Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
I do love my Northwest hats. Mike is very adept at brim curls and replicates the D'Orsay curl about as close to vintage as I've seen. That said, Michael Gannon is at the top of my list for making the best vintage style soft felt hats these days.

Northwest Cambridge bowler
View attachment 526126 View attachment 526127

Gannon Homburg
View attachment 526128

I’ve come close to pulling the trigger on one of Northwest’s “proper topper” top hats. Not sure he can make it in my size? His curls and reverse taper all look great. I don’t think anyone does what he does better. The Panama hats he makes for Bill @Bill Hughes and others are breathtakingly beautiful.

Lordteabelly

New in Town
Hi guys,

I'm new here so wanted to post quickly to say hello. I've been following posts on here for a while when I've been searching and researching hats. As all of you, I am a big hat lover, I dont have a massive collection as yet but I will hopefully one day have a few nice hats I can alternate like alot of you guys.
I will post my small collection soon but I'm happy to have an akubra campdraft in bluegrass green, the open road Royal Deluxe and a whippet by stetson, a couple of bailey hats, a Failsworth panama and most recently a hornskov panama.

I'm visiting seattle and nyc in sept from the uk and have seen a cool hat shop in seattle, and ofcourse there is jjhat centre in nyc so I hope to visit both and maybe treat myself while I'm there.

It's a pleasure to be among you guys and hopefully chat hats:)

Regards

Dave

Hi guys,

I'm new here so wanted to post quickly to say hello. I've been following posts on here for a while when I've been searching and researching hats. As all of you, I am a big hat lover, I dont have a massive collection as yet but I will hopefully one day have a few nice hats I can alternate like alot of you guys.
I will post my small collection soon but I'm happy to have an akubra campdraft in bluegrass green, the open road Royal Deluxe and a whippet by stetson, a couple of bailey hats, a Failsworth panama and most recently a hornskov panama.

I'm visiting seattle and nyc in sept from the uk and have seen a cool hat shop in seattle, and ofcourse there is jjhat centre in nyc so I hope to visit both and maybe treat myself while I'm there.

It's a pleasure to be among you guys and hopefully chat hats:)

Regards

Dave
Which hat shop in Seattle?

I believe it's called Eclipse Hat shop, I've been following her a while on Instagram. She's based near pike place Market
She is a nice lady, small shop with nothing special in stock. Mostly low end hat brands and lower priced Stetsons. But you will likely be going to the Pike market anyway. Stop in at Pike Place Brew pub, in the middle of it is a nice little seafood cafe, great fresh oysters to go with the beer with good happy hour pricing. Zeke's Pizza out closer to the Space Needle has good pizza and another place with great happy hour prices.

Lordteabelly

New in Town
She is a nice lady, small shop with nothing special in stock. Mostly low end hat brands and lower priced Stetsons. But you will likely be going to the Pike market anyway. Stop in at Pike Place Brew pub, in the middle of it is a nice little seafood cafe, great fresh oysters to go with the beer with good happy hour pricing. Zeke's Pizza out closer to the Space Needle has good pizza and another place with great happy hour prices.
I have seen zekes pizza online when I've been doing my research so will check it out. yes will definitely be doing pike place a couple of times during my 5 day visit.

Yes her shop seems small but she seems really nice in her videos, and responds to all the comments I've left. She did tell me she has akubra camldrafts in fawn in stock and had some stetson stratoliners and hemp stratoliners in stock so I'd be interested in checking those out, esp the campdraft.

I have seen zekes pizza online when I've been doing my research so will check it out. yes will definitely be doing pike place a couple of times during my 5 day visit.

Yes her shop seems small but she seems really nice in her videos, and responds to all the comments I've left. She did tell me she has akubra camldrafts in fawn in stock and had some stetson stratoliners and hemp stratoliners in stock so I'd be interested in checking those out, esp the campdraft.
We stay at either the BellTown Inn or The Pineapple on 5th. Both smaller boutique properties. Good area about a 20 minute walk to downtown or Pike Market. For a nice breakfast or light lunch our favourite is Le Pichette on First & Virginia. It is a french inspired bistro.

Lordteabelly

New in Town
We stay at either the BellTown Inn or The Pineapple on 5th. Both smaller boutique properties. Good area about a 20 minute walk to downtown or Pike Market. For a nice breakfast or light lunch our favourite is Le Pichette on First & Virginia. It is a french inspired bistro.
Ah yes, we are staying at hotel 5 pineapple hotel!! it looked nice and said it was a good location. Good to hear its not a,far walk to pike place then too! thanks for the recommendation for breakfast as I don't think it's included at that hotel

Ah yes, we are staying at hotel 5 pineapple hotel!! it looked nice and said it was a good location. Good to hear its not a,far walk to pike place then too! thanks for the recommendation for breakfast as I don't think it's included at that hotel
No, The last time I was there they had bananas at the lobby coffee location. Just in the next block is TopSpot Donuts. Good coffee and great donuts if you want a non healthy breakfast!

Once in a while I will get up and make a donut/latte run to TopSpot and bring it all back to my wife....still in bed.

Lordteabelly

New in Town
No, The last time I was there they had bananas at the lobby coffee location. Just in the next block is TopSpot Donuts. Good coffee and great donuts if you want a non healthy breakfast!

Once in a while I will get up and make a donut/latte run to TopSpot and bring it all back to my wife....still in bed.
ah wonderful, thank you so much for the tips! so I'd there cafes or much close by for breakfast so there isn't far to go to eat first thing?

Michiganiac

New in Town
Hi all, I'm new in town. Long time enthusiast of fedoras, ever since I saw cinema's most famous fedora as a youngster.

At the moment, I've got a wool felt from Pendleton. And a wool felt western fedora by Red Head. The latter is too small.

Perhaps the best hat I have at the moment is a Scala straw hat.

I've also got a serious hat-on (arf arf) for the Akubra Fed. Once the coffers are a little less bare I'll be making a purchase.

Hi all, I'm new in town. Long time enthusiast of fedoras, ever since I saw cinema's most famous fedora as a youngster.

At the moment, I've got a wool felt from Pendleton. And a wool felt western fedora by Red Head. The latter is too small.

Perhaps the best hat I have at the moment is a Scala straw hat.

I've also got a serious hat-on (arf arf) for the Akubra Fed. Once the coffers are a little less bare I'll be making a purchase.
You will be well pleased when you step up in quality from a wool felt to a decent quality fur felt. There is a world of difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran