Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member seeks assistance!

la vie en rose

New in Town
Salutations!
I'm new to the Lounge, and I love reading all the wonderful advice you provide! I have a small problem that I hope someone will be able to help with - I tend to blush *very* easily, and I turn quite red whenever I dance. My skin is naturally very pink on my cheeks - is there any way I can reduce this, with or without makeup? I don't wear makeup very often, and when I do I try to keep it as light as possible. I've tried pressed powder and it only works for a little while.
Thanks very much!

crystalface

One of the Regulars
I suggest your apply a foundation on your cheeks at least, and then powder it up. Then use a brown-toned blush, or peach, and with the brush, tap off all the exsess so there is very little on the brush.
Or you can opt for no blush at all because you have a natural blush to your cheeks ;)

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Oh I know that problem myself. I get that when I´m exited, when I´m flattered, ashamed, even when I´m at work. If only foundation doesn´t work mix a bit of concealer into it (not too much, just a little bit of it)- It will do wonders.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
There's that green corrective stuff you can buy, that is supposed to counteract redness, but I have never tried it so can't vouch for its effectiveness. I was just looking here and they have a green one called "Blush Away", but I'm sure you can find something closer to home to try.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
My skin is quite pink, and I solve the problem with a cream foundation topped with powder (green correctors never did much for me—I find regular foundation works fine on its own.) Since you do not use a lot of makeup, I would suggest trying a good powder foundation for ease and convenience of application. I found that MAC Studio Fix and Body and Soul 2-in-1 power foundations both have excellent coverage (they are a bit pricey though.) For a drugstore alternative, Cover Girl makes a powder foundation that seems to be well-liked by many (I've not tried it myself though.) In addition, I often use a mineral makeup by Aromaleigh that gives superb redness coverage.

crystalface

One of the Regulars
Maybelline has a mousse foundation that gives a nice amount of coverage, but still feels super light! I saw that Besame has one too, if you wanted to go old school.
Ah and here we go with shameless Origins promotion again... We have a foundation called Stay Tuned which gives medium coverage, and will cover the pinkiness but won't look like cake. (pairss well with the synthetic hair foundation brush) ;)

MissMissy

One of the Regulars
Without make-up suggestion

I have been told that if you wiggle your toes when you are about to or just starting to blush that you will stop. [huh] I don't know if it works because everytime I start blushing I am too embaressed to think about wiggling my toes! Plus I wonder how it really could work if the blood is already rushing to your face can you really redirect it to your toes?! I am no doctor that's for sure but maybe give it a try just to see if it helps.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda