Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

de-stressed

New in Town
Hello Gals,

I made a couple of posts but realized I did not introduced myself here in the Powder Room yet. I'm a newbie here but have always loved vintage & retro. Right now I am really loving the 20's. My interest in vintage started from my amazing grandmother and great-grandmother. Those two ladies in my life were as tough as nails and lived through some very hard times but they always held themselves together with a grace that I don't see today. I have to say, I am loving this site! Look forward to reading all the advice and info the Lounge has to share!

Hangman

New in Town
New and eager...

Hello everyone, I am from central Indiana and am very happy to be here. My Grandfather was one of the greatest men to ever live and I believe I ended up here thanks to his influence. He wore fedora's all his life and I admired the look and thought I wanted one someday. My wife and daughters got me my first, a Stetson Chatham in black, it's my prize. I now have eight others and don't know where it will end. I am looking foreward to being a regular on this site and learning all I can about it. It's great to be here, have a great day!

graceland

New in Town
Hello! My name is Grace and I love vintage clothing! I became obsessed with the 50s during middle school and high school and I would spend a lot of time online just looking at vintage clothing and collecting pictures. I never was able to afford an authentic 50s dress but, this year I made a goal that after I submitted my portfolio to college (for my 2nd degree, yikes) I would start sewing as a hobby and start making my on vintage clothing.

Since then I have fallen in love with sewing and collecting vintage patterns. I think it's very satisfying for me because I don't work so I am on a very tight budget. Being able to sew my own vintage style clothes is cheaper in comparison to buying authentic vintage and so much fun! Now I can live my teenage fantasy and own many 50s styled dresses! While I love the 50s I have expanded my pattern collection to 30s, 40, and 60s. I think there was just so much creativity in general in fashion through out the decades, I just love it.

Anyway, I am really excited to be here in this community and I hope I can be a good contributing forum member^^

agapimou

New in Town
Hello

Of course.. I am new here. My name is Autumn. I love vintage fashion ranging from the 20's-60's. Simplicity and elegance define my life. I am exited to be apart of this on-line community, with people who share the same, and similar interests as I.

TheFilmGrrl

New in Town
Hello All,

New member here. The pic of me on my profile is from the set of "Public Enemies." Hair is much longer now. I do enjoy putting on a vintage dress from time to time. I know how to East Coast Swing, Lindy and Charleston. Don't get out dancing as often as I'd like though. *sigh* Love period clothes, homes and cars. Considering taking the leap out of a tragically modern job (web design) and into one more creative and suited for me and my interests (costume design). Just looking to chat with and meet new people. What I've seen posted so far is lovely and inspiring.

Regards,
M

Gwenhwyfar

New in Town
Hi girls, I'm Jen and I'm new but it already feels great joining a forum with such gorgeous, vintage looking women! :]
A little something about myself? Um. I'm 19, I live in Tennessee, and as of right now I'm listening to this great Tommy Dorsey record!

kitfrances

New in Town
Hi vintage vixens!

I've been browsing the lounge for over a year now and have been a member for a couple of months, but I've only recently stirred up the courage to post. lol
I'm 18, live in Australia and I'm in love with a pretty broad range of vintage fashions - from 20's flapper to 70's punk.
I hope I can put a little back into this wonderful community in return for how often I have shamelessly exploited it's help and inspiration in the past! ;)

*edit* oops, sorry! I forgot about my name
It's Kit :]

Maneki 13

New in Town
Ladies!

I just wanted to say Hello to all the ladies of the board! I've been visiting the site for over a year, but finally went and signed up. I've always had a fondness of just about everything 30's, 40's, and early 50's, especially music, fashion and the overall values (such as manners) of the era. I also have other interests, such as corseting, steampunk fashion, but have only really pursued the fashion of the late 40's/early 50's.

I still hope to continue to learn so much from everyone. There's an astounding wealth of knowledge here. Hairstyling is one of my biggest challenges, another is garment sizing. I've made the mistake of getting two dresses that don't quite fit properly, even with trying to go by the seller's measurements.

I'm still not at that comfort level that many of you are at when it comes to wearing things in public. For example, I've only recently worn red lipstick a few times for the first time ever, and because it's not what I'm typically known for, I felt a little uncomfortable with it. I felt that way as well the first time I wore my first vintage dress to work, though I did receive compliments on it.

I know this was pretty long and hope I didn't get too off topic. Basically though, I just wanted to say that I'm really excited to be here.

Thanks!

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Welcome to the Board

Hello to all new ladies I am pretty new still myself just obsessed right now so I post a lot. Don't worry I go back to work on monday and my posting time will become much more limited. Lets see can I post and sew at the same time. Hmmm decision decisions.

From this thread and the "How did you find the Lounge?" thread it sure seems like we get a lot of people that are online doing some type of research for a project or for personal knowledge that get directed to the Fedora Lounge.

That's how I got here trying to find out about getting my dad's Borsalino renovated.

Welcome and remember to try to get to 15 posts ASAP, that's when you get vested as an FL member and things open up like the events and the ability to PM people.

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Honey Bee said:
Hi gals and welcome!!
Land o'Lakes Gal...LOL!! I surf the 'lounge' and clean up the cottage at the same time..makes cleaning much more interesting :D
A big, warm hello to all the new ladies!! I had to laugh Land o' Lakes Gal and Honey Bee as i'm supposed to be doing jobs right now and am sitting here with school uniforms on my lap that should have name tapes sewn in them, hmmm...:)

SharpSarcasm

New in Town
Hello. I've been browsing the forum for several months, but I only recently signed up. I'm interested in the culture and lifestyles of the 1920s-50s, but tend to focus more on the '30s and '40s. Though I must say I love 1950s horror films.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR