Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newsboy, Cabbie, Fisherman's Cap, Jay Gatsby, Pageboy, cap...

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Where can one find a great buy on a quality one of these ^^^^^? Whatever you choose to call them...I think of a Scottish man, smoking a pipe, or a gentleman opening the door for a lady, or a paperboy throwing papers from his bicycle. Either way, I want one. I want a GOOD one. As always, hand-crafted and only made from 100% wool. I don't necessarily want to pay dearly for one, though. I would like a tweed or a plaid one, in neutral colors. With or without a leather tightening strap. What say you? I know there has to be someone on here who likes these things as much as I do. I almost picked one up from the mall around Christmas, but it was a little too "stiff" for my taste. It had a plastic bill frame and that was a deal breaker, too. I'm thinking very soft. Something that all but collapses on one's head or one that just drapes nicely. Something that looks like it has been worn for years (or one that soon will).

RJR

I believe that any of the custom capmakers here on the lounge will make a cap to your specs.Look at the cap threads and/or the Cap Dept on FaceBook.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I believe that any of the custom capmakers here on the lounge will make a cap to your specs.Look at the cap threads and/or the Cap Dept on FaceBook.
Hopefully they will pick up this post. I don't know who the custom makers are, but I'd love to find out more. About to check Facebook. Thank you.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
There are a bunch of LONG threads on this subject already - have you tried scanning them? For example:

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?23684-The-Cap-Faction

I know it's hundred of pages, but try skipping around: there are surely sample photos and links to most of the major cap-makers in there.

Thank you Dr. Strange. I have been able to find several photos and people talking about them, but I haven't had as much luck with the particulars of where the good ones come from (aside from vintage reclaim boutiques, of course). I will continue to browse the threads. Maybe I will run across some good information.

RJR

As Dr Strange says there are long threads re caps.In no particular order and hoping I don't overlook someone,look for Johnny Cordova,Keith LoBue,Damian Monsivais & Barry Simonds that should give you a pretty good selection.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Delmonico is carrying Doria caps from Italy that were previously sold under the Borsalino label. I have one of the Borso branded wool/cashmere caps and its quite nice.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Deleted duplicate.

Attachments

• Donegal.jpg
    Donegal.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 328

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
The canvey cap from old town is a nice one, you mentioned something soft, that would be a good one, I purchased one for about $80 Canadian.
Also I gotta say you won't be disappointed with a custom cap from one of our makers, I love all of mine

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
The canvey cap from old town is a nice one, you mentioned something soft, that would be a good one, I purchased one for about $80 Canadian.
Also I gotta say you won't be disappointed with a custom cap from one of our makers, I love all of mine
Nice. I've had a couple contact me via PM. I'm going to think on it for a few days. I'm not sure what style, color, etc. I will choose. Thank you for the recommendation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points