hair, listen to Johnny Cash, shop for long hours, chat with the gals, & go out every now & than for some fresh air!' I'm just enjoying motherhood' & along the way, I tend to enjoy myself (aswell)... No point in letting yourself go!"

I came across this site, when looking up make up links... I thought it looked interesting enough for me to give it a shot, so here I'am... I have so much to talk about, I don't even know where to start.... it's barely my second day here...

a little more:
I do have to say, I ended my myspace acc.... & I been working on all my New Years resolutios, so far so good!' I'm looking into the make up artist industry, it cacthes my eye'... & I also need some sewing tips, I so... want to sew!!!!!!! Fashion design was another interest of mine, I had for some time now... Right now, I'm purrty much just hanging around the house, & doing things I pushed aside last year.... just taking life a bit more serious, & learning new things!' I'm also learning how to cook, I been on a healthy diet now for about three weeks, & hitting the gym, all theese positive changes seem to be fitting in just right!'

So, that's it for now! Kisses & Hugs, drop by anytime!'

-Von Dee-

Maria

New in Town
Miss Neecerie said:
Bem Vindo Maria! Seu ingles ?ɬ© ?ɬ?ptimo! Eu morava no Brasil muitos anos atr?ɬ°s.

Seja um prazer de ter voc?ɬ© aqui.

Denise

Thank you Denise! Seu portugu?ɬ™s ?ɬ© ?ɬ?ptimo tamb?ɬ©m! :)

waingirl

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, I am new here also. My name is Lorie, 33 years old and live in Syracuse, New York. (Upstate NY) Anyone else from NY? I have always loved all things vintage. My favorite era would have to be around WWII, but the 30's and 50's were great too. I am so glad I found this website, it is full of so much information. I was doing a search on Vichy water (for my Casablanca themed wedding) and I found the Fedora Lounge. I am a nail technician, and self employed, so I can wear whatever clothes I choose. For years I have wanted to start wearing vintage clothes but I just didn't have the guts to. I don't like the clothes of "today" so I might as well spend my money on clothes I actually love. Women of the Golden Era just looked beautiful, they looked classy, I look at the women today and scratch my head and ask myself "what happened"? I am definitely going to start wearing vintage things here and there and slowly remove myself from today's fashions. My friends, and everyone I know don't understand me when it comes to vintage anything. They have no idea of what a fedora is!! I wish I knew people around where I live that liked some of the same things as I do. I'm just glad to know that there are other people out there in the world that do!! Nice to meet you everyone!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
waingirl said:
My friends, and everyone I know don't understand me when it comes to vintage anything. They have no idea of what a fedora is!! I wish I knew people around where I live that liked some of the same things as I do. I'm just glad to know that there are other people out there in the world that do!! Nice to meet you everyone!

I know what you mean! People look at me a bit sideways sometimes :)

Welcome to the lounge, ladies! Great to have so many new faces!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner