Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New look.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok, I see after a day of our beloved lounge being down it is back with a new coat of paint.

As for the new look, (No offence MK) my personal opinion is that I’m not crazy for it. I have to speak my mind on this. I was in love with the first Lounge because it was very comprehensive, easy to navigate post and upload photos and images to share. Now, it’s an image free lounge! I feel this is the end of an era. :cry:

How are we going to share photos and such? Image hosting sites? That’s a hassle and an half! No thanks man.

That’s my two cense, take it or leave it.

Root.

Canadave

One Too Many
I, for one, like it. I think it will just take a little getting used to. It DOES seem that all our past pics have disappeared, but maybe that's a glitch. We can post new ones -

Dobbs.JPG

Good work, MK (and whoever else was involved...Matt?).

David

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
?

I am surprised that you guys think it looks SO different. It is basically the same thing. Very little has changed. Some of the navigation is just a wee bit different. I keep clicking on "Private messages" when I think I am clicking on the "view new posts"....but that is just because it is in a different spot. One is not better than the other....just different.

The only major change is that you have to link your images instead of up loading them. I always link them anyway, but some people......who shall remain nameless...... ;) ......up load everything. This was getting out of hand and making the board unstable. One member here has 142 images up loaded to the tune of 30 megs! :eek:

This joint is growing fast. We can't host everybodies photos. You can still up load your avitar though.

You guys have no idea how much work it is to make this happen. It took me over an hour just to get all the smilies to work.

I feel like I just remade a 1990 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 from the ground up to match a previous one.....and someone comes after all the work is done and says "Hey! This one is completely different! It has a racing stripe." :p

In a week you won't remember the difference. ;)

Sergei

Gone Home
I do like all the options that are available to view the thread. Guys check them out. You can have several different view modes, rank the thread, search the thread. This is awesome.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I am ok with the new system, looks fine to me. What I am not so thrilled about is the fact that in the transfer I lost almost 50 of most recent posts that I was following up on and some of my important private messages. One other thing is the image uploading issue, I have no way of linking images, that's one big thing I loved about the old Lounge was the image uploading. Other than that I am happy with the new diggs we have. Good stuff MK, I like it, keep up the awsome work, thanks goes to you.

gobler

One of the Regulars
Well I just had time enough to check out the move. I find on my end it's much cleaner and easier to use. One reason I rarly used the old lounge was I had to log in every time I wanted to read a post. A wierd glitch, not here! One thing I do like but have not found here is a spell checker. I get tired and my spelling goes out the window. But a high :cheers1: to MK. Be well my friend.

Cheers,
Jeff

Canadave said:
I, for one, like it. I think it will just take a little getting used to. It DOES seem that all our past pics have disappeared, but maybe that's a glitch. We can post new ones -

Dobbs.JPG

Good work, MK (and whoever else was involved...Matt?).

David

I like that hat. The block looks good on it too. Is that a new one? Better yet---does it fit? :p
By the way, as long as the site is working everything is fine with me. :cool:

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I now like the new look

I thought at first YECH! But after looking at the options and features, I have more control, and can set things up better. Esp. the way to view posts. Uploading images? I just checked and saw a 2.6 usage for me with a bunch of images.. Does the lounge delete them after a period of time? that would save hogging the space. I will begin to use the link again. Cumbersom for me. Or if I can still upload, I will be "good" and delete them like old mail...when folks have had a chance to see them.

I personally want to thank you MK for the effort involved. Having carelessly crashed my own computer last week and spend HOURS reloading and repairing,...I appreciate it. I lost ALL my saved emails from the past two years. Then it dawned on me..what the heck? Don't plan on going back there anyway. Only the "Jokes" section of my mail will be missed as there were some great ones?

Enjoy folks, and check out the MANY MANY new features. Lost posts? Lets start new ones!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Looks passable to me, just needs some sort of horizontal rule to separate the posts....as it is, they run together. I think the global font size is noticably larger, as well.

The interface boxes still have the standard phpBB background - that oddball soft purple / dove gray. The icons(transparent .gifs) aren't fine-tuned for a dark background, so they look jagged around the edges. Minor nitpicks, really. Everything works, just needs a little fiddling.

You can't pull off a major migration like this without changing / losing something.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Separate this!

Wow, everything IS different! (Except the color of course... :p )

Not having any frame borders is a bit weird, but like Sergei said, I like the additional features that seem to be here now.

Nice work MK.

Dalexs

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
MK,
Welcome to the new address. I would have brought salt and bread or a bundt cake but I couldn't get them into the computer.
Here's to good times in the new location!

Your obedient servant,
The Wolf

Canadave

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
I like that hat. The block looks good on it too. Is that a new one? Better yet---does it fit? :p

And here I thought you memorised every one of my posts...in fact, I thought you bookmarked them!
Remember this?

;)

David

PS And, oh...it fits!!!

STHill

One of the Regulars
MK, I think it looks great. And thanks for your hard work. I think I can speak for all the members: We appreciate it!

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
Site looks good a lil gettin used to but good all around......for those who need somewhere to put photos online so you can post em here try fotobucket or any of the other services out now designed for that.............

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Good Stuff

One thing I really love about the new place is that the New Posts link is on every page, it's a simple perk, but one I like. I agree with Ken, a spell checker would be something I also would like to have. I am paranoid about spelling errors, so I am always copying and paisting somewhere where I can spell check. Just some final thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy