Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Well I guess I'd better do a formal introduction before I get to posting.

Hello all, my name is Graham and I hail from Alberta, Canada. I'm 22, currently working on my Parts Technician apprenticeship and have a love for all things vintage. I really like anything from the late 30's till the early 60's, but the late 40's to mid 50's are my favorite era. I dig traditional hotrods and custom cars, as well as restored originals. I recently sold my '53 Chevy to fund a purchase of a Model A, and my timing couldn't have been better as I found one last week and am going to pick it up this weekend, plans are for a late 40's early 50's hotrod.

I found the FA at random, looking for somewhere I could bone-up on my knowledge of past times. I must apologize, as I do not own any real vintage clothing from the times that these boards cater too. I collected an almost complete field kit of issue Vietnam gear, but sold most of it to fund the '53 Chevy. I only kept the steel pot (helmet) and my field jacket.

I probably won't post a lot, I'm more of a 'glorified lurker'. Thanks for having me!

My computer crashed a little while ago, this is the only photo I have of my old Chevy

montrealqueen

New in Town
Living in Montreal but moving to Florida

Hi all you lovely ladies! I'm Sonia, 30 year old female and living in Montreal Canada right now. My favorite eras are the 30s-50s. I really love anything and everything vintage. I'm lucky enough to still have my grandparents around and they tell me some great stories about immigrating from Spain to Canada and how thinds were back in the day.

I will be moving back to South Florida sometime this summer to get married and would like to know if there are any other lovely vintage ladies living in South Florida.

I've heard the vintage scene is not so big down there although in my area there are a few stores and whatnot. If anyone knows about any swing or jive classes in South Florida as well, please let me know as my fiance would love to learn.

divaabsoluta

New in Town
Hi from Sweden

I´ve been checking out this fabulous website for a couple of months now. And now I´ve decided it would be rude not to introduce myself. My name is "Diva" ( and the only reason I´m not writing my real name is simply because I work as an actress/director and value my privacy very much and these pages can be read openly - sorry about that ).

I am 44 years old and love the 1940s. I´ve recently bought several vintage hats, a vanity table and taken my first swing dance class, so you can tell
I´m beginning to get serious about vintage style ;) I even hope to make some hats myself. I´ve bought som wooden hattmodels and I´ve borrowed a great millinary book from the library.

Also I am slowly warming up to the idea of taking burlesque classes. I´m a fan of Dita von Teese and have just started exploring the ( rather large ! ) world of burlesque.

I will do my best to spell well, but as my computer does not correct misspelled English words - bear with me !

With kind regards D

Sepe

New in Town
Greetings!

I'm a gymnasium (somewhat comparable to the US prep schools as far as Wikipedia goes) student from Finland, northeast Europe. I've always had a soft spot for the 30's-50's style, and I'm delighted to see I'm not that much of a freak after all. Heh, no offence, great to find people who do appreciate vintage.

I've also been reading the forum from the shadows for a while, and I guess it's time to step out. I found Fedora Lounge, propably when searching for hats. Not that easy to find 'em in Finland you know, at least for a reasonable price (student budget, that is).

I'll propably be somewhat laid back at least for a while, however. I must also apologize in advance for any possible ackward language in terms of grammar, as I am not a native English speaker. I also use strange units of measure such as celsius and the metric system, which I most of the time forget to convert.

-Sepe

balgal

New in Town
Hello to all the new ladies!! Welcome!!

Originally posted by montrealqueen:

I've heard the vintage scene is not so big down there although in my area there are a few stores and whatnot. If anyone knows about any swing or jive classes in South Florida as well, please let me know as my fiance would love to learn.

Thats what most people would say montrealqueen, but there are more than a couple place for you and your fiance to go to.

Check out http://thelindyhop.com and see whats in your neck of the woods!!

Tallulah

New in Town
Well, Hello...

My name is Tallulah and I came across this site while searching for red lipstick recommendations (and I am very pleased to have bought several from the recommendations here).

I am currently a single mom and a hospice nurse. I live in a small town in NW GA where there is unfortunately precious little happening in the way of retro lifestyle. :( I used to be a hairstylist and make-up artist but left that life behind many, many years ago.

I recently turned 40 (April) and made several fitness resolutions that I am continuing to pursue. My ultimate reward is to begin (again) to dress in the vintage clothes I adored in my teens and early twenties. It is a great motivator to look at all of things you gals post! I am also happy to find so many people with like interests...it takes the edge off the loneliness of this little town.

Pleased to meet cha!

- Tallulah

c-mattio

New in Town
Hello

Hi all, I'm from Southampton, UK. I've only recently been introduced to vintage clothing, but I am becoming a bit obsessed. Looking forward to taking part in this forum.

BombshellBella

Familiar Face
Hello Ladies!

Hello to you all!

I am 30 years old and live in New York City. Since turning 30 I was contemplating a style change, a more grown up, sophisticated style than the main stream. I have always been enthralled by 1920's-1970's. I think each era has given us a really nice look. I have always dressed stylish but followed trends and since turning 30, I am ready to come into my own...

I am really excited to find this forum, its nice to meet like minded women who prefer fashions that are sexy but leave a bit for the imagination then the "so called" sexy fashions of today that need no imagination.

Cheers! :)

Randal

Familiar Face
Hello all! I've been reading most of the posts for a week or so now and I finally registered the other day. I'm 27, from Kentucky and I've only been wearing fedoras for about a year. I have an "Indiana Jones" wool felt fedora, and two Stetson Temple fedoras (one in Mink and one in Caribou). I've just started looking in thrift stores and the like for vintage hats.

I was refered to the Fedora Lounge by a reply to a question I had on Yahoo Answers regarding reshaping a brim. I hope to learn alot here and to make a few new friends.
Thanks.

JoePreppyPauper

New in Town
Hello New Fodora Loungers (?)

I have been visiting the Fedora Lounge for about a month and joined about three weeks ago. What a great resource! I am interested in classic, ivy league and especially vintage clothing. I also love early to mid-20th century industrial design, automobiles, architecture and interior design. I am also a huge fan of jazz music and golden era movies. It's great to see so many guys and gals who appreciate the same things.

Kifaru

New in Town
Hello all, just piped aboard!

Recently retired US Navy chief (Parajumper) living in the UK. I work for the US DOD at RAF Moleworth, old WWII US B17 base. Married to long legged Maine girl and have two teenage boys. I love travelling adventures, style, good wine and whisky, books, hunting guns, racing off road and playing ice hockey (which I'm getting a little old for but can still school the kids in a thing or two at the boards!) My dog, James Alexander Malcom McKenzie Frazier, aka Jamie, is a deerhound lurcher.

My avatar is my racing hummer in Morocco with my two young teenage boys in the back. I'll get a vintage style photo later.

Glad to be here, see you at the bar!

Cole

Don't forget about the events.

To all the new members a gracious welcome, enjoy the Lounge.:eusa_clap

If you have questions, don't forget the search feature. Also if you have a topic and use google posts in the Lounge often come up.;)

Most importantly, I'd like to suggest that you peruse the EVENTS section!

We have a lot of small get togethers going on and possibly one near you.

Often it is an outside event and Loungers have posted it for their fellow Loungers to know about.

It's good fun to get together.:)

THe Conductor

One of the Regulars
Hello all!

I've been lurking around for a little bit and must say I have found what I'm looking for. Now I don't feel so weird for loving the 30s-40s.

I'm Seth, 21 and I live in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Unfortunatly my current vintage threads are only that of the blue collar working man. I'll try and work on that over the winter.

I am a big Railroad History buff, especially of anything from the 1930s-mid 1950s. I just left my job working as a railroad conductor in Portland, OR and I'm now going to school for a degree in who knows what. In my spare time I volunteer at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum in Portola, CA as the Assistant Chief Mechanic in the Diesel Dept.

To get you ready for winter, heres a link (which I hope is alright, let me know if its not) to a video of the rotary snow plow at our museum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV_XPxYTb-A

This plow was built in the 20s steam powered to clear Donner Pass between Reno, NV and Sacramento, CA and was converted to diesel in the 1960s.

GHQ1

One of the Regulars
Greetings Gaits!

Murder! Cool digs! Aces up!

During my tenure here I'll try to avoid bumbing the gums.

For now gotta make tracks and drift.

Chad, Washington (the State)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Lauren said:
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the new ladies I've seen around the lounge! Please let us know a little about yourself, like how you found the lounge, what your favorite eras are, etc. I love learning about new people!

Welcome again, ladies!

Hi my name is Nancy, I am 22 and live in Maryland, and love vintage from the1930's-1950's the 1940's are by far my favortie. My favorite actres is Rita Hayworth, and my favorite actor is Carry Grant (if you couldn't tell fromt he name). I have been into vintage since I was in about 12. And in resent years I have started wearing vintage or vintage looking clothes most days along with doing my hair in vintage styletoo. Umm so I am kind of rediculous, I fancy myself like a girl from the 1940's who's boyfriend was gone in the war. That's because my boyfriend is inthe Navy and stationed in Japan, he has been their since January, and won't be back until 2011. So I have become a master of letter and card writing. And well if you want to know anything about me just ask I am an open book.

GibsonGirl

New in Town
Hi everyone. I've been a long time lurker and thou

gh I joined a while ago, there have been some troubles with my account so I was unable to post anything. Thankfully it's all worked out now and I can finally participate in this wonderful forum. I have already learned so much from looking on and I'm really excited to become more involved. :)

I'm from Arizona, but I moved to Boston years ago for college to study Opera performance and Public Relations. I just turned 23 and I absolutely adore everything vintage. I have a passion for fashion :)rolleyes: corny, I know) and love to incorporate vintage items into my style. I'm especially interested in the turn of the century through the 60's.

I'm also very interested in hair and skin care, vintage make up, vintage decorating, knitting, and producing vintage-esque hairstyles that don't damage my hair. I really want to take sewing classes so I can make my own vintage-style clothes and alter pieces I find.

I guess that's about it for now! Thanks for having me aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou