Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie with lots of questions.

contentmentfarm

New in Town
Good evening Gents and Ladies,

Being new around here I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but I'm going to jump right in. I'm a vintage clothing dealer and just bought a small group of men's suits, coats and some accessories from the 1920s to early 1940s. Now, if they were women's clothing I could easily delve right into them but I'm out of my element with men's.

I've been lurking here, reading and learning and will probably ask for more help with specific things as I get to them if that's ok. But for right now, I'm curious what kinds of details are important to you gents when looking for vintage suits etc. Do certain styles have more appeal for you than others?

Last, for now anyway, how much wear on clothing would you consider acceptable? If a suit needed a small amount of reweaving would you still consider it, or would you wait until a piece in better condition came along? If you were to buy such a piece how much would it affect the value percentage wise.

See, I told you I had lots of questions!:D TIA for any and all insights you'd like to share.

Candy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran