Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New overcoat ...

... part of the money from my Stratoliner sale went on a German overcoat (also got me vearly 40s cords and a vintage Montecristi). Apparently made for a guy posted in Germany after WWII. So, mid-late 40s but in, i think, a very 30s style - lots of pre war Hitler pics in this type jacket. Images likely to disappear:

be_1_b.JPG
3c_1_b.JPG

64_1_b.JPG

hindenburg_hitler.jpg

Has arrived at home, and my father says it fits him "grand". Should fit me grand also ... we're around the same size. He's inherited a couple of my suits ...

bk

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
lol At first I thought you were saying your father said that the coat fit Hitler "grand". I was thinking.. hmm... I say it looks a bit baggy on him. Then you talked about him inheriting suits and such, and being the same size, and I figured it out. Talk about a brain fart.

I think it's a very cool overcoat, it reminds me of something more Russian than German. Any chance I can see a closeup of the buckle and bottons one of these days?

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
I'll post pics when i see the jacket ... not until December at the earliest. It's remaining in Britain until i return there (hopefully at the end of this year).

bk

You do realise we might just have to throw a shindig for that, don't you?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
These are the same kinds of vintage overcoats that Germany ships by the ton to Chile. They are EXTREMELY heavy. Yours is too, huh?

Some of these overcoats have very nice-looking labels.

We Yanks call that a "western yoke", but it was popular on German coats and overcoats for decades. You even find it sometimes on those olive green "loden" coats that Germans (and the French, for some reason) never get tired of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters