Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Just joined the forum, been a hat wearer for a long time. I Bought a poly mesh summer hat and a wool fedora a while back, I really like the style and wanted to buy something that was a little nicer quality. I have been reading on the forum for a while and decided to finally join. I have bought 2 Akubras in the last year. Stylemaster in carbon gray and Stockman in Fawn. View attachment 361414 View attachment 361415
Welcome to the Lounge! My first hat was an Akubra Federation IV. Now I have 7 or 8 Akubras and a couple vintage. Nice sturdy hats, Akubra.

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
Hello to all, I'm new here and hope to enjoy my time here. I'm really only into western hats and have a very modest collection compared to what I've seen here this far. Hat in my avatar is just a cheap Twister straw that I reshaped to my preferred gus style crease. I'll be posting pics of my reshaped Resistols and Stetson later after work. Thanks!

Hello to all, I'm new here and hope to enjoy my time here. I'm really only into western hats and have a very modest collection compared to what I've seen here this far. Hat in my avatar is just a cheap Twister straw that I reshaped to my preferred gus style crease. I'll be posting pics of my reshaped Resistols and Stetson later after work. Thanks!

Hello and welcome. You’ve likely run across this thread but if not, here you go.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/western-anyone.24539/

DaveProc

I'll Lock Up
Welcome!

Snowman

Practically Family
Welcome!

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
Sorry I missed this post. I hope you feel welcome here: it’s a nice place to waste some time. A lot of us like westerns…we are also pretty good at helping you spend all that pesky discretionary income on hats. :)
Thanks, so far I've felt really welcome here, I like looking at all the different styles! I'll be a regular here I'm sure. I'm a fairly active member on a knife collector forum so I enjoy engaging with others that have hobbies like mine. As I already spend more than I should on traditional pocket knives my hat budget is pretty slim, though I've seen quite a few temptations already.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thank you, I really like them. When do most people wear their fedoras, like the Stylemaster? I think it looks good with pretty much everything :) but sometimes feel like it looks a little too nice for casual wear.
Can’t remember the last time I stepped outside without a hat on and if i did it was an accident quickly remedied.
Ps: hope you enjoy your time at the Lounge.
B

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I
Thanks, so far I've felt really welcome here, I like looking at all the different styles! I'll be a regular here I'm sure. I'm a fairly active member on a knife collector forum so I enjoy engaging with others that have hobbies like mine. As I already spend more than I should on traditional pocket knives my hat budget is pretty slim, though I've seen quite a few temptations already.
Welcome.
Sharp hats and sharp knives go head and hand says the guy from Almost Heaven.
What’s your knife thing??
B

I too have a weakness for collecting pocket knives but have to keep that in check as my hat collecting is a bit out of control and I can't afford two out of control collections. Welcome to The Lounge

MisplacedHillbilly

One of the Regulars
I

Welcome.
Sharp hats and sharp knives go head and hand says the guy from Almost Heaven.
What’s your knife thing??
B
Mostly vintage and new slipjoint knives, not to hijack the thread to much here's some examples
20210930_122348.jpg

Vintage Ulster half congress, over a century old
20210930_122336.jpg

Some of my collection
20210930_121842.jpg

What's in my pocket today, Great Eastern Cutlery 85 crown lifter, a Opinel no.6 with handle carved by me and an A.Wright & Son lambsfoot

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Mr Oldschool

One of the Regulars
Hey everybody! I'm not actually new here, but I've been gone a long time and decided to change my handle upon returning to the forum. If anyone remembers me, I went by Shadomega before. I had created that name back in my 20's as an anime inspired handle, but I haven't really watched anime in a long time. At other forums, I go by Mr Oldschool, so I asked to have it changed here as well. So, to those I knew before, hello again, and to those I haven't met, hello!

Hey everybody! I'm not actually new here, but I've been gone a long time and decided to change my handle upon returning to the forum. If anyone remembers me, I went by Shadomega before. I had created that name back in my 20's as an anime inspired handle, but I haven't really watched anime in a long time. At other forums, I go by Mr Oldschool, so I asked to have it changed here as well. So, to those I knew before, hello again, and to those I haven't met, hello!

Welcome back!

Mostly vintage and new slipjoint knives, not to hijack the thread to much here's some examples View attachment 365366
Vintage Ulster half congress, over a century old View attachment 365367
Some of my collection View attachment 365368
What's in my pocket today, Great Eastern Cutlery 85 crown lifter, a Opinel no.6 with handle carved by me and an A.Wright & Son lambsfoot
There is a separate thread in the Lounge for us knife collectors. Many wonderful sharp pointy things in people's collections.

DiamondJimLA

New in Town
Hello All!

I've been lurking for some months now, but thought it was time to join up and introduce myself.

I spent the first 71 years of life disliking hats and virtually never wearing them, other than maybe a Dodgers baseball cap once in a while (I'm a big Dodgers fan). So out of the blue, earlier this year, I got some bug to get a hat; I have no idea why that happened. So I started with a Stetson Diamond Jim in black, which I like, and that inspired my screen name (but my name is Jim). I followed that with a Stetson Diamond Jim Shantung hat, then got a Stetson Catera (which I also like a lot). When I get into something new, I have a tendency to over do it and spend too much, so I am trying to pause for a bit to make sure my hat deal is going to stick.

Hardly anyone (men especially) wear hats around here in SoCal, excepting the usual baseball-type hats. So it is interesting watching people's reactions. Initially I may have been a little shy, but I am over that and wearing my hats like a boss. I have also decided yesterday that if anyone is asking questions, I will start suggesting they may not have heard that hats is the new hot thing - seeing if I can con people into adopting a new fad - hahaha.

I'll try to post up some pics soon.

Mr Oldschool

One of the Regulars
I remember when I got my first panama, I was self conscious because I almost never saw anyone wearing them. Right after I got it, we took a trip to Disneyland and all of a sudden I saw them everywhere! Now I pretty much wear my panamas constantly throughout the summer months without a care in the world.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Hello All!

I've been lurking for some months now, but thought it was time to join up and introduce myself.

I spent the first 71 years of life disliking hats and virtually never wearing them, other than maybe a Dodgers baseball cap once in a while (I'm a big Dodgers fan). So out of the blue, earlier this year, I got some bug to get a hat; I have no idea why that happened. So I started with a Stetson Diamond Jim in black, which I like, and that inspired my screen name (but my name is Jim). I followed that with a Stetson Diamond Jim Shantung hat, then got a Stetson Catera (which I also like a lot). When I get into something new, I have a tendency to over do it and spend too much, so I am trying to pause for a bit to make sure my hat deal is going to stick.

Hardly anyone (men especially) wear hats around here in SoCal, excepting the usual baseball-type hats. So it is interesting watching people's reactions. Initially I may have been a little shy, but I am over that and wearing my hats like a boss. I have also decided yesterday that if anyone is asking questions, I will start suggesting they may not have heard that hats is the new hot thing - seeing if I can con people into adopting a new fad - hahaha.

I'll try to post up some pics soon.
Welcome to the Lounge Diamond J.
I’ve found not all mentalities are created equal.
Hats are the new old hot thing.
Some mentalities just don’t appreciate it and thankfully so.
If they did then everyone would be just like us and what fun would that be??
It’s never to late to be the Boss!
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ