Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bsman

New in Town
Hey folks -- I've known about this forum for a while, and finally decided to join. I'm sort of a hat junkie -- have been since I was a kid. given that both of my grandfathers were bald early (and my mom has twin brothers who went bald at 19!) I always anticipated that I would be requiring hats all the time. Fast forward - and here I am at 58 with a full head of hair! Nonetheless, my love of hats endures. In terms of things that would be of interest to the folks here, I have:
  • Old (probably 50s or 60s) Stetson "Gun Club" pork pie fur felt in loden green (I wore that to a recent "Specials" concert in San Francisco and fit right in with the rude boys!)
  • Early 1990s Fender Temple in grey (this was my first true Fedora, purchased in New Orleans at Meyer the Hatter while I was there for a meeting).
  • Akubra traveller (my "go-to" hat for bad weather, casual or travel). I recently packed this one in my suitcase for a three-week trip to NYC, England and Iceland and it was perfect.
  • Akubra Snowy River in black -- I rarely wear this, because....well.... it's a cowboy hat.
  • Akubra Banjo Paterson -- I got this and the following from the wife of a friend who passed away a couple of years ago, and it fits me like a glove. Probably the best of my hats
  • Akubra Sydney in brown -- again, a lovely hat, but the color doesn't work with most of my business wardrobe.
In addition, I have several fabric hats for the warmer months to wear while hiking, etc. Anyway -- I look forward to reading and contributing to posts here. This is the first apparel-related group I've joined -- my forte is normally guitar- and soccer-related groups.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Hey, BSMan,

I noted this: "Early 1990s Fender Temple in grey (this was my first true Fedora, purchased in New Orleans at Meyer the Hatter while I was there for a meeting)." That was about the same time I first got into hats and visited Meyer's a lot: bought several Temples, including a black, a mink, a softer-than-usual cream-colored one they don't offer any more, and the light Mist Gray and Nougat models I still have. They are nice hats.

I too like but don't feel "right" wearing pure cowboy hats. But since coming to the Lounge, I've discovered the vintage Stetson Open Road and its clones from other manufacturers. The style is Western, yes, but not true cowboy, sort of a mix of Western and fedora. "The cowboy hat is worn by the guy who works on the ranch. But the Open Road is worn by the guy who owns the ranch."

joli160

New in Town
Good day to you all;

Recently signed up and find it here a nice civil community. Have been reading quite a lot and thought after buying a Fedora why not join.
I'm in my early 50's and live in Europe.
Don't really know anything about hats, just like them but like to understand a bit more.
Main hobby is Rolex watches and I hang around on some watch forums as well.

Best regards
Joli

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good day to you all;

Recently signed up and find it here a nice civil community. Have been reading quite a lot and thought after buying a Fedora why not join.
I'm in my early 50's and live in Europe.
Don't really know anything about hats, just like them but like to understand a bit more.
Main hobby is Rolex watches and I hang around on some watch forums as well.

Best regards
Joli
You sir have come to the right place to learn more about hats, Welcome!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112