Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEWS BOY CAPS

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Viper Man said:
Yeah, I've noticed that. They seem to sell-out fast when the price drops. Not to get off topic but tell us more about your jacket. Is it an Aero?

Nope it's from Lost Worlds Limited Edition section. Horsehide very thick (4mil) broke it in when my wife and I spent our 20th Anniversary in France. We were outside rambling about for 2 weeks in rain and cold weather and it broke in real well.

I have owned both Aero and Lost Worlds. They have their own individual characteristics and are great jackets. Great Companies.

As to Peterman the hat they ar showing this year that seems the most interesting to me looks like it might have brownish heather tint which I am looking closely at getting.

Charlie Huang

Practically Family
Torpedo said:
NOW INTRODUCING: BOOKSTER CAPS

Hi,

This week I have received a package with three new caps from Bookster, in the UK. Two are flat caps, which I will present separately, and one is newsboy style.

These are made-to-order caps. You choose the material and the style. Bookster is specialized in tweed suits, so the selection is the same you have for suits: more than 100 :)p ) to choose, different patterns and weigths. You choose the liner colour, too (13 available).

Bookster website...

http://www.tweed-jacket.com/Tweed Caps and Hats/Tweed Caps and Hats.html

They have some styles not shown in the website. I asked for more generous crowns, and they do offer this option in the Hereford (flat cap) and Gloucester (8-panel) models.

Here is my 8-panel model, in a heavy tweed cloth called Gun Club...

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0380-1.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0382.jpg

Communication with Bookster was first rate. From making effective the order to receiving the hats, it was about 6 weeks - less than the 8 weeks time they stated.

I can only recommend Bookster to all of you!

Regards!

You know what, Mr. Torpedo. After going through this thread again for the third time (!) I've decided to get my next cap from Booksters. I'm thinking of getting mines in the Nairn cloth so that it matches the 3P suit that I bought from them last year as well as the spats I made from the leftover cloth they so nicely sent me!

g2E-NAIRN-TWEED.jpg

5840_114488572062_688147062_2790570_4205296_n.jpg

4986_100797287062_688147062_2565752_5514963_n.jpg

*rubs hands in glee*

EDIT: Oh drat! They're out of stock on the cloth and they supposedly charge £30 extra for it if used! Woe is me!

filfoster

One Too Many
LOUNGE-time learning

Dinerman said:
http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=43774

Take a look through the Vintage Caps Photo Gallery Thread. The vast majority appear to have snaps. I know every one I've run across has had one.

Dinerman, I have learned something. (Don't tell Mrs. F: She's convinced it's not possible) This selection suggests that snaps were the norm and not the exception. Thanks! Still have the 'snapless' Tom Joads in the works but I am satisfied he just might have had the snap. A picture (or an entire series from Marc's collection) is worth a 1000 .....

Feraud

Bartender
Filfoster, do you have enough reference pics for the Tom Joad cap you have having made?
If not, let me know. I have TGOW on dvd and will screencap the he// out of it for you. ;)

Charlie Huang

Practically Family
Update on the Bookster cap.

The site is in error. The cloth is in stock and the surcharge is only £3! Anyways, it's not my concern anymore as Messrs. Bookster is making the cap for me AS A GIFT! :D

*rubs hands in glee*

filfoster

One Too Many
Thank you!

Feraud: My most humble and sincere THANKS! You are the ACME bartender!
I watched most of this movie today with my Mom-she's going on 91, and we both enjoyed it. I think the 7th one down shows the distinct look of a snap. Thanks for this invaluable help. I will alert Michael at Hatterdashery to drop into the Lounge and check this thread for his reference. Who knows? He may join after seeing the place, if he already isn't a member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters