Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New wool trousers in 'vintage' style (high waist, non-slimfit) ?

Gijoe

A-List Customer
WPG Tropical Worsted wool Zipper and rubber band on the Waist. Not a Winter trouser !

WPG Officer Pinks Button Fly , heavy Wool . Very Vintag look A Winter trouser

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I have tried these on at the store , wool, baggy, high rise, & a unhemmed length so they might be long enough for you, they did seem long the length
i did not buy any though. they did not have a color i prefered & i like a ultra high waist, (though these were a high rise) & buttons for suspenders.
http://mybabyjo.com/Double-Pleated-Trouser-Vintage-Tweed-Trous-Vint-Tweed.htm
you will probably be better finding vintage try searching hollywood waist pants

Last edited:

dakotanorth

Practically Family
I gotta nit-pick....

On almost ALL of these repro pants I see, none of them turn their seams correctly!
I'm referring to the seam where the waistband meets the top of the pants. When you turn both seam allowances up into the waistband, it makes the waistband look like it was anchored onto the pants.
When each seam allowance is turned back towards its source, the surface stays flush; the waistband sits "level" with the pants.
This is the dead give-away on repro pants. For some reason no one has figured this out.
Here's two pics, showing the difference. Granted these pics aren't great but I think you can get the point....
On the left is the repro, on the right is an original vintage pair.
waist-repro.jpg

vintage.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
dakotanorth
Good Info
i look for that also,, cant go wrong with hollywood waist that wont happen...
but i do prefer older drop loops like your 2nd pic those have suspender buttons right ?
the higher waist you go suspenders help out better...
I do wear em as high as my avatar but not a Zoot style i hate pegged bottoms.....

nihil

One of the Regulars

dakotanorth

Practically Family
That sure is a lot of diverse suggestions :)
I've been meaning to get the WPG pinks for some time, but since I got another pair of trousers that look quite a bit like them (70's issue German brown police trousers), I've been holding out.
What I'm ideally looking for, is something similar to this:
http://www.landsend.co.uk/Men%27s-No-iron-Traditional-Fit-Pleated-front-Chinos/P_9698,en_GB,pd.html
But in wool, and it wouldn't hurt if they were a tad higher on the waist.

We should have talked about 4 months ago- I had a STACK of officer's Pinks and Darks!
Seriously, unless you wear a hard-to-find size, you can score some original ones for a reasonable price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff