Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Mid-Length Herman Oak Bridle leather Chain Wallet Blackyrock

winterland1

Practically Family
I have been eyeing a new wallet for a while. Mine is falling apart. Cheap bonded leather.
I had a wallet with a chain and wanted another as I lost my wallet many times before the chain. So it is not just because it looks cool. Looking cool is a bonus though.
Have found a few places to get this and similiar styles. Some discussion here and also found quite a bit on Iron Heart's message board. Wow are thier wallets in this design expensive. :faint2:
It was close between Leather Goods Connection and Don't Moan Organize Leather until I found an individual leather maker who had a style just like I wanted. Considered natural color but decided I wanted black with contrasting stitching with barbours linen thread. Hand waxed with beeswax. He had a few options of leather and after talking with him went with Herman Oak Bridle leather. I also considered Horween but it was more expensive and the Oak sounds like a great leather also. The brass D-ring is unique as I didn't see anyone else with this exact style.
The best part is the price is very reasonable. Only took a week to get also. I like the midlength as it all fits in your pocket only the D-ring sticking out. It also has the same measurements as my old trifold wallet. 5 1/4" by 3 5/8"
If anyone is looking for a wallet, I would highly recommend this craftsman. He makes a few styles and belts also.
Here is his Tumblr page. http://blackyrock.tumblr.com/
I can give his email also if anyone wants.
Let me know what you think.
IMG_3421.JPG IMG_3422.JPG IMG_3423.JPG IMG_3424.JPG IMG_3425.JPG IMG_3432.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy