Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Woland said:
Thank you, Smithy.

I live in Oslo, although born and raised North of the Polar Circle, (Bodoe).
Well; off to buy a decent pair of pants!

Haha small world, last time I lived here was in Bod??!

Good luck with the trousers Sir!

Louie

Familiar Face
Daisy Buchanan said:
Louie, I live in Boston, but I went to Clark in Worcester. I haven't been back in a few years, but I'm do for a visit. I'm going through Sakura Tokyo brunch withdrawal!! I've been telling my roommate about that place for ages. I'll let you know if I ever convince him to take the ride out there with me for Sunday brunch. Ah, brings back so many fun memories of late nights at the Acapulco which is no longer open, after too much fun at Lietrems, Monday night football and 10 cent wings at Cactus Petes (is this place even around anymore, I remember they had pretty good food) and great dinners at The Sole.

The Sakura is still there but there is a MUCH BETTER place on Park Ave, Baba Sushi.

Cactus Pete's has closed and I believe a CVS is going in it's place:( .

Worcester has so many great bars that if you just visit you may never get to go to. Vincent's, Ralph's, Nick's, Guertin's. All good stuff.

Louie

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Howdy

Hey fellow newbies and Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lounge! Oh I love this forum and am so glad that I finally have a real internet address so that I can actually be a member now! I'm a fashion student here in San Francisco and have always been into vintage, hoop skirts and headdresses when I was younger, and more pencil skirts and pin curls nowadays. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading all of your posts and adding some of my own now...see you on the threads! (I hope my avatar comes out all right...)

Bonnie

New in Town
Hello

I'm brand new here. I'm a 20 year old uni student from Brisbane Australia. I found the site the other day when i googled pin curls, they look so good but I cant do them yet, practice makes perfect i suppose. I love the fashions of the 30's and 40's, they just had so much style back then!

Liz

Salut! (For the second time)

I used to post here occasionally, but since I haven't been around for a while and my tastes have shifted, I figured I may as well re-introduce myself. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated by '30s/'40s/'50s glamour, but never thought that I was pretty/sophisticated/etc. enough to pull those looks off, so I stuck with late '50s/early '60s girl-next-door and '60s mod looks instead. However, my confidence has increased over the last few months (having a friend -- who has seen more vintage pin-up photos than I could even fathom -- rave about one of my '40s-inspired ensembles helped!) and I'm finally starting to try more '40s and '50s looks. Anyway, it is nice to be back here and hopefully I will be able to contribute more this time around. :)

Eliza

One of the Regulars
Hello All,

I am Eliza :)

I think that I have done almost every style at some point in time or another, but lately I am finding that with my new figure (back injury caused weight gain), that the shapes and silhouettes of the 50's is what is suiting to me.

I find this site fun and fascinating and am having a good time reading through the posts!

Oh, and I love fedora's - I think other than berets they are the only hats that look good on me. ;)

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Hi gals! I love the Fedora Lounge already - such a great place for all the stuff I love!

My name is Melissa and I'm a full-time copyeditor and hopeful novelist (World War II fiction). I have an MA in history that I'm not using (I did my thesis on WW2), a love for classic movies, and am looking to update my wardrobe with some classic styles.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Melissa

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi local girl!

MJrules said:
Hey fellow newbies and Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lounge! Oh I love this forum and am so glad that I finally have a real internet address so that I can actually be a member now! I'm a fashion student here in San Francisco and have always been into vintage, hoop skirts and headdresses when I was younger, and more pencil skirts and pin curls nowadays. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading all of your posts and adding some of my own now...see you on the threads! (I hope my avatar comes out all right...)

You can PM me once you have made 15 posts, let me know contact info so I can invite you to some stuff coming up in SF and Berkeley!
We may already know each other? Art Deco Society?

Confectionaerie

New in Town
Hello!
Pretty much the same old story. I'm one of those creepy-voyeurs turned (presumably) active-participants.
So, enchant?©, Fedora Lounge. Get used to my face, you'll be seeing me around!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I'm back! hehe

I was at the Fedora Lounge months and months ago, but life interfered and I pretty much abandoned all message boards. But I'm SO glad to be here again. I missed being around other people who share a love for the Golden Era.

A little about me...

Married, one daughter, one stepson. Copyeditor for a living, fiction writer on the side. MA in history that I'm really not using. I love to collect classic movies and I converted my husband to Cary Grant movies. He loves Father Goose and Monkey Business. :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

A.R. McVintage

Hi, new member, thought I'd introduce myself here. My name is A.R. McRae and I am a quite young author and animated property creator in sunny southern California. I am also a big retro/mid-century enthusiast and am also a member of Tikicentral under the (not-very-clever) moniker, A.R. McTiki.

Have heard about this place for a while, lurked for a week and half now, and joined a couple days ago.

AcridSaint

New in Town
New Guy Here

Hey folks, new guy here, just wanted to say hi.

I stumbled across this site today while trying to find an example of a fedora I once had for a co-worker. Anyways, I've had many others since and, after seeing some of the examples on here, I think I'll have to find one or two again! :eusa_clap

Anyways, the name is Cap and it's good to be here.

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Hi Miss 1929!

I've only heard about the Society and seen promotion for events..are the Deco Dolls affilliated with it? I've always been too shy to go (none of my friends have interest enough to go, my clothing options are pretty embarrassing, and really just too nervous to be surrounded by members who really know what they are doing). Sooooo, I hope that with some help from the Lounge I'll be able to muster up enough courage for something in the future! Oh and thanks for offering to let me know about upcoming events, I'll work hard to get to 15 ;)

Vintage Betty

MJrules said:
I've only heard about the Society and seen promotion for events..are the Deco Dolls affilliated with it? I've always been too shy to go (none of my friends have interest enough to go, my clothing options are pretty embarrassing, and really just too nervous to be surrounded by members who really know what they are doing). Sooooo, I hope that with some help from the Lounge I'll be able to muster up enough courage for something in the future! Oh and thanks for offering to let me know about upcoming events, I'll work hard to get to 15 ;)

MJrules: Welcome to the Lounge! I'm also in the Bay Area, and might be able to set you up for an event. Depending on your size, I may be able to outfit you and we could go to something local together - this way you won't be alone. :)

Let's see what the future has in store, eh?

Vintage Betty
PS: I'm outgoing enough for both of us; no need to worry about being shy. lol

Miss 1929

Yes, do come out and play!

MJrules said:

And yes, the Decobelles are part of it...I am actually the original Deco Belle! From 20 years of this craziness...Check out the Gatsby Picnic thread under Events for the history and lots of pics from this year!

Don't worry about clothes, we all have to start somewhere! And let us know if you need specific help. Maybe you and I and Vintage Betty could have a shopping trip...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy