Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Langlitz Cascade in Black Goatskin w/ Brown Stitching

Beautiful jacket! You've rushed with the fit pictures, perhaps, as the jacket's still wearing you, but I can tell it's a great fit! :D

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
The Barkeep LOVES this thread. We all need to keep on buying, buying, buying. :eeek:

I was just out riding (in my Vanson Teton) and day dreaming about what I'd like to buy (build?) next. Unfortunately since I retired, I don't have as much disposable income. Still........

The way you sized it reminds me of that old Gracie Allen joke: She put a small and a large roast in the oven. When the small one was burned, the other was done right.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Beautiful jacket! You've rushed with the fit pictures, perhaps, as the jacket's still wearing you, but I can tell it's a great fit! :D

Agreed, even though goat is more supple than horse or steer, it still needs to conform a bit to the wearer, and it was probably still not at room temperature from having sat outside. I took the pics the first time I put it on right out of the wrapper.

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
PA here are a couple more of the Crescent. No question that Langlitz makes a dynamite jacket and happy to see the company developing a bit of additional traction on TFL. I think that we all enable and corrupt each other on this forum. You really hit a home run with your Cascade and am very impressed. :thumb:

Love the extra long appearing sleeves on the "collared" version.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
attachment.php

^ That is almost exactly the Langlitz design I am contemplating (in brown).

PWG, I know this is an unfair question, but I have to ask: How does the Langlitz compare to Aero in terms of quality or any other distinguishable factors?

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
attachment.php

I was thinking exactly the same thing in brown goatskin but retaining the welted slash pockets without zips and keep the zipped chest pocket. Would be a fantastic choice to wear around town more than on a bike. For motorcycle use, the Cascade would IMHO be preferable to the Crescent, and I suspect PA's choice of the Cascade was driven for motorcycle use. Not great weather for cycles now in Pennsylvania though. :smow:

IXL

One Too Many
Haha, that is very, very tempting... but I have a Seal goatskin Aero Board Racer arriving in the next couple of days. If that doesn't work out I can definitely see myself grabbing a Crescent. It's Goat Week in eastern PA.

Brother, do I ever hope the Board Racer is just too darned tight for you, as you don't seem to quibble about moving a jacket on, and too-tight for you should fit me about spot on. Ummm, errr, I mean....Sir, I look forward to reading your favorable review of the new Aero you receive, and I pray you wear it in good health for many years to come! Yes, that's it: that's what I mean.....

Seriously, congratulations on the Cascade and the soon-to-arrive BR!!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Checked the phone and this thread has 25 posts in an afternoon. That's a good indication of success. Yup, your jacket is.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I have a Seal goatskin Aero Board Racer arriving in the next couple of days.

I think Carrie is showing off your Board Racer on the Thurston Bros thread....

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
attachment.php

PWG, I know this is an unfair question, but I have to ask: How does the Langlitz compare to Aero in terms of quality or any other distinguishable factors?

So my plan was to do a compare / contrast on many details/hide of this jacket and the Aero Goatskin Board Racer that is arriving tomorrow. Superficially, the quality of materials of Langlitz and Aero are IMO very similar. From my short ownership of a Langlitz the advantage that they have is that they are completely focused on a singular purpose, and every detail of the jacket is made for riding. If I was going to buy another jacket that I was going to ride in, I would be hard pressed now to consider anyone but Langlitz. I have never owned a jacket that just feels so good when I am sitting on the bike, and is so comfortable to stretch my arms out in... That doesn't diminish my love for Aero, and all of their leather and design options. More to come tomorrow!

pawineguy

One Too Many
I was thinking exactly the same thing in brown goatskin but retaining the welted slash pockets without zips and keep the zipped chest pocket. Would be a fantastic choice to wear around town more than on a bike. For motorcycle use, the Cascade would IMHO be preferable to the Crescent, and I suspect PA's choice of the Cascade was driven for motorcycle use. Not great weather for cycles now in Pennsylvania though. :smow:

Correct on all of the above. When I decided not to go with the Crescent, one of the final factors was that it is a longer design, and would definitely push up into my neck when on the bike. Short snow shower tonight, and -5 forecast tomorrow night. One of the problems is that even if the snow melts and it warms up, there is so much salt around that I hate getting the bike coated with it. I don't see much riding in the near future.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Brother, do I ever hope the Board Racer is just too darned tight for you, as you don't seem to quibble about moving a jacket on, and too-tight for you should fit me about spot on. Ummm, errr, I mean....Sir, I look forward to reading your favorable review of the new Aero you receive, and I pray you wear it in good health for many years to come! Yes, that's it: that's what I mean.....

Seriously, congratulations on the Cascade and the soon-to-arrive BR!!

I will add you to the list of people who are close in size to me. I honestly do like when I can get a jacket that isn't working out into the hands of someone in the TFL family. I feel much better about taking the loss when I know it's going to a good home.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Correct on all of the above. When I decided not to go with the Crescent, one of the final factors was that it is a longer design, and would definitely push up into my neck when on the bike. Short snow shower tonight, and -5 forecast tomorrow night. One of the problems is that even if the snow melts and it warms up, there is so much salt around that I hate getting the bike coated with it. I don't see much riding in the near future.

PA don't you now see the vast difference between the BTR and the Cascade? :D Joshing aside, this has been a pretty good week for you with the Cascade and BTR both arriving within a few hours of the other. Congratulations!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 777
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
PA don't you now see the vast difference between the BTR and the Cascade? :D

I am forwarding this thread to the guys at Langlitz so that they knock a minimum of 15% off of your Crescent order. My Sheene is a little close in style to that, and it's my most often worn casual jacket. In all seriousness, if I did get another Langlitz (and that's a strong possibility) I'm thinking it would be another Cascade but in a straight zip style, so that I have the right moto lengths but in a different look.

apba1166

A-List Customer
I love the goat cascade. Awesome choice. Looks great. I had a steer for years, and sold it thinking I would buy their goat next time I went to Portland. Maybe I no longer have to wait.....yum yum

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I am forwarding this thread to the guys at Langlitz so that they knock a minimum of 15% off of your Crescent order. My Sheene is a little close in style to that, and it's my most often worn casual jacket. In all seriousness, if I did get another Langlitz (and that's a strong possibility) I'm thinking it would be another Cascade but in a straight zip style, so that I have the right moto lengths but in a different look.
I had forgotten about your Sheene that would be somewhere similar to a Cascade with dress collar. It is fun to enjoy others' jackets vicariously when someone else acquires something you also like. I prefer the straight zip look, although the asymmetrical zip on your Cascade is probably more functional for riding.

Edward

Bartender
Nice looking jacket. Interesting how they'll vaqry the fit like that to accomodate armour. That medium fit is just a touch looser than I'd have assumed from the term medium, but obviously that will fill out once you put an armoured vest under it. Some really nice details there. I particularly like the touch of the sleeve-zips not having any bellows behind them - opening just splittling the two parts of the sleeve they hold together, as happens with an Irvin. I think the combination of that and goat hide will make it a great jacket for riding in somewhat warmer weather. It's a touch I'd fancy in something Perfecto or Bootlegger styled and cut for warm weather, in goat... Enjoy!

Haha, that is very, very tempting... but I have a Seal goatskin Aero Board Racer arriving in the next couple of days. If that doesn't work out I can definitely see myself grabbing a Crescent. It's Goat Week in eastern PA.

I was just reading an article in the morning freesheet earlier this week, which stated that goat is the most popular meat in the world. Given how great a hide it is to wear, I should really get on to goat curries and help to create more of those great hides.... ;)

My next couple of planned jackets, a Thunderbay aside, will be in goat.

I need to get off of this forum for a month or two...

:lol: Full of enablers, innit? It's worse than ebaying tiddly.

Damo

A-List Customer
Pawinee,

Thank you very much for the detailed review, it is very much appreciated. I have always been interested in Langlitz so the more I hear the better. Its a very nice jacket and it will be great for riding. I've spoken to Scott a few times, he is great and they really do make jackets for riding. I like the style of padding you have on yours, its a welcome change to the cross-stiching. Well done and hopefully the weather will warm up sooner than later

pawineguy

One Too Many
Nice looking jacket. Interesting how they'll vaqry the fit like that to accomodate armour. That medium fit is just a touch looser than I'd have assumed from the term medium, but obviously that will fill out once you put an armoured vest under it. Some really nice details there. I particularly like the touch of the sleeve-zips not having any bellows behind them - opening just splittling the two parts of the sleeve they hold together, as happens with an Irvin. I think the combination of that and goat hide will make it a great jacket for riding in somewhat warmer weather. It's a touch I'd fancy in something Perfecto or Bootlegger styled and cut for warm weather, in goat... Enjoy!

I was just reading an article in the morning freesheet earlier this week, which stated that goat is the most popular meat in the world. Given how great a hide it is to wear, I should really get on to goat curries and help to create more of those great hides.... ;)

My next couple of planned jackets, a Thunderbay aside, will be in goat.

:lol: Full of enablers, innit? It's worse than ebaying tiddly.

I used to eat a fair amount of goat in northern Mexico. They were quite proud of it, I tolerated it to be polite. It is a funny sizing scale, but since they have two different levels of "snug" I can understand how the medium has a bit of room in it. I'm not sure if there are patterns labeled as such, or if they just ask the same question a bunch of different ways to make sure they are getting you a jacket that suits your purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21