Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

*LovePotion*

New in Town
Hi there everyone! I am new here as well I love just looking around and reading posts and getting advice, I dont know many people who love or get inspired by the things I do. Its great to know this is a nice place to share opinions and discuss different topics. I live in Minnesota but I am going on a trip soon to Hollywood and planning another trip to Vegas! I just love the old grace of the 1920-1950's everything about that time make me want to be a classy independant woman and to be treated like one. Hopefully everybody will see me around doing some posts! Thank you ever so for having me. :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
LOVE your avatar

*LovePotion* said:
Hi there everyone! I am new here as well I love just looking around and reading posts and getting advice, I dont know many people who love or get inspired by the things I do. Its great to know this is a nice place to share opinions and discuss different topics. I live in Minnesota but I am going on a trip soon to Hollywood and planning another trip to Vegas! I just love the old grace of the 1920-1950's everything about that time make me want to be a classy independant woman and to be treated like one. Hopefully everybody will see me around doing some posts! Thank you ever so for having me. :)

Tex Avery is one of my fave animators :D
Welcome!

LD

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Lotus Leroux said:
Well, I have been reading threads on the forum for about a month now and figured it was time to register and introduce myself...

I live in the Los Angeles area, am very much into the 1930s and 1940s, and in recent years have really gotten into buying vintage patterns and sewing. I am inspired to learn that so many of the ladies in the lounge sew as well! I am also into vintage dancing and love getting dressed up to go out. I have found the Fedora Lounge to be an excellent resource for so many things and want to say thank you to all the ladies who have posted their ideas, tips, links, purchaes, etc...

This is a great place!

Good to see you finally decided to get registered...!

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Hello,
I have also been reading the posts for awhile and finally decided to register. My name is Missy, I am a 25 year old wife and mother of three (I stay home with our children). I love clothes and sewing. I really like the 40s and 50s but could never decide which I like best! Right now I don't wear very much vintage but I like to combine old and new looks together sometimes. So far I have gotten some really great advice from all you ladies (and gentlemen) and I really appreciate it all. Thanks.
Missy

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi Missy. Great to see you. Hope you enjoy it and don't be afraid to just pull up a chair at whatever table you fancy. :)

SaraBell

Familiar Face
Hello! I found this place while looking for tips on doing my hair in a 40's or 50's style. After trying a few out I began exploring the rest of the site and I love it!

Anyways, my name is Sara and I recently graduated high school and am about to move out and enter college. I have loved vintage type things since I was little (my grandfather collected everything, so much so that they have an extra house filled with the stuff). I'm always dragging my friends to the antique stores in town to find new treasures (which by the way drives them crazy as they don't see it quite the same way).

See ya!

Hello

Hi Yall,
I've been reading posts for months and have finally worked up the courage to register. This is a wonderful site and everybody is so friendly and full of information. I became obsessed with the 30's and 40's after listening to my Mom's Artie Shaw records when I was in junior high. My in laws are a wealth of info, as they both experienced the Oklahoma dust bowl and depression. My father-in law fought in WWII Burma, behind enemy lines with an outfit called Merrill's Marauders. It's encouraging to find so many people are fascinated by this time period and living the retro lifestyle. I look forward to reading the helpful tips about fashion and makeup and may get up my nerve to post again. Until then....Dust Bowl Deb

Caledonia

Practically Family
K by the bay said:
Hello ladies. I'm new too. Just how many of us are there in the lounge?

2633 and climbing. Hi and welcome.
SaraBell, is that an Audrey H vibe I detect from your avatar? Beautiful.
Seen you around K by the Bay. Keep chatting!
Dust Bowl Deb. I lurked for yonks, but it's an easy place to be. See you around.
:)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Welcome everyone!

K by the Bay, I'm not sure how many ladies we have. There seems to be a good 20 or so that post regularly (like every day or so), but I know there's many who just check it out from time to time or browse the forums. Come on, everyone! Let's have the browsers join in :)

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Hi, I finally took the plunge too and joined up here. I've been a historical re-enactor of the 1880s for over 20 years and the past three years, I've moved up a few decades to the gangster 30s. But I'm most passionate about anything during the 1930s-1940s. In my other life I'm a homemaker and artist and dabble in computers, gardening and anything vintage.

Camille

Familiar Face
Hoy there!

I'm a 27-year-old up from the far, cold north of Europe. Sweden, more exactly. A friend tgave me a tip about this place, and I just adore it! I'm mostly in to the 30's, but everything from the 20's to the 40's really works. I started out as a music- and dancefan (I dabble a bit in Lindy Hop and plan on going Charleston or Balboa for the autumn) and found my way to the clothing from there.

I plan on enjoying these forums a lot from now on. :)

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Hullo!

I found out about the Fedora Lounge when Google linked me to a forum discussion on vintage tap pants last week and fell in love with you darling sweet bunch of ladies.

Then I found out my sweetie, Skillbilly registered on his own and has been blowing up the boards for a couple of weeks.

We both love all things vintage--particularly from the 1930s-1950s.

Oh, and I also belong to the Devil-Ettes, SF's dance troupe who are dedicated to bringing back vintage PG go-go dancing with dance moves like the watusi and the swim. The girls are a hoot and it's a great workout to boot!

Thanks everyone for being so welcoming!

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Me, Too!

I've wanted to see Sweden, especially since my great grandmother came from there at the age of 18. So, I'm partly Swedish, but not a very good one because I don't care for lut fisk (Swedish fish), osta kaka (my grandmother said it was Swedish cheesecake--but its not!), or pickled herring. Thanks for reminding me of all the "Swedish" meals my family would eat at gatherings years ago. Maybe someday I'll appreciate those delicacies!

Its neat that people all over the world are interested in the same stuff I am!
Yep, all in all, the 1930s are the best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart