Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lost Worlds Suburban

dortiz

One of the Regulars
I finally snapped a few pics. Also sadly is one shot of my brother in laws Aero which just arrived after 5 months. SAD, stitching all over the place, crooked and bunched up lining as well.
We met because I was about to also order a Cafe Racer. Needless to say its going to be a LW.
The Suburban is amazing and will be my everything coat unless I am on the bike. Waiting for my LW Easy Ryder for that purpose.
IMG00246-20110322-1224.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0001.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0002.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0004.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Great looking jacket - how would you compare the horsehide between the two? I have not handled a Lost Worlds jacket, but it appears to have a very different finish than the Aero.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
I think it seems to be a personal opinion. After handling both I dont understand how someone could choose anything but the LW. First of all its twice as thick. Second is the wear. If you like it to look worn than Aero is the ticket. My Brother in laws jacket had creasing and wear in color after only a few weeks versus mine is spotless. Also the Aero has that smooth look versus the LW is a deeper finish. As some have said almost looks painted on but to me thats a huge plus.
Maybe seperate one would not think so but holding both together made the LW seem like twice the jacket in every way. It did not help that after 5 months he received something with really poor workmanship.
I honestly intended to own one of each and had a deposit with plans to finalize the order. My Brother in law stopped me and made sure I looked at his first. Mark was exceptional though at Aero USA in every way.

zaman fu

Familiar Face
Nice jacket and great fit, Dortiz. I was considering a Lost Worlds based on all the good stuff I've been reading here, but wasn't into their leather finishes (from what I can see in the photographs). I'm expecting my Aero 30's halfbelt sometime in April, and, hopefully, the workmanship will be good. Does your brother-in-law regret his purchase or is he happy overall despite the stitching/lining issues?
Thanks.

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Very, very nice looking jacket. Great fit.

By the way, LW really needs to put better pictures up on their website. The pictures they have displayed never seem to do the coats justice - at least compared to the customer photos I see on the Lounge.

After seeing your photos, I would consider buying one at some point. I have already been eying the sheepskin version for some time. I would probably add a windflap and throat closure.

I second the question about your brother-in-law's overall satisfaction with his Aero. Which jacket was it?

dortiz

One of the Regulars
I cant say how he feels.

I have to think this was a rare mistake. Too many people rave over the coats. I think he wished it was a little heavier like mine though and that the work would have been clean. Style wise and fit the jacket is fantastic though.

It felt great though to the touch and to be honest if the jacket had been a little heavier and the stitching in tact I would have had one too.

Last edited:

jimmer_5

Practically Family
You might consider Aero's Steerhide - I ahve one, and the look and feel is very much like their Horsehide, but it's super thick. It's also about $100 cheaper.

Dav

One Too Many
Wow dortiz that is a fantastic looking jacket, one of the best I've ever seen in fact.
Yes jimmer_5 is correct Aero's Steerhide feels much heavier and stiffer than their Horsehide.

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Your brother in law should definitely return the jacket to Aero.
My Highwayman had to go back for some missed stitches, and attachment
of the bottom corderoy strip which they forgot.
Some of the stitching is also not the straightest, but certainly not like the stitching
in your last pic. Aero's QC leaves a little to be desired.
But they nail the fit, and their FQHH is beautiful. And the FQHH
gets all buttery soft when wearing it, plus
my jacket, however, is a perfect fit.
And unlike you, I love the beat up look Aero's FQHH gets.
But I also understand wanting your jacket to look new forever.
To each his own.
Oh, BTW, your jacket is killer!
Lenny

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Edit, turned in to a mess and not worth posting about. Love my jacket!

Tried on his Aero and besides a fixable issue think its amazing product as well.

Last edited:

HighandDry

A-List Customer
Great looking Suburban. By far my favorite LW jacket.

I wouldn't worry about getting "fired" by (I assume) Mark. Just go directly to Amanda at Aero or give Insurrection in Seattle a call. Insurrection has a bunch of cafe racers for sale without the wait!

One of the Regulars
Magnificent Suburban Sir!!
Quite exceptional and a great fit as well!
I love mine !
PS: Go with LW Easy Ryder or the Buco Ryder, they are absolutely stunning. you will never regret it!
None of the others can compare with it!

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I am probably going to order an Easy Ryder this week. Did get you Brass or Aluminum hardware? How is the extra cotton lining. Warmer? I really loved the Checkered cotton drill in the Aero. It looked cool and felt warm. I hope the LW ER is a bit warmer.
I think I need the Suburban as my walk around, The Easy Ryder as my cool weather bike jacket and now I can continue my quest for light Cafe Racer. Maybe a Goodwear is in my future too..

Last edited:

One of the Regulars
Thanks! I am probably going to order an Easy Ryder this week. Did get you Brass or Aluminum hardware? How is the extra cotton lining. Warmer? I really loved the Checkered cotton drill in the Aero. It looked cool and felt warm. I hope the LW ER is a bit warmer.
I think I need the Suburban as my walk around, The Easy Ryder as my cool weather bike jacket and now I can continue my quest for light Cafe Racer. Maybe a Goodwear is in my future too..

Brass in standard, aluminum is optional ( your choice or preference).
I do not use interlining on any of my jackets whoever the manufacturer.
Good luck. ( The Goodwear Buco J100 style is a casual jacket not a motorcycle cafe racer jacket)

One of the Regulars
I order the jackets without interlining, just the lining and leather hide.
LW offer interlining on the PJ27 and the Buco Rider and Easy Ryder replicas, and I choose not to take it, with a 3.5/4 OZ hide and strong nylon lining there is no need for interlining.

nabottle

A-List Customer
The Suburban looks amazing! I wish I one too. I am so glad I ordered a HH Pea Coat from Lost Worlds. I can't wait to get it. I hope it looks as good as your Suburban does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart