Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

cgab1

One of the Regulars
Welcome Brandy, I'm kind of new, too. There are a lot of interesting people and subjects on this forum. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Sirocco1939

New in Town
Hi to all! So glad to finally post something in here! Wanted to introduce myself to the ladies.. I'm Rhodora from sunny Los Angeles.. I'm a photography student at City Collage, been a collector for quite some time now. It's so swell to have such place like this!

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Hello everyone!

I'm Naimah (Na-ee-ma) or well you can call me Nimmy...or Miss.Beast and this is my first post!
I am 18 years old. Starting college in September for art and design, and attending acting school too.

I am in LOVE with the 1950s, and have been alot of my life.
It's only in the past year that I have been pretty much 50s 50s 50s, with fashion, my room, my life, my style, my music, my taste in everything really.

I love rock n roll, old classics, swing, jive, surf rockabilly, even psychobilly.
Anything with good lyrics, a sweet slap bass and a rockin guitar can get me boppin' or even if its a sweet voice of an amazing lady eg Shirley Bassey or even a handsome talented man eg Perry Como.

I love vintage, clothes, cars, lifestyle etc.
I am so happy that I found this site. Was googling hairstyles, as I am uncertain what to do with my hair next (I might get rid of my bangs)...

My friends are not into any of this really, and its brilliant to have sites like this so I can discuss anything and everything :D

xox

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Hello,
this is actually my 2nd post here. And I'm certainly glad I found this site.
I'm Naimah (Na-ee-ma), you may call me that, or Nimmy (nickname) or Miss.Beast even.

I live in Dublin city, Ireland and I'm interested in all eras from 1920s to 1960s or so. I'm interested in everything vintage, everything 1950's especially (as it is my favorite decade). I am 18 years old and I just graduated from high school and I am going to college in September for art & design, as well as going to acting school.

I love music... rockabilly, surf rockabilly, psychobilly, old rock n roll, jazz, swing, blues, jazz etc. I LOVE horror flims, old/b&w films, acting, dancing, modeling, socializing, meeting new people, traveling, comics, vintage, fashion, art, computers etc.

I love this site...alot actually. And hope to meet new people on it also.
Talk soon,
much love,
xo

MisterPaul

New in Town
I've posted a couple of times in other threads, but I've never formally introduced myself.

Mister Paul is the moniker that seems to get pinned on me in every situation I enter. I thought it was a negative connotation for years until I realized I was earning the name because of my clothing and deportment. I was told I 'just seem like a Mister' to everyone. Now I love the name.

I enjoy dressing well. That isn't to say I don't own jeans, t-shirts and sneakers, I just enjoy looking nice. For example: the dress code at work is jeans, t-shirts and flip-flops. I prefer chinos and silk sport shirts or bowling shirts with a pair of huarache sandals. I own several suits, some vintage. I really enjoy wearing them out.
I frequent a small Italian restaurant/bar in my neighborhood, complete with vintage old world memorabilia and vintage family and celebrity photos and live piano entertainment, where dressing up is not necessary, but the owner appreciates it.

My wife and I are frugal people. My vintage clothing pursuit began as a way to save money by purchasing from thrift stores. It turned into a hobby I derive great enjoyment from even today.

I enjoy music from bygone eras as well as modern "throwback" music, such as the newer swing bands, Harry Connick Jr. and Mr. Buble. I look forward to many great conversations with all of you.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Naimah, Paul, nice to meet youse. Paul, I respect the thrift aspect of vintage that you bring up ... I have spent money on certain items, but so much is cheap or free ... Naimah, plenty of horror fans here, including myself ... not to get too modern on you, but Hostel 2 just came out and so did 28 Weeks Later. Considering the high quality of the original, I'm eager.

Rachel

New in Town
Hello,
My name's Rachel obviously I couldn't think of a more creative username lol. Anywho, I have always loved old movies and loving the clothes in those movies goes along with that. Though I really don't own anything that is vintage but I hope to soon.

My favorite fashion eras are the 14th and 15th century's, Regency Era, late 1930's, 40's, and the early 50's.

That's prettymuch it for now I guess.

-Rachel

Miss.Beast

New in Town
Doran said:
Naimah, Paul, nice to meet youse. Paul, I respect the thrift aspect of vintage that you bring up ... I have spent money on certain items, but so much is cheap or free ... Naimah, plenty of horror fans here, including myself ... not to get too modern on you, but Hostel 2 just came out and so did 28 Weeks Later. Considering the high quality of the original, I'm eager.

Still haven't seen 28 Weeks Later. Haven't been to the cinema in ages.
Hostel 2 should be out, here, this Friday. Can't wait to see it. x

glamoursurf

New in Town
Ohh I'm next..
My name is Pam and I was born a Hoosier. Dad was a men's shoe salesman and he had 5 girls, go figure. We traveled alot with changing jobs, so I've lived in Indiana, Texas, Wisconsin, MA and now CA. Mom was frugal and used to keep us busy by going to thrift shops, so I've been around vintage all my life and now wear a mix of vintage and contemporary. Went to college here and got my BFA. Still a practicing artist as that's my therapy and release.

I used to work in marketing in high tech and travleled quite a bit until I had my daughter. Been playing on line to make my fun money ever since so I can stay home with her. Recently I've been learning a second language called HTML ;)

I've always loved vintage, and I adore when men wear hat's!
Thanks for the welcome and looking forward to getting to know ya'll a bit better soon.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Miss.Beast said:
Hello,
this is actually my 2nd post here. And I'm certainly glad I found this site.
I'm Naimah (Na-ee-ma), you may call me that, or Nimmy (nickname) or Miss.Beast even.

I live in Dublin city, Ireland and I'm interested in all eras from 1920s to 1960s or so. I'm interested in everything vintage, everything 1950's especially (as it is my favorite decade). I am 18 years old and I just graduated from high school and I am going to college in September for art & design, as well as going to acting school.

I love music... rockabilly, surf rockabilly, psychobilly, old rock n roll, jazz, swing, blues, jazz etc. I LOVE horror flims, old/b&w films, acting, dancing, modeling, socializing, meeting new people, traveling, comics, vintage, fashion, art, computers etc.

I love this site...alot actually. And hope to meet new people on it also.
Talk soon,
much love,
xo

YAY! Another Irish girl. Welcome to the Lounge.

GingerRogers

New in Town
Just blew into town....

Hey kids! Just found this site the other day and am over the moon about it! It's really the bee's knees! (*smile*) Anyone here from Maryland? If so, Glen Echo Park's Spanish Ballroom is AMAZING with their swing dances on Saturday nights...would love to meet up! Take care and hope to see you around!!

Katie Brookes

One of the Regulars
kinda new

hello - i am kind of new... though i have been reading the posts here for a while. i am relatively new to a lot of this - though i have been fascinated with vintage makeup and illustration for a long time, for the last five years or so i've been obsessed with the 20's, mostly through silent films and fashion illustrations. i adore Gloria Swanson, Pola Negri, Rudolph Valentino... i've been trying to watch all the old movies i can - i spend most of the year looking forward to the SF Silent Film Festival! if i look familiar, i have been going to quite a few of thr Art Deco Society of California events this year... if i've met you, add me on myspace!! myspace.com/katiedeco.

Katie

Rica Chez

New in Town
Hello!

Hello Ladies,

I thought I'd stop in and introduce myself...

I'm Jen, 28 years old, single mom of 3 boys, and reside in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've always admired the different fashions of all the different eras but have been really falling in love with vintage since meeting my Darling, Mr. Sable - who has also introduced me to this site as well. (And I LOVE the way he looks in his suit and hat!)

So far I'm loving the styles from the 20s to the 50s... And I discovered that I enjoy going out dressed in vintage and collecting different vintage items! I don't have much yet but I have a feeling I might have a new expensive habit. lol

I have to say that this site has been a wonderful resource for learning about the clothes, hair styles, hats, history, ettiquette, etc.

I look forward to meeting you ladies!

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner