Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New suit... almost, not quite there.

matei

One Too Many
Howdy all...

Just back from holidays in Romania, where I once again met with my grumpy tailor in order to get a suit and some trousers made.

I requested that he make me a jacket with features from a plethora of photos gathered here at the Lounge... Peak lapel, small armholes, etc.

The trousers are high(er) waisted than usual, and have a larger cuff circumference than usual. He was concerned that I wanted bell-bottoms, but I told him to "think grandpa". He got them right. I didn't ask for the dropped loops.

He fought tooth and nail regarding the armhole size, but actually followed though for the first fitting.

Although initially the proceedings looked promising, somewhere between the final fitting and the pickup date "someone" enlarged the armholes. While the jacked fits better than some of the others I have, this last minute "mystery" alteration affects to some extent the drape of the suit. :mad:

The way the system works is that the tailors in the area are part of a "collective". My guy does most of the work, but then sends it off to have someone else do the cutting or finishing... Apparently they misunderstood that we wanted the armholes small and enlarged them accordingly. :mad:

I asked for peaked lapels, but instead he gave me lapels like you see in "Chinatown", on Jake's linen suit. A cross between peaked and notched lapels. Pretty cool nonetheless.

I'll post some photos later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats