Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
buddy5909 said:
"Your dresses should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady.” Vintage clothes emphasize curves and drape elegantly to lend an air of discreet sexiness. I believe that it is sexier to have nice fitting dresses and skirts instead of low cut tops and jeans. Sex appeal does not require partial nudity. I would call myself a New Vintage Lady. I love luscious red lipstick and nail polish. It is a common misconception that femininity is all about fluffy, pink, prissy or bimbo like; far from it. I’m mostly influenced by women like Clara Bow, Jean Harlow, Claudette Colbert, Rita Hayworth, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Natalie Wood, Dorothy Dandridge, Janet Leigh, Marilyn Monroe, Lucille Ball, Elizabeth Taylor, Lana Turner and Veronica Lake to name a few. Not only by their beauty but by their style, elegance and the way they carry themselves; like a proper lady.

AMEN! :eusa_clap

Welcome to the forum! :)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well geepers, lookit all the new Ladies here.

Welcome!

Please ladies, take some time to look around and peruse the threads all over the lounge, not just the Powder Room and Beauty. If you are unsure of something, I suggest a search, to see if the topic has been addressed. If not make sure you post your new thread in the appropriate forum.

We always love pictures :)

Welcome again ladies and enjoy yourself.

LD

yummykiwi

New in Town
Good morning, ladies!

My name is Kelly. I am 27 - married with one baby boy. I was a SAHM for 18 months but am back to work. I work in a specialized residential home for adults with developmental disabilities. At work I wear old jeans and tee-shirts because there is a VERY good chance I will get some 'bodily fluid' on myself during the course of the day. It is gross sometimes but it is a rewarding job.
SO, when I am not working I LOVE to dress up. I love the hairstyles of the 40's, the dresses of the 50's, and love to be inspired by it all.

I stumbled across this board a few months ago when I was trying to find out how to make rats for victory rolls! I love to wear dresses and am learning to sew!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Lindabelle

One of the Regulars
Hi! My name's Linda and I love vintage. I guess it all started for me with the movies. I love old classics. I grew up on Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movies and just loved the way women looked back then,so elegant and feminine.I have only just started wearing vintage fashions and hairstyles on a regular basis.I found this great forum while looking for vintage hairstyles.I just love looking at all the great outfits and hairstyles you ladies have created and hope to be able to post some photo's myself someday! My favourite era's are the 20's,30's,40's and 50's but especially the 30's and 40's. :)

saraicat

New in Town
Hi there!

I've been reading for a bit and have come to appreciate this forum so much, I had to post an intro! I'm Sarai, I live in Portland, OR (recently relocated from the San Francisco bay area) and love most things vintage. My favorite era is late 30s / early 40s, though I'd say my personal style is more a mix of vintage and modern rather than strictly vintage.

I love to sew, which is lucky since I spend a good chunk of my time on that day to day, and I also love to knit, crochet, embroider, and occasionally make some jewelry. Other things I enjoy include vegetable gardening, cooking, reading, and drinking the fancy classic cocktails my mister stirs up.

Anyway, hi, and I'm really looking forward to sharing my finds and things I make with like-minded ladies!

Miss Pipa

New in Town
Hello ladies, although I've been reading you for some years now and I'm signed in since May this is the first time I write here. I'm Pipa and I live in Lisboa, the capital of a small European country called Portugal. My favorite era is the period between late 30's and early 40's and I try to wear vintage or at least really faithful reproductions everyday. I love to read you all because you seem to share my true obsession for clothes! So I plan to keep on reading you and start sharing some of my findings too...

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
GlamourDoll said:
Hello everyone,
My name is Lola and I'm new to fedora lounge. Never been on a forum/ member... so I'm still getting use to this.

Hello GlamourDoll!

Nice to see another local PA gal in the forum! ;)

~MaryDeluxe

GlamourDoll

Familiar Face
Aww thanks Mary. I'm glad to hear that your from Pa too. It seems rare anymore to find other ladies around this part. I mostly meet rockabilly girls. That's not really my thing. I try and stay original as possible.

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Whoo! Sarai, I've been following your blog for a while, it's great to see you here.
I especially love your posts on the subjects of vintage lingerie and pattern making. Hope you have fun here :)

saraicat

New in Town
That's awesome to hear, ShrinkingViolet! I've been meaning to write more on the vintage lingerie front since I've really been obsessing about it lately.

hailey greenhat

A-List Customer
hello everyone,
My name's hailey, i'm new to the lounge and the whole forum thing, but it seems easy enough :) I am a 20 yo student and have been swinging infrequently since 02, living in the past has always been my "thing" i suppose. I love the big band sound, and the sturdy structure of old items, the war era is my favorite though i jump into them all from time to time.

I really enjoy embroidering, cooking, baking, gardening, sewing and often make up my own patterns. I'd been luring over the lounge for about a year or so and finally decided to join after figuring out what sort of email account i needed (yahoo i love, but cannot use) anywho hi and i'm looking forward to all the fun in the future.
(Sorry for writing a book)

bluewyvern

New in Town
Hello there!

I've been lurking around outside the door and peering in the windows for some time now, but I've decided to finally make my Fedora Lounge debut.

I learned about this place after I started attending local vintage-themed events like Wit's End, the Jazz Age Lawn Party, and Dances of Vice a couple of years ago, and I've met (and supped with, and danced with) several of you here in New York already. After all this time, it seemed silly never to have actually visited the forum, so here I am.

A bit about me: My name is Jess. I work as a legal proofreader, I'm just starting a master's program in game design at Parsons, and I can often be spotted at New York's jazz parties, burlesque shows, Victorian salons, and other fantastic venues that present the opportunity for a bit of recreational time travel. I blog about those events, as well as arts, games, culture, and a diverse array of odd and interesting things, at Blue Tea. I love things that seem displaced or out of the ordinary, anything that gives a sense of belonging to another place and time.

That's pretty much the basics. I look forward to meeting more of you, and spending some time inhabiting these enchanted, bygone eras. I'm sure I will learn a thing or two!

harvesthobo

New in Town
Hellooo

Hi, I'm new here, just joined I think yesterday. I've been kind of eavesdropping on the forum off and on for a few months now ha and I thought it was about time I finally joined. There's some great information on this site! Just thought I'd drop in and say hello :)

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Hello Everybody

We're new here too. We've been following the Fedora Lounge off and on for awhile now but we still have lots of threads to get through. We are very happy that this website was started because it will be wonderful to talk with others who appreciate some of the same things that give us such a kick.

We like the 1920s, 30s and early 40s. I love art deco (Nick not as much). We both love the classic cars of the 30s & 40s (wish we had one) and we love dressing in the finer clothes of the period when our pocket book allows us. We are both into classic films and we both have two of the bad habits from this time period - smoking and drinking (in moderation of course). We also love the jazz and blues from this time period (must be where we picked up the drinking and smoking). We most certainly were either born too late or we lived another life in the 20s and 30s that has stayed in our genes.

DMc

New in Town
g'day fellas - it seems like it's mostly blokes here, right?
I've been following this forum on and off for a few years, and while I'm no collector (apart from an office full of samples!) I am interested in Akubra chat. I was their wholesale agent for about 15 years in Sydney Australia, and now I work in their Corporate sales section.
I don't profess to be an Akubra expert, but I am keen to help dispel myths, sort fact from fiction, and to pass on useful groundswell up the ladder.
I select from a range of Leisure Time and Stylemaster for work, plus a motley assortment of broad-brims (Traveller, and old shantung Barcoo, etc.) for play.
Looking forward to having a chat.

munchausen

One of the Regulars
Welcome DMc

Just wanted to say welcome. I'm somewhat new to wearing hats but have enjoyed the past several months of reading on here. From what I have viewed of your posts on here regarding Akubra, it looks like you'll be one of those "wealth of knowledge" kind of members. As an Akubra wearer as well, I'm glad to have you on board.

Cheers
Munch
ps yes, seems to be mostly blokes. Are Akubra looking to expand their womens wear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner