Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
French said:
If you go to http://www.isellpens.com there are some quite reasonably priced pens. Also, you can check out reviews of different pens at http://www.fountainpennetwork.com

Honestly, the majority of my pens are in the sub-$50 range, and it was a year or so before I bought a pen more expensive than $50.

Currently, the Pilot 78G sells for around $20-25 and it is a fantastic writer. I purchased one with an italic nib from http://www.hisnibs.com. For vintage, you can't go wrong with an Esterbrook or Parker "51".

French

Thanks for the links, French (and for the OfficeMax ref, Diamondback--with my budget I'll start there!).

And hello to kpreed, deelovely, and Louie!

VintageKitten

New in Town
new in town

Hey everyone! I have just joined and am making my way through some great threads - you guys all seem so nice! Looking forward to getting to know all of you like minded folks. I live in Dublin, Ireland so there aren't many 40's folk around here I can shoot the breeze with!

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Hello everyone!!!
I'm new on this forum and I just wanted to say "Hi" to all of you!!! I love the Fedora Lounge, I discovered so many interesting personalities, some helpful tips!!I'm from France and I love the 40's so this is just the place to be!!! ;)

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Hello Miss 1940s, lavendar lady, Moodle, and HarryintheHat!

And to Miss pennycarroll, you're from France! I've always wanted to live there, and I spent my past two summers exploring its beauty!

Moodle

New in Town
HarryInTheHat said:
Oh, and to Meghan....I come from East Anglia!!!! You liking it?! ;)

Oh, no way!--looks like we've swapped countries with each other, then...I actually like this area a lot. I lived in London for a semester when I was an undergrad and loved it, but after being in Norwich for a few years it's grown on me--I like being in a city big enough to have a variety of decent hangouts, but not so big that you feel lost.

I still can't get over that you're from here. :) Small world, etc etc...

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
Here's an omen: I sit down to write my first post here, and an old DC-3 flies low over my house. Fact. (I've seen it several times before; it's an old one run by a group of enthusiasts here.)

Well, I'm Lucky, I work with antiques (generally older stuff than seen here), but my own finances limit me to hoarding various vintage stuff like watches, cufflinks, pens, cigarette lighters and of course clothing. I'm European, so my perspective here will probably be less Americana and more old-hat Europe (I'm Norwegian).

I thought I'd post a few photos of stuff I have in threads here, although most of it's been posted on StyleForum earlier, as I've posted regularly there for a couple of years or so. I hope nobody minds the rehashing and double-posting, as there seems to be limited over-lapping between the members.

I also hope nobody minds me posting photos of stuff I've handled where I work - it's all sold by now, but I hope it's of some interest to people here. The good thing about those are good-quality photos.

Ah, and my avatar is actually me, at age four. The photo was done in B/W to match some older ones that my grandmother had of my mother and uncles.

Um - and I almost never wear hats. Sorry. :p

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Louie said:
Hello all,
I just joined here yesterday! My name is Louie and I live in central Massachusetts. I just happened upon this place while doing a Google search about my A-2 jacket and I think it's great!!

The things I enjoy are going to silent and early sound film festivals (Cinevent, Slapsticon, Cinefest, etc.), collecting vintage movie paper, my dogs, riding on my Vespa, and trying to unearth details on film comedian El Brendel's life.

I also make t-shirts with vintage film studio logos that I will probably be selling in the classifed section sometime in the near future.

My fedora is a deep green, vintage Stetson, size 7 3/4 that I bought while I was in high school, but I prefer to wear my newsboy hat.

Thanks for having me here!

Louie

It's so nice to see so many new faces! Welcome to the lounge everyone!!!

Louie, I live in Boston, but I went to Clark in Worcester. I haven't been back in a few years, but I'm do for a visit. I'm going through Sakura Tokyo brunch withdrawal!! I've been telling my roommate about that place for ages. I'll let you know if I ever convince him to take the ride out there with me for Sunday brunch. Ah, brings back so many fun memories of late nights at the Acapulco which is no longer open, after too much fun at Lietrems, Monday night football and 10 cent wings at Cactus Petes (is this place even around anymore, I remember they had pretty good food) and great dinners at The Sole.

SerenityAshes

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies,

I'm new here as well.. I'm from Malta (a very tiny spot on the globe, just under Sicilly) and I've became an addict of this site.. I just can't get enough from viewing all the interesting topics and pictures that all the members put in here.

Everyone is talented and I feel like learning more, especially in the hair department, since I'm a partime hairdresser.. though I haven't got much experience in this section, and basically I want to learn for the sake to look different.. since practically all people in Malta dress "normal"

Anyways, at the moment I'm desperately trying to do a la Veronica Lake waves, though I'm super afraid to brush my hair once the curls are set.. I'm afraid that I'll end up like a clown!

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
Hello. I'm Jessica and new here. I've always been intrigued by the classic look of the 1930s and 1940s. I StumbledUpon this site a few weeks ago and I'm already enjoying myself. I find myself giddy while browsing. :)

I hope to be spending lots of time here. I'm new at sewing and hoping a friend will come through with a sewing machine so I can make myself vintage clothing.

Murph351

One of the Regulars
Hello Everyone,
Just recently joined the forum and have spent a few days cruising
through past posts.
Wow, there is a lot of fun and interesting info in here.
I just recently finished restoring a 1930's house here in SoCal
and that project has fueled an interest in the era that has landed me here.

Thanks,
Murph

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
I'm Valerie! I'm from Michigan and unfortunately there is nothing that interest me here, but I will be moving to Chicago in the winter hopefully! I'm kinda confused how to use this site haha, I guess it's just any new site. But already I've received a lot of useful information and tips from everyone! :D

deelovely

Practically Family
classicstyle said:
Hello. I'm Jessica and new here. I've always been intrigued by the classic look of the 1930s and 1940s. I StumbledUpon this site a few weeks ago and I'm already enjoying myself. I find myself giddy while browsing. :)

I hope to be spending lots of time here. I'm new at sewing and hoping a friend will come through with a sewing machine so I can make myself vintage clothing.
Hi! I am Deanna. I am pretty new here too, my hubby got me hooked on the Lounge!:)
My mother is a seamstress and does alterations for a living. She can make pretty much anything as well. Me? I was not blessed with that talent! But my hobby is baking and cake decorating. I have just recently really gotten into it and have done a handful of wedding cakes! Jessica, I have read some of your posts and read your blog..You seem like a really neat gal! The pictures of your wedding are beautiful! Where did it take place? I see that you are in middle Florida... I live in Jacksonville.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Hello everyone!

Hi, I'm new to the group. I found FL while searching for 1940s hairstyling tips. I'm already addicted to catching up on all the threads, everyone has such great information to share! I live in Orange County, CA with my husband and I love the 1940s and 1950s. I don't really dress authentic vintage but my clothes and makeup are certainly inspired by the 50s. I would love to get to know more about creating a classic look. :)

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
40s Gal said:
hello to eveyone! so glad to be here!:p

(can anyone instruct me on how to post my photo?)

To post an avatar, go to User CP at the top of the page, select edit avatar, select custom avatar, then upload your picture. Hope that helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran